Tron to Begin Soft Openings via VQ from Mar 20 - April 2, 2023*

scrappinginontario

Additional details here.

Access to the attraction will be via Virtual Queue.

VQ Drops will be at:
  • 7:00AM from anywhere. Guest must hold a MK park reservation for that day
  • 1:00PM for those who have tapped in to MK that day
Individual Lightning Lane (ILL$) will also be available to purchase:
  • 7:00AM for guests staying onsite
  • Park opening (if still available) for offsite guests.
This post will be updated with cost of ILL$ once it is known.

Note: At this time Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will also be an ILL$ so MK will have 2 ILL$ available to purchase.

As with other VQ attractions, it is anticipated a guest will be able to get a VQ and ILL$ on the same day.

Extra Evening Hours (for Deluxe Resort guests) availability for TRON is being announced to begin April 5, 2023. A 6PM drop will be available for EEH guests starting April 5.

*UPDATE: Numerous sources are now saying the soft opening will end April 2, 2023. Title updated.

Operating Hours During Soft Opening:
Mon, Mar 20: 9AM - 6PM
as of Wed, Mar 22: 9AM - 7:30PM
as of Thurs, Mar 23: 9AM -8:00PM
as of Tues, Mar 28: 9AM - 6:30PM
as of Wed, Mar 29: 9AM - 9PM
as of Thurs, Mar 30: 9AM - 6PM

NOTE: VQ return times for TRON ARE being monitored. Arriving late will mean being unable to ride.

Last edited:
I really believed this would happen. Never made sense the ride would go dark for two weeks. We arrive Monday - can't wait. I just moved a couple of park reservations to MK so I have extra days to try for it.

Now - the big question - will Tron be open during DAH? We'll be there Monday night, so we'll find out. (I know the announcement addressed extended hours, but I've not seen a reference to DAH. My guess is it won't be, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.)

I thought this would happen given the gap of NOTHINGNESS between now and opening day! YAY!

Do we think they will do the 6pm extended hours VQ too? I sure hope so. EDIT: It appears that is NOT the case until after the attraction officially opens.

Last edited:
wdwmagic says individual LL will also be available. can anyone confirm? i'd rather start my day somewhere else and hit magic at night. we're only there 1 day this trip

Dreams do come true, as they say. I will have one chance to try this next week on my only MK park day. I assume park-hopping folks have a strictly on-paper chance at 2:00pm although that's certainly going to be hopeless. Also, with respect to ILL$, that follows the 7:00am rule for on-site guests only, meaning that other guests probably will have zero chance at that?

Last edited:
Dreams do come true, as they say. I will have one chance to try this next week on my only MK park day. I assume park-hopping folks have a strictly on-paper chance at 2:00pm although that's certainly going to be hopeless. Also, with respect to ILL$, that follows the 7:00am rule for on-site guests only, meaning that other guests probably will have zero chance at that?
That is the assumption. That is will work as VQs and purchased ILL$ currently do meaning ILL$ purchases will be open to onsite guests at 7AM and to offsite guests (if available) when the park opens.

Sweeeeet!! Our trip ends April 3, so this made my day. We arrive in 7 days and I just switched our park reservations so we have 4 MK days.This better work, Disney!

I'm having a brain fart. Can I get both a VG and the ILL$?

If anyone gets to ride early with a smaller than average for their age sized child, please report back as to how they enjoyed the ride. My youngest is 8 yrs old, 52" but only 54 lbs. I'm worried he won't feel secure. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter