Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

I feel like so many people here on the disboards- I'm away for awhile and look what I miss - Gina and Steve are moving to the USA!!!!!!!:flower:Our loss is their gain:flower1:

Congrats on the job for Steve
The new kittens are so adorable
Have a wonderful time in Orlando
Looking forward to your trip report when you get back
I will have to go back to your pre trip report to catch up:yay:

Take care and enjoy your trip :flower:

Jump00

Happy Sunday everyone, just checking in to say hello. After a hot and sunny morning, we are getting a little rain shower here so we're just chilling for an hour at the resort before we get into our costumes. It's our first MNSSHP night and we are super excited! (though hoping that the weather doesn't dampen our enjoyment of the night....fingers crossed that the showers give way to some sunshiny skies for 4 pm) .

We had a blast yesterday at SeaWorld. The Dolphin Encounter was 100% worth the money and one of our favourite parts of the day:

14563483_10155095141431416_2003908277282235200_n.jpg

We also found our new favourite snack..........SeaWorld's version of a Dole Whip, but with the option for a much more impressive presentation:

14695368_10155095142356416_24255613397353780_n.jpg

Yes, that's a Dole Whip served in a pineapple......and it tasted just as good as it looked!

SeaWorld was very busy with all the guests who had come to enjoy the Spooktacular events, but even with the crowds it was super fun to see all the Halloween decor and see SeaWorld's unique take on the season. The kids in their costumes were adorable and the staff working this event (especially those in the sea-inspired Spooktacular costumes) were having a ton of fun.

Last night, after we were done at the park, we enjoyed an INCREDIBLE meal at Longhorns (Steve has found his new favourite place for steak in Florida). Not only was the food amazing but our server was spectacular. As we walked back to the resort from dinner, the "hot donuts now" sign was on at Krispy Kreme, so we topped off the night with a half dozen fresh donuts :love: and a nice soak in one of the resort hot tubs. You can't ask for a nicer ending than that.

This morning, we took a quick tour of a portion of Disney Springs (heading there specifically to swap out our paper tickets to the plastic ones for the party so we can use them for our Fastpasses) and WOW, what a change from our last visit! They have done a beautiful job in the conversion and we both agreed we would like to head back there again before our trip is over so we can explore all the other parts we didn't get a chance to see this morning.

After lunch at Cici's pizza, that brings us to right now: and its almost party prep time! (Steve is walking around in his peg leg and pirate socks as we speak pirate:) Tonight is also our first time at the Hallowishes Dessert Party, so we are looking forward to enjoying that experience as well. We're always up for something new :).

I will try and drop back in and give you a quick party update sometime tomorrow. We plan to sleep in after our late night, then ride the Orlando Eye sometime before our reservation at Pirates Dinner Adventure.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :goodvibes

You get your pre check number the next day in line

You were right! Though they didn't tell me this morning at my appointment I would be able to get my number online, I just checked and it's already there, less than 5 hours after I left their office :) They just told me that I would get my card in 7 to 10 business days.

I did make the US border guy smile but the Canadian lady wasn't phased when she asked if I had ever been fingerprinted before and I thought about it and said no, just my thumb at Disney with my ticket :) Guess she's never been.

I am so happy to read that is sounds like you are having a great time! I was hoping you could shake off the worries of the unknown for a little bit at least! I hope Steve loved Mako! It is one of our favorite coasters now.

Wahoo, looks like nice enough weather with the dolphin. Hope rain did not ruin your party. Matthew ruined mine. Could not reschedule, so no party for me this year. Sad, but at least I got my money back. Hope the rest of your vacation is as fun as the start. Ready for more timely posts. :D

You were right! Though they didn't tell me this morning at my appointment I would be able to get my number online, I just checked and it's already there, less than 5 hours after I left their office :) They just told me that I would get my card in 7 to 10 business days.

I did make the US border guy smile but the Canadian lady wasn't phased when she asked if I had ever been fingerprinted before and I thought about it and said no, just my thumb at Disney with my ticket :) Guess she's never been.
I had to call to get the numbers added to my plane ticket

I did buy them a couple of little things at Target yesterday (it is bad that the first souvenirs were bought for the cats? :rotfl:) so hopefully they'll forgive me quickly when we get home.

I hope Jake doesn't read this - he won't be a very happy camper!!! I'm sure he thinks that the first purchases of gifts should be for him!!! :):)

Glad you're having such a great time. When does the stuffy collection begin for this trip?

Have fun at the party! I really want to do the dolphin tour (it sounds awesome!)

It's short and sweet, but so much fun (AND we got some great photos.....all free with our Photokey AP).

And at only $13.50 per person with the pass member discount, it was super affordable too!

Just curious as to which state that's illegal?

Hopefully not Florida :rotfl:.

I am so happy to read that is sounds like you are having a great time! I was hoping you could shake off the worries of the unknown for a little bit at least! I hope Steve loved Mako! It is one of our favorite coasters now.
Steve loved, loved, LOVED Mako!! :banana: He's still raving about it 3 days later!

Wahoo, looks like nice enough weather with the dolphin. Hope rain did not ruin your party. Matthew ruined mine. Could not reschedule, so no party for me this year. Sad, but at least I got my money back. Hope the rest of your vacation is as fun as the start. Ready for more timely posts. :D

Aw, I am so sorry that you couldn't reschedule your Halloween party :sad1:. We thought of you many times as we heard Matthew was roaring closer. You'll just have to start planning another trip for next October and work in TWO parties to make up for missing this year :idea:.

Hope you had fun at the party!

I'm loving these on-the-go updates! :)

The Halloween party was AWESOME! pirate: We had a ball and didn't leave until the park closed at midnight. I can't wait to do it all again on Sunday night!

I hope Jake doesn't read this - he won't be a very happy camper!!! I'm sure he thinks that the first purchases of gifts should be for him!!! :):)

Glad you're having such a great time. When does the stuffy collection begin for this trip?

Fear not, we bought the boy a pair of fancy-schmancy shoes at the Nike Clearance Store yesterday. They retail for $300 Canadian back home and we scooped them for $70. And we bought a trio of candy corn mice for the furbabies yesterday too: one for Violet, one for Dash, and we'll give the third to Jake's little Moo:

14713785_10155101513956416_8314256944921597031_n.jpg

I have forbidden Steve to win any stuffies on this vacation......as it is, we will probably be donating most of my minion collection to the Firefighters Toy Drive knowing that we'll most likely have no room for them in our condo when we move to Michigan :sad:. Hopefully my loss, though, will bring some much-deserved smiles on Christmas morning to some kids who need them much more than I do. I will keep some of the smaller ones, but the biggies will likely be handed over to Santa and find new homes for the holidays.

One quick update before we dash for the day......

The Halloween party was AMAZING! The Hallowishes Dessert Party was lovely (awesome parade and fireworks views, great desserts) though we likely wouldn't do it again. It just sucked up too much party time (pretty much 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm), especially for anyone doing just one party over the course of their trip. We did enjoy it very much, though, and were glad we had that experience at least once. Definitely some good memories made! And the desserts......ohhhhhhhh so good :love::

14720545_10155100302961416_6021729464668304286_n.jpg

Yesterday was a recuperation day, after our busy party night the evening prior. We rode the Eye around noon:

14690872_10155102435191416_1646348450531040837_n.jpg

....had lunch at Olive Garden, did some shopping at the Nike Clearance Store and Target, and then enjoyed Pirates Dinner Adventure (the special Vampirates show, hosted during the month of October in celebration of Halloween) last night:

14713771_10155102435166416_5921977874105715933_n.jpg

Getting the chance to meet all the actors after the show was awesome!

Today we're off to Sea Life Aquarium and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in the morning, then its Capone's Dinner Theater tonight.

So far, the weather has been nothing short of superb :sunny:......hopefully Mother Nature continues to shine on us. Steve's brother, sister-in-law, and their three kids arrive tonight, so we'll have some tag-alongs for the next week of our vacation.

I will try and check in again soon!

Aww, that stinks about the Minions! But being able to help others is always a good thing :)

Have fun at Capone's!! I can't wait to hear what you thought of it

I love your trip reports but I think this is the first one I'm getting in on before the whole thing is written!!! We will be there at the same time as you guys on this trip but only for a few days! We get there on sunday the 23rd amd will be there thru the 30th!! We are owners at Vistana as well, so maybe we will see ya around! This trip for us is all about the sea world parks, sea world, discovery cove, busch gardens, aquatica!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter