Traffic question

Amber White

Earning My Ears
Hi,
So my question is regarding the traffic in the orlando/Disney area. I am planning a vow renewal and will have to take an uber from Disney resort to the downtown orlando area on a Sunday early afternoon . I heard that traffic is a nightmare and we might not make it back in time for the 4pm mnsshp we have tickets for. Is this accurate? The renewal is at 1. I planned getting an uber/Lyft at 12..and the ceremony should be done by 145. Any locals that can give me some insight. TIA

Hi,
So my question is regarding the traffic in the orlando/Disney area. I am planning a vow renewal and will have to take an uber from Disney resort to the downtown orlando area on a Sunday early afternoon . I heard that traffic is a nightmare and we might not make it back in time for the 4pm mnsshp we have tickets for. Is this accurate? The renewal is at 1. I planned getting an uber/Lyft at 12..and the ceremony should be done by 145. Any locals that can give me some insight. TIA
On a Sunday afternoon the traffic heading back to WDW shouldn’t be bad. It won’t take two hours to return to MK or your resort.

We often have dinner in Winter Park and it’s never taken long to get back to an onsite resort. We left the Shakespeare Theater in Winter Park, a little beyond Orlando, on a late Sunday afternoon and easily made it to AKL within 40 minutes or so. We made a Sanaa reservation as soon as we left the theater and arrived early to AKL.

I would recommend taking a quick look at a traffic app before you head back. Under normal circumstances you will be fine, but if there is an accident all bets are off and you will want an alternate route back. I usually use the traffic map on wftv.com before leaving work for the day to make sure my route is clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter