• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

tripadvisor and worry

DNSDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Got "rehitched" at the Garden G
There are some really awful reviews of RPR on tripadvisor. Talking about holes in walls, missing tiles, paint in hallways coming off, rude service people, nasty towels left in room on arrival and mean dogs barking at kids etc.

This is making me worry a bit, more so cause it isn't one or two reviews but more than a few. Are there really holes in walls and all the rest there? I don't want to pay even the discounted rate i received for that, fotl or no fotl pass!

PLEASE someone reasure me that this isn't the case at RPR!!

Thanks,
Sharon:confused:

I have stayed at RPR twice, mostly recently in February. I have not experienced any of these things (and I am very fussy about hotels). I found the employees to be very friendly and eager to please. The rooms are not huge, but I thought they were well maintained. You may find a stain on the carpeting or a mark on the wall, but that is true at almost any hotel. Our room was clean and the resort is lovely. Didn't encounter any dogs. You may occassionally see a dog in the lobby, but really no big deal. The pool area is beautiful, the restaurants are great (especially Tchoup Chop) and we love it there. FOTL is the best and it is a short walk from RPR to Citywalk and the parks - or you can take the water taxi.

I wouldn't let the tripadvisor reviews worry you. It will be fine!

Have fun.

I have stayed at RPR 3 times...August 2003, Jan. 2004 and March 2004. I have seen a few dogs on each visit but they were on leashes walking down the hall with their owner. I never heard a dog bark. The three rooms we stayed in were clean and the hotel grounds were beautifully maintained. I never had any problem with housekeeping. We have always been treated like VIPs during our stays. The housekeeping employees, bellmen, and pool employees always speak and wish us a good time or ask if we are enjoying our stay. When calling Star Service or room service, I have always been adressed by name and my questions and requests have been answered and fulfilled. Don't let the reviews scare you. It is a wonderful resort.

Well, I'm sort of mixed on RPR. When we stayed there the grounds were beautiful, the location was great & the check-in staff was very nice. But our room needed some help. It was quite worn.

But alot of the mess in the room could have easily been fixed by housekeeping if they cleaned a bit better. There was some white stuff all over the red wall in the bathroom sink area (approx. the whole wall). I waited 2 days to see if housekeeping would clean it, but they didn't. So, I cleaned it off myself. I had to ask for soap in the room when we first arrived (they didn't leave any), and she didn't seem to vacuum everyday. It didn't ruin my trip though.

Also, concierge was less than helpful. I did email the manager when I returned about this and a few other things that occured during our trip and never got a response.

Although there were a few mishaps, I still enjoyed the hotel & we had a great trip. I would try it for yourself and least once.

We just returned from RPR in March after a 2 week stay in a std room and it was great the staff where excellent at all levels no complaints at all in fact we where back in UK 48 hrs and booked up to go again next January and we wouldn't budge on our hotel choice it had to be RPR AS FOR TRIP ADVISOR their reviews may not be the best source check out the trip report section and the reviews section here:jester:

I have found trip advisor to be heavy in general on bad reviews on hotels I have been very happy with. Some of the stuff written makes you wonder whether you stayed at the same hotel. I tend to think a lot of people post only when they had a negative experience. I have also heard rumours that maybe some posts there are not even real. Who knows? I think you get a better representation here on these boards by far.

We stayed at RPR in February after checking out early from the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney. Let me tell you...it was night and day.
We had stayed at the Polynesian for 4 nights earlier in the week, so we were spoiled. The Holiday Inn was a DUMP! I got a rate of $151.00 for the remainder of our trip at RPR and moved over there. Oh what a FABULOUS place! We are already planning another trip for a week THERE for next February! Everyone was so so nice. The room wasn't the Polynesian, but it was a palace compared to the dump we left behind at Downtown Disney.
I would go back in a heartbeat.
I find that tripadvisor.com has LOTS of negative replies. I, myself, left one for that Holiday Inn. I should add my POSITIVE report for the RPR so that things balance out.
Have fun and good luck!

Erin
:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter