• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unbelievable!

Sad, yes. Unbelievable, no. There are unfortunately many people out there who get five finger discounts. They are usually also the ones who complain when prices go up!

There were some of the same activity in Shutters when we cruised. A woman was "apprehended" with about 30 prints in her handbag. She was surprised and "offered" to pay, which they let her do (I guess to avoid a scene).

If she wasn't caught, she would have lifted a few hundred worth of merchandise!

I think that stealing would taint a lovely family cruise. Some people aren't happy unless something pure is befouled.

WOW, really sad that she stole the stuff and even SADDER that she thought it was something to BRAG about! :confused:

You know, it would never even enter my realm of consciousness to steal stuff like that.

It still amazes me how some people can flaunt their lack of morals. I still do it the old-fashioned way, I *BUY* what I want!!!

I had a hard enough time just packing the stuff Disney/AAA gave us. I wouldn't have thought to take anything else.

ohmigod.... some people were laughing and actually thought it was ok to steal? Think about it, that poor steward had to pay for missing stuff...and they think it's funny????

The OP was actually bragging she had stolen all that stuff, hmm, nice person, I think I'll invite her to dinner sometime!!! NOT!!!, hopefully she won't be on our cruise, she'd probably steal the plates from you as you're eating dinner!

Cruise Director Rick always says in his debarkation talk that the single most return items caught by customs is SALT & PEPPER shakers from the room service trays:confused: I am also a little confused by that thread and someone feel free to correct me, but aren't you supposed to be able to take the shampoos from the room ? I use them for showers here at work and at the fire station. Some of those people were "confessing" to "stealing" them? Is it stealing?

Steve

Well, her screen name may be "Cool Cruiser" but I don't think she's too cool. She even has her picture beside her post! You're right to title this post UNBELIEVABLE!

The shampoos and such are samples...they are for your use. I was on the Jan 12 '03 Wonder and our cabin steward gave us extras to take home.

I was upset by that thread. That OP should come over and read Andy's thread about Nate Page..maybe a little humility would do her good. Oh did you notice she has her picture in her post?? No shame at all!! Good Lord! If I was her mother...oh never mind.

Some people......

As for Shutters, I would have to say that it would be easy for someone who is less than honest to try and walk off with unpurchased merchandise.

We just returned from the 8/16 Western and last night in Shutters was an absolute ZOO.

Many people waited until last night to look at their pictures from the ENTIRE trip (which can be many)and the place was mobbed.

I was only there to pick up some reprints, but there were wall to wall people and only 3 DIS staff available.

Tempting opportunities for the less than honest.

That's one thing I did right. I checked for our pictures every day. But this year, I'm getting the package. This is going to be a real once in a lifetime cruise and I want all the professional pictures I can get!!..I am sooooo excited!!

Ursula

I hope she is just a "troll" trying to stir things up. If not, I hope that she doesn't breed!

Wait a minute...maybe I have the wrong idea. After all, in 33 cruises, I should have been able to pretty much furnish most of the rooms in my house right now.

Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Hi,

We checked our pictures daily too. The Dis staff were very good about mixing and matching pictures within our package. I liked the picture quality so much we upgraded the package as we went through the week.

The Dis photo staff were even in the water at Castaway Cay taking pictures.

We had a great selection to choose from.

Who would you rather get a Souvenir from:

"Cool Cruiser" or "Verandah Man"?

She has her first name, last initial, her hometown and her photo on the post. Hope her employer sees it....no more wondering where all the office supplies are disappearing to.....:(

What an idiot! I could understand taking the shampoo, soap, shower caps, and the less expensive stuff disney replaces every cruise anyway...but TOWELS? BOWLS? BRAGGING ABOUT IT ALL! It's insane! I mean...really..I like what that one person said about how if every person on the ship took one wine glass the cruise line would have to pay over like 1,000 dollars each sailing!:eek: And it is so SAD that people think they can steal things when their hostess will now have to pay for those things! What idiotic people!

really...and you can't have the exuces 'Well, we paid enough to 'borrow' these' What freaking idiots! An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind!

Originally posted by MrsPete

Well, her screen name may be "Cool Cruiser" but I don't think she's too cool.
"Cool Cruiser" simply means she's a veteran on that board. It's cruisecritic.com's equivalent of "DIS Veteran" on this board.

I am always amazed!

I was in the Atlanta airpor the other day (at baggage claim) and noticed a whole family with the airline blankets and pillows. Now (A) WHY would you want them? They are small and not very comforatable and (B) Isn't it nice that Mom taught the kids to steal from Delta? (NOTE: This was not after the blackout or any weather that might have prompted Delta to give these things out. These people were on my flight from Nashville!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter