Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Ok, sorry for the probably dumb question, but I am brand new to owning DVC. If I purchase these discounted platinum plus tickets, I can just hold them and not use/activate them at all until I am ready, as long as it is before 31 December 2018? Then I have 365 days to still use them?

Ok, sorry for the probably dumb question, but I am brand new to owning DVC. If I purchase these discounted platinum plus tickets, I can just hold them and not use/activate them at all until I am ready, as long as it is before 31 December 2018? Then I have 365 days to still use them?
Yes.

FYI: This offer is only available if you've purchased direct from DVC or resale prior to 4/4/2016.

Technically, it's 366 days since your AP is still good for admission on its expiration date. But you got everything else right.

So having purchased directly from DVC last month, I am not eligible? That stinks.
No. If you purchased direct, you're fine. It's only resale contracts that were purchased after 4/3/16 that would not be eligible.

My daughter already has renewal vouchers for the 13 month deal she bought in march, but will be activating them next week. Will she be upgraded to the plus ticket then? Or will she have to use the activated ticket to enter the park and have to return to guest services to upgrade....sounds crazy.

My daughter already has renewal vouchers for the 13 month deal she bought in march, but will be activating them next week. Will she be upgraded to the plus ticket then? Or will she have to use the activated ticket to enter the park and have to return to guest services to upgrade....sounds crazy.

That seems to be the question of the day as a few of us are in the same boat. Please report back if she was able to just outright upgrade and keep the 13months or if she had to activate/use/go back to upgrade to keep the 13 months.

That seems to be the question of the day as a few of us are in the same boat. Please report back if she was able to just outright upgrade and keep the 13months or if she had to activate/use/go back to upgrade to keep the 13 months.

Yes, we also have this exact situation!
Purchased Gold APs with DVC discount in the winter when they were offering the 13 months. We arrive next week to activate these Gold APs and our next trip is planned for late July 2018. So, we need the 13 months. I'm interested to read anyone's experiences with activating Gold APs with the 13 month promo to see if they can exchange directly for the Platinum Plus APs and retain the 13 months. If that's not possible, I wonder if we could activate the Gold APs outside the park, then enter the park and go directly to the GR desk inside the park to upgrade them. It seems that once the Gold APs are activated with their 13 month expiration date, they can then be exchanged for the Platinum Plus and retain the same 13 month expiration date. But it seems like there could/should be some way those two steps could be completed by the same Guest Relations agent, no?
Looking forward to any comments!!

I just bought gold passes for two of us yesterday,

So. I called regular WDW ticketing and explained my situation. They transferred me to someone who handles ticketing issues and she upgraded - by phone - my 4 day tix to the DVC 7 day special. And while she was at it, she'd by more than happy to upgrade the gold passes to the platinum plus passes while she was in my account, if I'd like her to do so.
So I thought we were in a similar situation but it appears while you "bought" your gold pass, you have not activated it yet and thus you still have a voucher.
I just bridged my and my daughter's UT 7 day hopper to Gold Passes on 6/27. I am back home now from my trip. Can I call DVC and upgrade or do I need to be in the parks?
In my case, I also called through to Ticketing Guest Relations and since my ticket has been used there is nothing they can do over the phone. I need to upgrade at the parks. Unfortunately, I arrive for my next trip on Jan 4 for the Marathon and the promotion ends on Jan 3. The guy in guest services opened a file on my account noting that I called so that when I go to Guest Services in the parks on Jan 4, they "SHOULD" honor the upgrade. We will see...

Well I will certainly post back, but hopefully someone will find out soon. Our family has almost every scenario. We have activate 13 month gold tickets, some with the 13 month renewal vouchers, and one with a new gold ap purchase voucher we were going to activate in feb 2018

If you have reg park hoppers and want to apply the bridge to the Plat Pass special would that mean your AP would start when you do the bridge?

If you have reg park hoppers and want to apply the bridge to the Plat Pass special would that mean your AP would start when you do the bridge?
If the tickets are unused, the expiration date will be one year from the transaction date.

If the tickets are partially used, the expiration date will be one year from the date the ticket was first used. Also, partially used tickets must be upgraded within 14 days of first use. If all park days are used, the upgrade must be done before close of business on the day you used the last entitlement.

Also, the setting the expiration date for upgrades is a manual process and sometimes mistakes happen. Sometimes in your favor, other times not.

If the tickets are unused, the expiration date will be one year from the transaction date.

If the tickets are partially used, the expiration date will be one year from the date the ticket was first used. Also, partially used tickets must be upgraded within 14 days of first use. If all park days are used, the upgrade must be done before close of business on the day you used the last entitlement.

Also, the setting the expiration date for upgrades is a manual process and sometimes mistakes happen. Sometimes in your favor, other times not.
We are coming for Xmas this year so was planning to wait until our last day to upgrade to this pass. If they do apply our 7 day hoppers then it makes total sense to get the AP was just trying to see if it would get us back to Disney for Xmas next year since it's only 12 mos.

We are in this situation that we bought 7 day park hoppers from UT already. I'd like to upgrade to the annual pass now with this deal. I did this a couple years ago, and I remember for some reason we were told to use the tickets once before we upgraded, but I can't remember why we would need to do that. I was thinking we had to do that. Can we just upgrade as soon as we arrive before going to a park?

My AP expires in Jan, I just got off the phone with a CM and I was advised the following: I can upgrade for free at guest relations and if I renew before Jan 3 my renewal price will only be $475 plus tax. That's an awesome price for a Platinum Plus AP.

My kids will love the water parks in Aug. :love:

Thanks for asking the question! I have a 13 month gold that I will use on my Nov trip. Looks like I can upgrade it for free and then renew it when it expires in early December and the renewal will take me through most of 2018.

We are in this situation that we bought 7 day park hoppers from UT already. I'd like to upgrade to the annual pass now with this deal. I did this a couple years ago, and I remember for some reason we were told to use the tickets once before we upgraded, but I can't remember why we would need to do that. I was thinking we had to do that. Can we just upgrade as soon as we arrive before going to a park?
Yes, you can upgrade without using the tickets first. If the CM does their job correctly, you will receive the proper amount as a credit towards the transaction.

Although it used to be recommended that you used the ticket first, it was never a requirement by Disney. This has been confirmed by a ticketing CM that checked with a couple of long time managers.

If the UT tickets were issued by Disney prior to 2/12/2017, the amount they will credit you will be based on gate prices as of 2/11/2017.
If the UT tickets were issued by Disney on or after 2/12/2017, the amount they will credit you will be based on current gate prices.

Yes, you can upgrade without using the tickets first. If the CM does their job correctly, you will receive the proper amount as a credit towards the transaction.

If the UT tickets were issued by Disney prior to 2/12/2017, the amount they will credit you will be based on gate prices as of 2/11/2017.
If the UT tickets were issued by Disney on or after 2/12/2017, the amount they will credit you will be based on current gate prices.

Thank you! They were purchased in December 2016. They cost $419. So I'm not sure what the gate price was, but I don't think I'd lose value.

Does this effect our fast passes. I have the tickets assigned already in MDE and fast passes would be attached to the 7 day tickets wouldn't they? I just don't want to mess anything up!

Thank you! They were purchased in December 2016. They cost $419. So I'm not sure what the gate price was, but I don't think I'd lose value.

The link below has the gate prices that would have been in effect up through 2/11/2017.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160715112900/http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Does this effect our fast passes. I have the tickets assigned already in MDE and fast passes would be attached to the 7 day tickets wouldn't they? I just don't want to mess anything up!
Ticket upgrades will not affect FP+ selections.

The link below has the gate prices that would have been in effect up through 2/11/2017.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160715112900/http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm

Ticket upgrades will not affect FP+ selections.

I have the same 7-day UT PH tickets (without expiration), so if I calculate correctly and all goes as planned, I should be able to upgrade that ticket to the PP annual pass for about $128 a piece. Is that correct? I was planning to upgrade to a Gold AP, but of course this would be better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter