trouble with editing posts

GoldenOldie

DIS Veteran
I have noticed lately that sometimes (not everytime) when I attempt to edit one of my posts that the edit screen comes up with only the smilies chart showing in the message area. The original text isn't in there to edit which means I can't edit the post. Is there a cure for this?

Do you know which board you had the "edit problem" on GoldenOldie? It seems to be something in the .html code on specific boards, if we know which ones are "bad", Pete might be able to go in and "fix" it.

I have been having the same problem on the cruise forum.

This board I can edit fine on but still not on the cruise forum.:(

The most recent one I noticed was on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies board. See this thread as it was the one that stuck in my mind as the one I couldn't (and still can't) edit.

Am I correct in assuming that you are using Netscape as your browser GoldenOldie?

I linked to the post in question using Netscape first, and had the same problem you described. But using Internet Explorer 5, the text does come up and is able to be edited.

I'll send Pete a link to this thread, and we'll see if he can modify the code for the "edit screen" on the Theme Parks and the Cruise boards.

I also use Netscape and haven't been able to edit on the Disney Resorts board either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter