Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

I need to go from MCO to Royal Pacific, and then 3 days later go from Royal Pacific to Port Canaveral for two adults and one child. Any options better than a rental car?

Hi
Has anyone used the Universal shuttle you can book with a package? There would be 3 of us so the cost seems to be the same as some of the other options. We won't need to stop at a grocery store. I should mention that this will be our first non-Disney Orlando vacation so I'm feeling a little "uneducated"

Thanks!
Michelle
Hi we used Quick Transportation last March - 74.00 plus tip. They were fantastic!!!!!! Will use them again. This was through Universal.

Any one had any luck or issues with an Uber from the Sanford airport to universal? Or what services did you use to get from the Sanford/Orlando Airport to Universal? The airline we are flying has a bus transport, however its an additional $71 per person... so I'm looking for some inexpensive alternatives. THANKS!!!!!!

We are doing a split trip, need service from airport to universal then universal to Disney, from Disney back to airport for 4 people. Is it cheaper to just rent a car? Staying at universal for 4 nights so gotta add the 20 bucks a night to park. Why do they do that? Anyway, what would you all suggest?

Some hotels at other cities have higher parking fees

Expect to pay $35-45 for Chicago hotel parking fees

There are private car service that runs about $150 for a 3 leg ride and will carry 9 in the vehicle

I find it cheaper and more relaxing to use private car service instead of a car rental

check the very good thread that is on the DIS transportation board about Uber/Lyft posted by @RideShareRob

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

not sure why my link is not working correctly but the above is that thread

i'm in the process of sorting through this thread you are in now to get rid of incorrect info and updating to stay current for what is out there for 2016.
This change won't happen overnight as I am also working on other stickies.

Is there maybe another way? Like you said the link isn't working. I tried in case it got fixed and then when it didn't I searched. Searched by, title, words, member posted etc. and can't seem to find it... :( maybe I'm just not doing it correctly.

Update:
I FOUND IT!! and I am currently reading it! Thank You! I Searcher Uber Disney and found it a couple pages deep in the search. Again, Thanks So Much!!!!

Last edited:
i didn't list it as a link but to post the thread name so you could recognize it.

i thought this way if you went to the transportation forum you might see other Uber questions and answers.

but, the above thread is monitored and updated regularly.
That posted is an Uber driver for a lengthy time.

and i asked other moderators and all agreed this is a great source to learn about Uber.

Try using the permalink for post #1 of the thread (click on the post number to get the permalink)
Seems to work better than copy&paste of the url nav bar

Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW
thanks chmurf, much appreciated.

since i am trying to update stickies, much of the info that is current is way back from the front when it comes to Uber, Lyft, new car service transports, etc.
i'm working on how to add a post on page 1 without losing any of the other posts.

first page is ideal for anyone looking for links /transportation

previous moderators did not develop the stickies right away.
i think what happened was once a thread started to grow and had accurate/current info, it was easier to just make that thread a sticky.

i need to work with tech support to get the set up changed.
initial page for links, all other pages for sharing info, questions, answers, business as usual, etc.

i can't do a set up change without tech support help.
if i can get this done, i could do a copy/paste links of what others list in their postings.

i'm thinking if we could have one page for one stop shopping, it would be beneficial.
kind of like the super walmart.
buy your milk, get the bread, beer, buy shoes, get your rx filled, buy a couch, get your christmas decorations and change your tires all in a few hours.

i'm working on how to add a post on page 1 without losing any of the other posts.

In a thread, locate the post you want to link to in ypur sticky

Click on its number at the bottom right of the post next to the ''like'' link

A popup window show up with the permalink

You get 2 links
First line is the actual URL (the http adress)
Second line is the bb code used by the forum
Copy the code on the second line under the ''BB code snippet'' tab. the one that starts with [ url = (without the spaces)

(for example ypur post above is #354, if you click on 354 you'll get a link that will always point to that post)

Paste that code snippet in your sticky and you have a permanent link that points directly to the individual post you want to add to your walmart ;)
You won't need to sticky threads, you'll just need one big sticky post with links to individual posts relative to the accurate and current information

Last edited:
chmurf, thank you for your advise but there are some techniques that can't be done by a moderator.
to open up and create an open space away from an established sticky, needs the services of the webmasters.

i do appreciate you sharing the above technique.:thumbsup2
it is beneficial to others might need in the future when they are trying to link new info in a thread.

Dave,

Please let me know what you found.
Ben,

We are currently using Tony's service. I am writing this on the way to the port while Tony is driving. Excellent service and a really nice guy. Airport Transportation, Tony Hinds aobh607@gmail.com. 407-406-9093. Price is in line with other services. I highly recommend...tell him David sent you. He will make stops if you need them.

I also wanted to note that we arrived at the hotel 3 hours late due to flight delays. Tony said get some sleep and we could settle up anytime during our time with him. That speaks about about his character.

Regards,
David

Last edited:
You never go wrong when using Tony

I always recommend him when someone asks who should I book for transportation!

Anyone know if there is an Enterprise car rental near Universal? I am considering a car service from airport to HRH to avoid parking fee and then renting a car for the second part of our trip which is just renting a house near WDW. I would want Enterprise, as I have points and may be able to get the car at no/little cost.

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter