Tuesday Mornings Riddle

Mnementh said:
What other direction would PA be? The South? The West? :confused: :laughing:

The issue is not about PA. The issue is about Pittsburgh which I contend is the Great Lakes region not the northeast. And you really don't want to go against me on this one. You may need me someday.

Loubon said:
The issue is not about PA. The issue is about Pittsburgh which I contend is the Great Lakes region not the northeast. And you really don't want to go against me on this one. You may need me someday.

what the hell for????????????? LOL!

and it's NOT a Great LAKE...Im two hours away from a great Lake you moron!!!!!! I live in PA...that's a NORTHEAST STATE...... :rotfl2:

Loubon said:
First of all it was directed at Angel who actually does live in the northeast part of PA. Second I refrained from the whole pigs with sweaters argument but now I may as well weigh in. I never heard of anything having to do with pigs and cabbage in the same sentence. However......in all fairness to my friends from Pennsyltucky, I googled it when I was trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about. To this NYC kid (as in the heart of the northeast) pigs in a blanket are mini hot dogs in crescent rolls. But the whole cabbage thing came up from Google so I guess somewhere on this planet that makes it relevant. Just not in the real northeast.
Yeah, I just found a wikipedia article on it (wikipedia has everything, doesn't it?) and this is from the "History" section of the article:

Pigs in a Blanket was originally pork and rice inside cooked cabbage leaves, a German meal called "Schweine in einer Decke." Cooks in the British Isles adapted the idea, using a form of processed meat called a chipolata sausage (a sort of 17th Century hot dog) to make a dish which was essentially a sausage wrapped first in a piece of bacon, and then in pastry dough, and baked.

The article goes on to talk about the other variations (UK and USA) that were mentioned before.

EDIT: :rotfl: at the mini-argument that broke out while I was typing this.

firstmickey said:

I was talking to him not you. He may need me when you women start your uprising.

firstmickey said:
and it's NOT a Great LAKE...Im two hours away from a great Lake you moron!!!!!! I live in PA...that's a NORTHEAST STATE...... :rotfl2:

Which is 5 hours closer than you are to the Atlantic Ocean.

Loubon said:
I was talking to him not you. He may need me when you women start your uprising.
Yeah, some days, the estrogen is just overpowering on this thread.

Mnementh said:
Yeah, some days, the estrogen is just overpowering on this thread.

Listen bratty dragon boy..you started this and you better remember who you have to be nice to here! ;) :teeth:

firstmickey said:
Listen bratty dragon boy..you started this and you better remember who you have to be nice to here! ;) :teeth:
Is he old enough to know about estrogen? :confused3 ;)

You'd be surprised how much useless information I have stored away :p

Loubon said:
Probably not. :rotfl: :rotfl:
I can't think of anything witty to say to that.

But what else is new? :confused3

(I just want to see a Tooty Hooty, but I'll probably be in bed when it happens anyway)

Mnementh said:
I've never seen the sausage wrapped in pancakes version before, though, that Duck mentioned.
You should go to an IHOP. I looked and they seem to have them all over the country. I can at least understand the wikipedia quote you got where you mentioned pork rolled in cabbage, but this beef nonsense you people are talking about sounds like cows in a blanket to me. Now I never went to cooking school, and don't claim to be an expert, but I do believe I read somewhere that pork and sausage come from pigs, and beef doesn't.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
I read somewhere that pork and sausage come from pigs, and beef doesn't.
Pork, yeah, but not all sausage comes from pigs. Yeah, I was a little confused about beef being called pigs, but I just took it for what it was worth and ate it anyway :confused3

And I guess I should eat at IHOP more often, but I don't eat a lot of breakfasty type foods.

Mnementh said:
Pork, yeah, but not all sausage comes from pigs. Yeah, I was a little confused about beef being called pigs, but I just took it for what it was worth and ate it anyway :confused3
Well for the most part the breakfast places call it pork sausage, so I'm going to go out on a limb with where that comes from...as for some of the other sausages I think the code is somewhere in the long foreign names for some of them. I'm not 100% sure, but the best I can figure is wurst is German for ground animal heinie.

OK, I'm sorry to do this to you all... but here is a picture of PROPER UK pigs in blankets...

Pigs-in-blankets.jpg

Can't believe we're STILL talking about this - lol :rotfl2:

firstmickey said:

:lmao: :rotfl: Sorry Lou, that just got me. Yes Bratboy I hail from the shores of NEPA! :thumbsup2

L107ANGEL said:
:lmao: :rotfl: Sorry Lou, that just got me. Yes Bratboy I hail from the shores of NEPA! :thumbsup2

Yeah I don't know why she called me a Mormon. We were talking about the Great Lakes not Salt Lake and there is no reason to drag religion into it. (She obviously has issues with Geography. Oh wait.....who am I talking to.....)

Loubon said:
Yeah I don't know why she called me a Mormon. We were talking about the Great Lakes not Salt Lake and there is no reason to drag religion into it. (She obviously has issues with Geography. Oh wait.....who am I talking to.....)

Angel....you see what I have to deal with here? Do you see? and people wonder why I'm :crazy: :crazy: :rotfl:

let's try LOU-ser....dork....doofus! do those work better for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter