Tricia & Reuben 4.29.08 WP/Narcoossee's/Grand 1 TR - Day 8 - Our trip is at the end

disprincessatheart

I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08
The easiest way to start was with the vendor reviews, the trip report follows....

Since others have been so helpful with all their reviews, I thought I would do mine as I'm still waiting on pictures to start my TR (we let everyone else take all the pictures all week, now I'm suffering waiting on them to send me the pics!) :rolleyes1

Grand Floridian - check in
A :yay:
This was our first stay at the GF - something I'd been looking forward to as long as I can remember. When we finally got there it was almost surreal. We've visited and dined there on most of our trips (6 in the last 5 years) but it was just overwhelming to be finally really staying there! The service at arrival was fantastic. Even DF was impressed that they wisked our bags away, valet parked the car and got us checked in all in under 10 minutes!! While we didn't get any upgrades (I know, I shouldn't have even been hoping) we did get a king bed as I requested and our room was ready even though we checked in a little before noon. DF was thrilled (I was too, just a little bummed on the no upgrade). Our bags were delivered and we were in our room about 20 minutes from the time we pulled up in our car out front.

Chef Mickeys
B :sad2:
We planned dinner for the immediate families the night before the wedding so that everyone could meet (my sister and his brother hadn't met, but our parents had) and so that we would be free later that night incase there was anything wedding related that needed to be done. We had a few issues that evening with everyone but us getting lost at one point or another, so we were about 10 minutes past our reservation time before we had everyone there. After that we waited 40 minutes before we got our table. After that the drink service was very slow and none of us were impressed by the $30 picture they try to sell you - no way! Then we had trouble using the DDP for the group because the server was not wanting to split the payments. He did it, but overall we weren't impressed with the place and probably won't go back until we have our own kids. Oh, and I forgot to mention we were in the part right near the host stand, out in the middle of the atrium, and it was SO loud we had trouble hearing each other.

Beaute Speciale
A :cutie:
We had Lilly and possibly Lorrena - sorry I can't remember for sure. They came to my parents' timeshare off property to do my hair, mom's, Dsis (MOH) and my niece. The only downside was they got lost (even though I'd confirmed all the details with Ana) and they were about 20 minutes late because of that. It was fine because I'd planned for them to be done by 12 with the limo not coming until 1:45. They didn't leave until close to 1 (they finished a little late and then we were all waiting on my dad to come back with cash for them - not sure why I thought I could write a check :confused3 ) They were wonderful. I had a picture and I think my hair came out really close to the pic. For makeup I just told her I wanted natural with a little bit of a dramatic eye. It was more makeup than I would have done (I really only wear mascara on a daily basis) but it was beautiful. Everyone else was really pleased as well. They even did a tiny bit of eyeshadow, lip gloss and pixie dust on my niece who's 4 at no charge. She thought that was the best thing ever! I think we probably didn't get Ana herself because of the Disney channel games going on that week (Lilly and Lorrena were there too the day before - they showed us some call sheets they'd been given the day before with the people they were supposed to work on) but I didn't mind at all. Lilly was another of the old disney wedding cosmo crew, so she knows what she's doing!

Disney Photography - Paul
A+ :cheer2: :wave2: (hi Paul!)
Final Product: anxiously waiting
Paul was so much fun! I requested him after seeing Summer's MK shoot pics and we were lucky enough to get him. He was snapping pictures before I even knew what was going on and he didn't stop! He showed us some along the way, joked with the family as my sister would get in the way trying to take a few shots, and was great all around. He even helped pass out cake and champagne before he left! We should have our pics this coming week so I'll be posting then!

DFTW - Tanis
A+ :love:
Love, love, love Tanis!! She had to put up with my being a DisBride AND the fact that I had planned a Wishes wedding the year before and had to postpone, so I had already been thru an entire planning process. I have to say with all that she never seemed put off by all my requests and she was a huge help every step of the way.

Teresa Knox
A :thumbsup2
Last year we'd booked Rev Knox and paid a deposit. Well, when we postponed he said we could use that deposit anytime in the future. So when we booked with DFTW this year I contacted Rev Knox but he was already booked, so Teresa (his wife) said she'd be happy to do it if that was ok with us. Since we'd never met either, I was fine with that. Only about 3 weeks before the wedding DF and I sat down and went thru the ceremony planning kit they send (so helpful!). We took pieces out of all 3 ceremony samples and I cut and pasted them together in MS Word. I emailed it off and Teresa said it looked fine. DF and I are not religious, so we didn't want anything resembling a church ceremony, and we didn't want the ceremony to be too long. I was slightly nervous that because we'd done so much pieceparting that Teresa might not get all the right parts that we wanted but she got it perfect. Everyone mentioned how great she was, even cracking a joke when my nephew started singing in the middle of the ceremony! :rotfl: She did add one little story in - guess she felt like we needed a little something more. She was right, we both liked it and it gave us a little time to relax during the ceremony (it was probably a 1 minute story) and we've mentioned it a time or two in the 10 days since! Overall she was great and I recommend her to anyone!

Disney Wedding Cake
A+ :cake: :worship:
A couple of months before the wedding I decided to get DF in on some decisions that had changed since last year. I thought he'd like to pick the cake. Well, I was right and it started some cake insanity! :lmao: He decided that there was no way that the 2 tier cake would be enough and we had to get a 3 tier. Not only did he not think it would be enough cake, he thought it was too small for pictures. :confused3 So after many attempts on my part, we got a 3 tier cake. We also upgraded to a Mickey's delight with purple fondant and silver mickey heads - it was SO cute!! This was the cake we would have had last year, so it was fitting and we really liked it. We had chocolate with chocolate mousse on the bottom, almond with buttercream and raspberry jam in the middle and chocolate with chocolate ganache and raspberry on the top. It was PERFECT!! Everyone had more than one slice - most tried a chocolate and an almond - and they all raved. Because Tanis warned me we'd have TONS of leftover cake I brought some large disposable containers (store brand ziplock things) for extra cake for the guests and then we split up the rest among the family. Everyone was more than happy to help us out by eating some leftover cake!

Dinner - Narcoossee's
A + :woohoo:
I booked this dinner for our group of 20 at 180 days from checkin at the GF. We had the first dinner seating at 5:30 after our 2:30 ceremony. The timing could not have been better. The group dinner there when I booked was a choice of 3 entrees (a chicken, a beef and a fish) with family style seafood appetizers, choice of soup or salad and choice of dessert for $65ppn. The only issue I had was that a few weeks before the wedding I was unable to get in touch with someone to confirm details. When I finally did I was very glad as the menu had changed slightly and they were able to honor the old menu for me because I had booked so far out. :flower3: The setup was 2 long tables end to end with a small gap, up on the level next to the bar. This was a great location because we were slightly separated from the rest of the tables in the restaurant, even though it wasn't private. The food was amazing and there was tons of it. I had to let a couple people know to slow down on the apps as we had 3 more courses to go! The service was fantastic and they were great about our DDP discount. The only negative that I realized later was DH and I didn't get our complimentary champagne that the person who I confirmed with said we would get :confused3. Other than that it was great and I highly recommend Narcoossee's to any bride that's looking for a nice dinner at a good price!

Grand 1 Wishes Cruise
A+ :cloud9:
Besides getting married and staying at the GF, this was the part I was most excited about. When we got to the GF our first day, you could see the Grand 1 from our room, so we walked over and they were nice enough to let us walk around for a tour before our day. That was great. I had wanted to wear my dress on it. Well, we booked it for 18 ppl - max capacity - and it would have been really hard for me to have been on there in my dress. I was glad I hadn't tried to do that because DH and I watched wishes from the upper deck and I wouldn't have been able to get up there in my dress. The boat really impressed everyone and we had an amazing view of Wishes and the electric water parade. It was stressful to get the reservation having to wait until 90 days out, but so worth it! If you have a small enough party, definitely do this!!

Disney Floral
A+ :flower3:
We didn't do much floral wise, just my boquet, DH's bout, a rose wand for my niece, bouts for dad, fil, dbil, nephew and a coursage for mom. I wanted my boquet to be different shades of purple. When I first taked to Rosie, I was told there aren't purple roses. :confused: I knew that DF had gotten them for me before so I was a little frustrated. Apparently I don't speak floral well - I explained that I wanted light purple roses and she finally realized I wanted lavendar roses. I mean, I know that's the exact color, but isn't that light purple :confused3 :rotfl: . Anyway, I just told her, mainly roses for me, different shades of lavendar with a few dark purple flowers mixed in - i have no idea what kind they were - and lavendar roses for everything else with white and silver ribbon. They all came out fantastic! My boquet weighed a ton - must have been at least 10 lbs and it smelled AMAZING! Tanis said it was the lavendar roses that have a ton of scent, unlike most other colors. We had the boquet in our room and could smell it all week! My niece loved her wand (until her brother bashed it into the ground a few times - in hindsight children's flowers should always be silk!)

GF room/service
B+ :upsidedow
We loved our room - have some pics for my TR and we were glad to get a king bed! We didn't get upgraded, but our room was next to the marina which was nice the day of the wedding (DH and I changed before dinner, and he ran back to get me flip flops and a jacket before our wishes cruise). The first issue was that the first night the power went out in the middle of the night. OUr alarm was set (had to go to AK early the next day:thumbsup2 ) but when the power came back on the alarm didn't make any noise or anything to alert us that the alarm was set but not functioning. I know my alarm at home does that. So, for the rest of the trip we set our cell phone alarms instead so we wouldn't have that problem again. Of course that was the only time that happened... The other issue was more annoying. On our first night they left a small bottle of champagne with a rose and a card from Mickey and Minie - I think this is standard practice for couples on a honeymoon at the GF. DF didn't expect it and we both thought it was very nice. Problem? They spelled DF's name wrong, and he's kinda sensitive about that. Well, they had it wrong on the ressie when we checked in, but we didn't bother to correct it because we were so excited. During the week I tried 3 times to get a new card with the correct name, and it never happened. We got 2 more cards (don't know where the 4th from the other request went) and none of them were right. I secretly saved them because I think it will be funny years from now, but DF was really bummed that they couldn't get it right. I may call or write a letter and see if we can get one after the fact. We have the one that came in the mail when we sent off an invite to M&M so I might just put that out one day for DH to find.

Ok, so now that I've rambled on, we really had a great trip and great service all around. We planned our wedding off and on for 26 months, and it really turned out even just a little better than my expectations and our guests all said it was so much more than they expected! I would do it again in a heartbeat!! :bride: I promise an actual TR with picutres and all will be comign soon!

Great reviews - thanks for taking the time to post them!

And, I can tell you from personal experience, not all honeymooners get Champagne, etc. from the Grand Floridian - that was some extra pixiedust: just for you guys! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great vendor review! It really helps with the planning! I've also requested Paul as our photographer! I'm hoping for some pixie dust that I actually get him! :wizard:

I can't wait to see some pics!!!! Could I ask you how much you spent on the Grand I cruise? I didn't realize you could have 18 people, I thought it was only 12!! :goodvibes

Great reviews! Sounds like everything was amazing! Can't wait to see pics! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great vendor review! It really helps with the planning! I've also requested Paul as our photographer! I'm hoping for some pixie dust that I actually get him! :wizard:

I can't wait to see some pics!!!! Could I ask you how much you spent on the Grand I cruise? I didn't realize you could have 18 people, I thought it was only 12!! :goodvibes

They got a new boat a few months back that holds more people - I was very excited when I found out too! It was $450 plus tax for the cruise and it ended up being about an hour and 15 minutes. It was amazing, especially getting on that boat while a bunch of people were getting on their pontoon boats. I'm sure the pontoons are fun, but this was a really nice experience, and worth it for our group and our wedding day. Actually two pontoons to hold 20 ppl would have been moer than the Grand 1. DH is already talking about doing it again on a future trip! We're way spoiled now!!

great reviews! I'm doing an escape as well, and I'm really glad you posted!

Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

Brilliant info, thank you for posting. Can't wait for the TR and some piccies!

Thank you for posting all of that!! Sorry to hear about the card with the wrong spelling...but you're right, it will be funny years from now. :)

Can't wait to see pics and read your TR! :)

Yay! Thank you so much for your review of the Grand 1! I just booked it today for the night of our wedding for the max (18 guests) as we can't afford a dessert party...so a Wishes Cruise was the next best thing!

And it was a better deal than renting 2 pontoon boats, even if we add snacks! I won't be wearing my dress either with a 10am ceremony! It was frustrating having to wait until today to book it though...the last major reservation...

So glad to see most of your reviews were high marks as we're having Rev. Knox (Kevin) do our wedding, and we're requesting Paul for our MK photo shoot!!!

I'm sorry Chef Mickey's wasn't a better experience for you...we're doing our get-to-know everyone/Welcome dinner at O'Hana's...

Yay! Thank you so much for your review of the Grand 1! I just booked it today for the night of our wedding for the max (18 guests) as we can't afford a dessert party...so a Wishes Cruise was the next best thing!

And it was a better deal than renting 2 pontoon boats, even if we add snacks! I won't be wearing my dress either with a 10am ceremony! It was frustrating having to wait until today to book it though...the last major reservation...

Congrats on getting your reservation!! You're going to LOVE the Grand 1! We went there straight from dinner, so after much debate we didn't order any snacks - just bottled waters. Even that was a fortune!! $80 I think for 20 waters :scared1: (ok, I expected that based on work functions I plan, but my poor dad was horrified when he payed that bill!) :scared: For us anything more would have been a total waste. It was the most amazing experience though!!

On the 90 day thing - you're actually pretty lucky. Around 100 days out I decided to look at the times for Wishes the night of our wedding. As luck would have it, there were no fireworks scheduled the night of our wedding :scared1: As of then though, Disney had not announced the P&PP nights, so I was assuming it would be one of those parties and there would be fireworks during the party. As a backup I started looking into Illuminations DP's (too much money and too tight a timeline). I was completely bummed. A few days before our 90 day mark they announced the parties - nothing on our night and still no fireworks :headache: Around 75 days I decided just to book it anyway and that we would have a really nice cruise around MK area even if there were no fireworks. Thankfully no one else had the same idea! I got the cruise and eventually Disney changed the MK schedule and added Wishes back that night, so it worked out, but talk about stressing!!

Great reviews!!!
Sounds like everything went well.
I would love to see your lavender rose... that's something new to me.
Can't wait to see pics!

I would love to do Grand 1 someday.
I told DH that one day maybe for our anniv we need to do it ;)

Great reviews!!!
Sounds like everything went well.
I would love to see your lavender rose... that's something new to me.
Can't wait to see pics!

I would love to do Grand 1 someday.
I told DH that one day maybe for our anniv we need to do it ;)

I've finally got some pics from my mom and dad, so maybe I'll have a chance to get some up tonight. You definitely need to do the Grand 1 when you do your GF do-over trip! We were there the same 2 nights as you, but between your wedding and ours, guess we didn't run into each other. I did take a close look at any couple with wedding ears or a just married button all week, but never saw you guys.

I've finally got some pics from my mom and dad, so maybe I'll have a chance to get some up tonight. You definitely need to do the Grand 1 when you do your GF do-over trip! We were there the same 2 nights as you, but between your wedding and ours, guess we didn't run into each other. I did take a close look at any couple with wedding ears or a just married button all week, but never saw you guys.

Yeah... we did too!!! I keep wondering if I know the people with the buttons :laughing:
But I think our 2 overlapping days were the 2 I was stuck in the room :(
blah...

Ok, getting pictures is like PULLING TEETH!! So, here are some pics from our camera (we took 12 all week :sad2: ) and from my parents. I will warn you, they dont' flow well and there are several more I wish I had already! Everyone else is SO tardy!! I guess this is our unofficial preview!

The work of Beauty Speciale (Lilly and Lorena)
Mom's hair - lorena
momshairback.jpg

My hair about half way done - Lilly
myhairprogresss.jpg

DFTW Paul
Paulthephotographer.jpg

My boquet - I hated to leave it behind!
myboquet.jpg

US!

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008045.jpg

The cake
TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008066.jpg

The toast - Commander's Terrace
TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008072.jpg

The Grand 1 - various shots
TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008085.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008091.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008092.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008093.jpg

TriciasWeddingWeekApril2008099.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhh, I missed the start of your TR when we were away!

I know exactly what you mean about having a hard time getting pics. But the ones you have a great and I can't wait to see more.

And you looked like a princess!!! Your dress and tiara were beautiful! princess:

Nikki

Congrats on the wedding - I love the pictures you have posted and can't wait to see more!

I wanted to share a story with you about my honeymoon at Disney and how I can relate to your DH about having his name spelled correctly! We got married in December - DH and I had been together since March of that year - so a good 9 months or so - we had been living together since August - ANYWAY... I made all of the reservations for our honeymoon - and Disney Reservations misspelled my name on the reservation - and thus it was misspelled on our KTTW/room key card. My new DH - who I have know for over 9 months by this time - went to a shop in DTD to order an engraved picture frame - the Castmember asked him if my name was spelled with one "S" or two... DH got flabbergasted and confused - not knowing it could be spelled with one... so since the KTTW card had my name with one "S" - he had the engraver use the name on the card - since he was sure it had to be right and he had been wrong all of those months!!! We got married December 14 - honeymooned that week and was home for Christmas - DH saved the engraved crystal picture frame and gave it to me for a Christmas present... there it is - Mickey and Minnie engraved above our wedding date and our names KEVIN and MELISA!!! I proudly display it on my dresser - mostly to remind DH that he can't SPELL!!

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter