U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi. Your Bedspread's Ugly.

OMG, I have laughed out loud a couple times. People in the cubes next to me are looking at me funny and asking what I am laughing about. :lmao:

I MUCH prefer the white duvet look to the cheap comforter with designs. I wish all the resorts had the duvets. I am staying at POFQ in Sept 2011 and have heard rumors that they are refurbing soon. I am praying that they get duvets before I get there. That would be wonderful.

I take the old crunchy comforters off the bed when I get there.

Last year I did the Disney Approach to Leadership course and they took us to the laundry and talked about how they manage the linens. Disney like bedspreads cause they are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!! and easy to launder 100% unnatural fibres! (keep away from an open flame!).
Anyway - they told us that they had sooooooo many complaints about the bedspreads and guests were asking for duvets - but duvets are EXPENSIVE and hard to launder.
However - anyone who has done any travelling (esp. in business hotels) would have noticed this new trend - no sheets but a thin duvet inside a duvet cover bag that is made out of sheeting - so it is both CHEAP and EASY (to launder)
Suddenly - everyone is happy! So Disney was slowly shifting the Deluxe resorts over to them and the others when they do refurbs - and the pattern would be restricted to those stupid little foot decorator thingies.

hmm interesting and totally makes sense.

OMG, I have laughed out loud a couple times. People in the cubes next to me are looking at me funny and asking what I am laughing about. :lmao:

I MUCH prefer the white duvet look to the cheap comforter with designs. I wish all the resorts had the duvets. I am staying at POFQ in Sept 2011 and have heard rumors that they are refurbing soon. I am praying that they get duvets before I get there. That would be wonderful.

I take the old crunchy comforters off the bed when I get there.

hmm interesting and totally makes sense.

They just refurbed the Pop, but alas, they kept the bedspread concept and just bought more ugly spreads in a less eye popping design. Of course, that's value and they may never upgrade bedding at Value. I'm hoping that someday, Saratoga, my home resort will get the new bedding.:cloud9:

This thread has me laughing out loud! I will have to find some pics to contribute.
I don't base my sole hotel decision on bedspread or let it ruin my vacation, but feeling like a room is up-to-date and well-appointed should be expected at the Disney prices.

They just refurbed the Pop, but alas, they kept the bedspread concept and just bought more ugly spreads in a less eye popping design. Of course, that's value and they may never upgrade bedding at Value. I'm hoping that someday, Saratoga, my home resort will get the new bedding.:cloud9:
Completely agree. Less garish and yet, uglier.

I agree with a PP that a lot of the DVC resorts have ugly cheap bedspreads. The combo of the shabby, dated couch and hideous bedspread at BCV deterred us from buying there. We are AKV owners, and I agree that we have crazy bedspreads, but they don't bug me as much - maybe because the other furnishings are nice.

Also, I've visited family staying in the newly rehabbed YC rooms! They truly felt like a deluxe should.

I love this thread. all the "show us your best pics" and this is "show the worst bed" LOL

:lmao: OP, I'm sooo like you!! I definitely go through room pictures to help determine whether or not I stay there. Even though I don't really use the comforter, its still like ummm really, you couldn't update just a bit? I have yet to stay at CBR but I've seen pics ( non refurbished rooms) and lets just say that I'd rather not stay in a room that a flamingo exploded in.

room%20photo.jpg

Actually, I don't even really like the Nemo theme bedspread.

CarBeach1001.jpg

To each his own taste, but I think both bedspreads are cheery and go with the resort theme - IMHO :)

Wow, some of those patterns would keep me from relaxing and falling asleep! The comforters can get so itchy too.

My daughter found this thread and was reading it out loud to me. :rotfl:
Quite amusing as I too hate those polyester nylon bedspreads. They never stay on the bed anyway as they have that awful slick feel to them that resists staying in place except when perfectly positioned so that each rounded corner touches the carpet just so.:upsidedow
I guess we are in for a treat at ASMo! That was sarcasm btw.:banana:
diane

To each his own taste, but I think both bedspreads are cheery and go with the resort theme - IMHO :)

I agree. While I don't want these bedspreads in my home, I am happy with most of them in a themed resort. I stayed at CBR in Oct. and liked the Nemo themed room that I was in.

js

I am booked to go to OKW this year though and if the exterior didn't look as good then I would go elsewhere as true enough those bedspreads are awful:sick:[/QUOTE said:
The size of the rooms will more then make up for it.

While I haven't read this whole thread, I definitely felt like I found a support group when I found this thread! I have to say, Grand Floridian has the most hideous bedspreads and room decor of any resort on property. For being the most expensive resort, you'd think they can spring for some more modern decor. I have crossed POFQ, POR, GF, SSR, OKW, and YC off our list of our list of potentials because the rooms are :eek:

:rotfl2: I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread!

I have to admit that the choice of bedspread played a big part in my decision of which resort I wanted to stay at for our next trip. Some might think that a little extreme, but it's our wedding trip. That means I'm paying for our photographers to take some photos of me getting ready on the morning of the wedding.

If I ever want to be able to look at those photos without cringing I had to make sure the beds have bedspreads that aren't too hideous! :lmao: So we're staying at SSR for the bulk of our trip and have booked a room at CR during the wedding! :thumbsup2

I don't understand how such beautiful resorts can have such ugly spreads!! I take them off when we get there and if we drive, I bring ours from home!!! This is a great, fun thread!!

Melissa

This is a great thread.....definitely helps with where not to stay. The posts that are cracking me up are the ones complaining if a room (at merely 1 or 2 hotels) are kid oriented......um hello you are at Disney. That was kind of Walt's point! Stay at a different hotel if you don't want it kid oriented the giant characters kind of give away what it will be like. My kids ADORED the rooms at All STar Movies and Pop because of the theming! They felt like they were at disney....now we go to Alligator Bayou at POR and they feel like we are in a cabin in the woods.

While I haven't read this whole thread, I definitely felt like I found a support group when I found this thread! I have to say, Grand Floridian has the most hideous bedspreads and room decor of any resort on property. For being the most expensive resort, you'd think they can spring for some more modern decor. I have crossed POFQ, POR, GF, SSR, OKW, and YC off our list of our list of potentials because the rooms are :eek:

I think that the Grand Floridian was designed that way. Depending on when you were last there, renovations could have been done since. I personally love the decor and its vintage look!

Tooo funny! The bedspread at POR in 2004 was why we didn't stay there, lol. Not my pic, but:

ORL_DPOR-rooms-1.jpg

The newer ones are worse, and make me like the old ones a little more.
158241808_bfb604b7bd.jpg

I think that the Grand Floridian was designed that way. Depending on when you were last there, renovations could have been done since. I personally love the decor and its vintage look!

My list has since been revised and we are staying at the Grand next month and looking into buying into OKW. :rotfl: I'm a fickle gal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter