• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Well that was quick and easy.
All booked for december. First class service already through email.

I've been reading so much about Tony's service that part of me wants to use him on principle. But with only two of us, and only needing transport from MCO->USO and USO->BWV (but nothing -> MCO), it's hard to justify the expense. I'm figuring $28 for the two of us, Super Shuttle for the first leg, and then maybe $30 Lyft for the second leg.

Gary, just remember that the Super Shuttle is a shared transport that can stop anywhere along International Drive and other hotels before it gets you to your destination.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, there is no free transportation from Cabana Bay Beach Resort to the airport like Disney's Magical Express? No wonder we like Disney (they take care of everything so we dont have to try to figure this stuff out):sad2:
Ok, so how much do you guys think an uber would cost from Cabana Bay to the airport and would they be available early in the morning for an 8am flight out of MCO? We are looking for the most economical transportation.

When I do Disney, I always use private car service
Tried their bus shuttle and it was really a bad experience for me

Not sure about uber doing pick ups at mco unless it is the high end uber cars

Some take a hotel shuttle to a local hotel at/by mco for pick ups and use regular uber then

You have options of using super shuttle from mco to Cbay or taxis if you do not want private car service

Shuttle info on UO website or you can google it

Last time I looked thought it was $35 but check my numbers for accuracy

Taxi could run about the same price

Onsite hotels have black sedan for hire for transportation to mco at the end of your stay
$50 is the cost

Uber, super schuttle, taxi, private car service are all dependAble

There is a great informative thread about uber in the transportation thread on the Dis

Rob is a driver for uber and answers most of the questions posters have

Suggest you ask him about fare estimates as I don't know when price surging begins for drivers in early morning time periods

I am renting a car this Saturday at MCO from Alamo for $25, dropping the family off at Sapphire Falls, then dropping the car off at Alamo at the Four Points Sheraton around the corner. Uber from there to Sapphire Falls is $5-6. A little bit of shuffling around, but my wife has an Uber credit for the trip back to the airport. $30 round trip isn't too shabby.

I just took Uber black from the MCO airport to a hotel on Universal Drive and it was $61.

Gary, just remember that the Super Shuttle is a shared transport that can stop anywhere along International Drive and other hotels before it gets you to your destination.
Thanks for pointing that out. It doesn't matter for us, but it helps set expectations.

He offers the stop
If you are not sure which place to stop at, ask Tony and he will tell you

He offers the stop
If you are not sure which place to stop at, ask Tony and he will tell you

Great! We wanted to have it as an option, but I think we can just buy a couple bottles of wine at the resort we are at (or the F&WF).

PS - It's our 10 year anniversary next year! Put us on the list if you have room... :-)

I remember ten years back you were in our private rip tour

It was your wedding gift to him

So many years have passed and I still remember you two

You should join the group again sometime!

Ok so I was off on the years but it's been too long of a time since I have seen youse.

How is the little guy doing?

Ok so I was off on the years but it's been too long of a time since I have seen youse.

How is the little guy doing?
The little guy turns 7 tomorrow and his brother is 2. :rolleyes1 I think it's been 4 years since our last tour... Wow. Time to go back!

Unbelievable that the first little guy is now 7 !!

4 years is a long time
Plan the vacation

we just got a price from hertz to rent a car from port orleans to universal cabana bay resort and it was $93. How can I get these under $40 rates you guys are getting for car rental?

So here are the SuperShuttle results:

1. Computer glitch when I booked it that caused it to be charged without sending me a confirmation number.
  2. I filed a query online that didn't get a response.
  3. I called after a couple of days (they said to allow that for computer inquiries), the phone was answered quickly, they had all the right information, gave me the confirmation number, resent the email, all very efficiently, enough to make me very satisfied after a poor start.
  4. Got a text as soon as we landed and I turned off airplane mode, with a link for checking in, including an explicitly numbered parking spot for the shuttle. Link had clear, easy instructions.
  5. Checked in via web link on my phone as soon as we got to the parking spot, trivial to find but at the far end of the terminal from the JetBlue carousel.
  6. We were on the shuttle and on the way in less than 15 minutes from checkin.
  7. Only two stops before ours. One was a woman with about five suitcases, something about being unable to decide which shoes, so she brought many pairs.
  8. Arrived at Cabana Bay approximately 40 minutes after leaving the airport.
  9. Total cost, $28 + $5 tip for two suitcases, 2 adults, one way transportation, MCO to Cabana Bay.
Overall, I'd recommend them if the price works for you, but next time I won't use the Firefox installation I have with aggressive privacy settings.

So here are the SuperShuttle results:

1. Computer glitch when I booked it that caused it to be charged without sending me a confirmation number.
  2. I filed a query online that didn't get a response.
  3. I called after a couple of days (they said to allow that for computer inquiries), the phone was answered quickly, they had all the right information, gave me the confirmation number, resent the email, all very efficiently, enough to make me very satisfied after a poor start.
  4. Got a text as soon as we landed and I turned off airplane mode, with a link for checking in, including an explicitly numbered parking spot for the shuttle. Link had clear, easy instructions.
  5. Checked in via web link on my phone as soon as we got to the parking spot, trivial to find but at the far end of the terminal from the JetBlue carousel.
  6. We were on the shuttle and on the way in less than 15 minutes from checkin.
  7. Only two stops before ours. One was a woman with about five suitcases, something about being unable to decide which shoes, so she brought many pairs.
  8. Arrived at Cabana Bay approximately 40 minutes after leaving the airport.
  9. Total cost, $28 + $5 tip for two suitcases, 2 adults, one way transportation, MCO to Cabana Bay.
Overall, I'd recommend them if the price works for you, but next time I won't use the Firefox installation I have with aggressive privacy settings.

I usually use private car services to maximize park time. Since this time we are not planning to go to the park on arrival day, I may try the shared shuttle to save a few dollars for souvenirs. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I know Tony offers a stop from airport to hotel, I wonder if he offers a stop from Universal to Port Canaveral? Just want to buy some Perrier before boarding the Fantasy. Thanks in advanced!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter