Transportation Before and After Cruise

kcchief

Mouseketeer
I apologize ahead of time because I’m sure this question has been asked a million times. I’m looking for recommendations for transportation. We are not looking for anything fancy. Just safe and as inexpensive as possible. We need transport from MCO to our Cocoa Beach hotel, and then transport from the port back to MCO after our cruise . Thank you in advance!

I'd say to do one way rentals for both legs.

Alternatively, the DIS does list some car services. Which isn't the cheapest option, but you won't have to fight for cabs/ubers.

I apologize ahead of time because I’m sure this question has been asked a million times. I’m looking for recommendations for transportation. We are not looking for anything fancy. Just safe and as inexpensive as possible. We need transport from MCO to our Cocoa Beach hotel, and then transport from the port back to MCO after our cruise . Thank you in advance!
GoPort will pick you up at cruise port and take you to MCO $24/each. Not sure they will take you to hotel upon arrival though? It is a small bus so it transports several people at once.

I searched too but, could not find anyone reasonable to take us from MCO to the hotel near the port.
the best thing I found was to rent a car. We flew in the day before the cruise. Then returned the car the morning of the cruise & they had free shuttle to the terminal (we tipped). That gave us a car to go to dinner, & we did last minute shopping....we were happy to have a car.
After the cruise, we used Cruise Control Transportation straight to MCO...I think it was $40 for 2 of us. This was 2 weeks ago & with gas prices, they may have gone up, already.

Good luck! Let me know if you find something better from MCO to the hotel. We have another cruise booked in the fall.

We usually rent a car but the prices were ridiculous our last trip (over Thanksgiving) so we used Lyft from Universal to the port. $75 for a Lyft XL that easily held four of us and luggage, picked up at the hotel door and a great, fast trip to port. We rented a car afterwards and again used Lyft from port to rental car place to beat all the others debarking and waiting for the rental car shuttles.

We have done the rental car thing (rent at MCO, drive to Cape Canaveral, hotel there, w, turn car in day of cruise then shuttle to port) then one day rental after cruise (flight was following day).
We have left from Disney and had Tony Hinds (aobh607@gmail.com) pick us up at Pop, take us to the cruise, then pick us up after the cruise to take us to Daytona to catch our flight.

In July we are getting a hotel near MCO, so we'll use the hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel, then we have arranged for Tony again to get us from that hotel to the port and from the port back to MCO after the cruise. Round trip is $210 (there are six of us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter