Trip report from SSR

djmeen

Mouseketeer
We just got back from 3rd trip home in 1 year since we've joined and it was great.

We had a 2 BR at SRR in the Carousel section. Now, we had requested something closer to the pool, but I must say that we enjoyed being at Carousel if for no other reason than the fact we were the second bus stop and always managed to get a seat (or standing spot) on buses that were fairly busy!

Here are some shots from the resort:

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

We took my parents this trip and I must compliment Disney transportation for being able to handle a scooter so well on their buses. We never had an issue getting my dad on and off the bus. Although he had trouble getting my smallest son off the scooter and me as well!

DSC00227.jpg

One thing I will say: IT WAS HOT! Really. Hot. So we just employed a go to the parks in the afternoon strategy after the rain storms.

DSC00682.jpg

During the day, we took full advantage of the resort pool and community hall. The main pool was busy, but it wasn't so crowded that we couldn't get a chair or have space to swim.

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

As for Community Hall, well we've got 2 boys (a 6yr old and 16 month old) and it was nice to spend some time in the community hall room playing ping pong with my older son and watching the little one color.

DSC00326.jpg

We spent more time at the resort than ever this trip and now we know, we could really spend more than a week here easy! So much to do at the resort itself that we need a couple of days just to hang out.

My mom commented over and over that (this being her first time with us) she thinks we made a really good decision with DVC and she was so happy for us. She loved being able to cook meals for the family and spend time with the kids. The 2 BR easily held us all with room to spare.

DSC00618.jpg

The more we visit, the more we love our little home at SSR. If you have any questions, we'd be happy to share what we know.

WOW... great report.... thanks for the pics. We have never been there other than to walk around (2 years ago)... I think we might have to look into this place.

Great report and lovely photo's.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing....your pics are great....

I'm lovin ssr more every day:goodvibes
Glad you had a great trip....and were able to bring your parent..
Kerri

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. We're hoping to stay at SSR in April, and I'm so excited to read all these fantastic reports!

Thanks so much for your trip report and pictures...the views look amazing! We will be going to SSR for the first time in a few weeks and I was really happy to hear that you stayed in the Carousel section and actually liked it.:) I have read so many people say they don't like that section that it was nice to hear that someone actually does.

Glad you and your family had such a wonderful time together.

Thank you for your trip report. Loooved your dad's tshirt and the look on your mom's face, she looked so happy.

:)

We must have been "neighbors" at SSR. We were there last week too (Grandstand) and LOVED it!! Could that resort be any more beautiful?? Your first picture is a true testimony. It was truly heart warming to see the pictures of your parents and the joy on their faces. What could be better than a gorgeous place to stay in WDW (the happiest place on earth :) ) sharing it with the ones you love?

Now, I want to go back!!

Thanks for sharing!

Ellen

what a great report.. thank you! The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking if and when I decide to go in on DVC, I want to have SSR be my home resort...

it's so beautiful and full of amenities...

lately when I'm working out on the treadmill.. I'll imagine myself jogging around SSR in the early morning quiet hours before anyone is up yet.. and it feels so perfect that it keeps me inspired to keep jogging!

thanks for the report and I'm glad you and your family had a lovely time!

p.s. that picture of the bride is amazing!

Thanks for sharing your pictures and report. You had a great view from the Carousel area. I always dread that I might be put in this section someday, but after seeing this pic, it wouldnt be soo bad.

The community hall is also a favorite pastime of ours at SSR. We love SSR for just hanging out, doing our own thing and we do visit the parks a few days out of a 2 week vacations :hippie:

Cant wait to go back in Dec

Thanks for sharing. Our first trip home is in 129 days and we will be at SSR for two weeks. We are big DTD fans so would love to be close to that walkway. What is the best building to request for that? We will be renting a car so buses aren't a concern.

Thanks for the great post - especially the pics. Whatever the resort, I love DVC pics and trips reports.

I was at WDW a few weeks ago. I didn't stay at SSR, but I passed through there twice, and it was looking good. The last time I had seen it was in February 2006. Since then, the landscpaing in most areas has grown in, and that has made all the difference. I knew even then that greenery would get rid of that suburban sprawl look, and I was right. It's fortunate that plants grow so quickly in Florida. Up in New Jersey where I live, it takes a good 10 years for the flora to make a dent in a newly developed area.

Great pics & report. By the way, can your mom go with me and cook for us too?:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your trip report and pictures...the views look amazing! We will be going to SSR for the first time in a few weeks and I was really happy to hear that you stayed in the Carousel section and actually liked it.:) I have read so many people say they don't like that section that it was nice to hear that someone actually does.

Glad you and your family had such a wonderful time together.

We were in the Carousel in Dec. and were very pleased with it. Honestly even in the 40 degree temps the walk to the pool and back were not bad. It is so pretty and peaceful at SSR. We love it.

We were just at SSR also, and in fact from your pictures it looks like the same building, in a 2 br villa just below yours on the ground floor (7111). When we checked-in and were told we were in the Carousel, we were disappointed. Turns out that it wasn't that bad and totally agree on the buses! Being the second stop virtually guaranteed you a seat. Plus compared to the walking you do at the parks, walking at SSR is much easier. SSR really is a nice resort and we are glad it is home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter