TSA pre check sign up

Once I got my KTN I added it to every airline website profile I ever use. Then when printing your boarding pass, you can see if the pre-check indicator is there before ever leaving for the airport. Also gives you time at home to correct anything that might have been caused by 'user error'.
That is what happened to my brother and his family.

We were doing a big family trip and I told them the day before to check in and print out their boarding passes. On the way to the airport they went to check in via the app. There are 5 of them and for some reason they had booked my brother and 2 youngest kids on one reservation and my SIL and the oldest kid on the other. My SIL had Pre-CK on her and her sons boarding passes but my brother did not. In the end they realized that they had entered my SIL's KTN for my brother. Luckily they had his KTN written down and the airline ticket agent was able to swap KTN's and print new boarding passes.

Needless to say it was very stressful at the airport as the regular line was very long. If they had done it the day before it wouldn't have been as stressful for them.

OP, you may or may not get your KTN in time for your April trip, but it's worth getting anyway if you plan to fly even a few times in the next 5 years.

TSA Pre is especially handy at MCO, where the regular lines are hugely long. The TSA Pre line can seem a bit long, but it moves super quickly. There were maybe 20 people in front of me at TSA Pre 2 days ago and the entire process--waiting in line, checking in with the agent, and scanning me and my bags--took 9 minutes total. Not too bad.

Thanks everyone! We have appointments Tuesday at 11:40! Too bad we have to drive an hour away (the one 10 minutes away didn’t have any appointments for 2 weeks!) I’ll update this whenever we do get out numbers and see how long it takes.

It really depends. Originally, we signed up and got an interview date 2 weeks later. We got our KTN 2 days after the interview. Our daughter and SIL did the same and took them longer.

We did ours last month. Made an appointment, on a Saturday. DH got his in less than 3 days. Mine took 3.5 weeks. Figured that mine was more difficult due to name changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter