Transportation from WDW to Port of Miami

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
We want to spend a few days at WDW before we cruise and I'm trying to figure out if it's reasonable to do so. We won't have a car so I'm looking for other transportation options. I don't like the idea of renting a car since we'd like to leave WDW the morning of the cruise and to drive 4 hours to Miami and then have to deal with returning the car seems like too much of a hassle.

Does anyone have experience with the door to door shuttles or any other suggestions?

Thanks

We want to spend a few days at WDW before we cruise and I'm trying to figure out if it's reasonable to do so. We won't have a car so I'm looking for other transportation options. I don't like the idea of renting a car since we'd like to leave WDW the morning of the cruise and to drive 4 hours to Miami and then have to deal with returning the car seems like too much of a hassle.

Does anyone have experience with the door to door shuttles or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Dedicated car service from Orlando to Miami will be expensive, because you'll also have to pay for the drivers return trip. Amtrak runs from downtown Orlando to Miami each day, tickets probably starting around $25 a person. You would have to get from Disney to the Amtrak station. There are several bus services, and this link https://www.gotobus.com/orlando-to-miami-bus/ would give you options for different possibilities. Depending on the bus service, they would pick up and drop off in different places.

Renting a car might not be as big a hassle as you think. You could take MDE to Orlando airport and pick up a rental car there, or pick up your rental car at the car care center or at the Dolphin hotel. You could then drop it at the Miami airport, there might not even be a drop off fee. And then a cab to the port. Renting your own car will be faster and more flexible than the bus or train options, and significantly less expensive than a car service

We went through the same questions for our upcoming Universal/DCL trip and decided to just fly from Orlando. The tickets were about $80 per person, extremely cheap. I looked into hiring a car service and it would have been over $500 as it’s at least a four hour drive.

We just rented a car and drove down. National usually doesn't penalize for 1 way trips.

If I remember correctly we were not staying at Disney... it was just easier and cheaper to go into Orlando. We flew in the night before and went to downtown disney and drove down early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter