• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip to DIS and US/IOA

ksdave

DIS Veteran
I'm new to the website, so bear with me.
I've been traveling to FL on vacations since 1966. First trip, all we saw was Gatorland (yuck!). Since then, have made 18 trips to DIS and three to US. This last was a beauty. Had 17 of us, including friends, their kids, siblings, aunts, etc, go the end of May. Thought it would be a nightmare. Turned out great. Did first two days at US/IOA and next five at DIS, staying at All Star Sports. Only thing I would change: Would do at least three days ar US/IOA, four if I could stretch it. It seems to me that US has caught DIS in many areas, and passed them in several more. The parking garages are great (NO TRAMS!), the moving sidewalks are real nice (especially at the end of the day), and there are quite a few rides at US/IOA that are way better than the DIS equivalent. Like, try comparing MIB to Space Rangers Spin. No comparison! MIB is awesome. Also, even though it only has one big drop, I prefer Jarrasic Park to Splash Mtn anyday. And I absolutely love Citywalk. Emerils is amazing!
If anyone is planning a trip to both DIS and US, don't skimp on your time at US. It is really getting awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter