une 27 3-Day Wonder. #3. Wheelchair Stateroom 7638

pjkds

Earning My Ears
We had Stateroom 7638, a wheelchair-accessible room with a king-sized bed, a sofa, and a large veranda. A lovely room, with a large beautiful bathroom (single, not divided like the others) with lots of grab bars and a roll-in shower. My electric scooter takes up more room than a regular wheelchair. Even though the room was much larger than a non-accessible room of the same category (Category 5), it was somewhat of a tight fit with the scooter. A lot of the extra floor space was contained in a very large walk-in closet, which had attractive wooden, louvered sliding doors which didn?t open enough to use any of that space for the scooter. I wish I had requested that the closet doors be removed; then I could have parked the scooter in that otherwise wasted space. Next time I?ll do that.

Another disappointment with the room was that the 4th bed, instead of coming down from the ceiling like an upper bunk over the sofa, was a Murphy bed which came down perpendicular to the sofa. Thus, the 4th bed completely blocked the door to the lovely veranda! The only access to the veranda all night would have required crawling over a teenager. Since one of my very favorite activities on a ship is to go out to the veranda during the cool of the night, barefoot and in my nightgown, to listen to the water and smell the air and watch the stars, this was a major loss.

The king-sized bed was actually too low for me since I have trouble getting up. As soon as we saw the room, I asked the room steward (Tara) to have an extra mattress placed on top of the original one to build up the height. The extra mattress was placed onto the bed while we were at dinner. Problem solved!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter