Trading Pins on Ebay

NickyKnack

DIS Veteran
Can someone recommend a good seller for me to pick up a pin lot from? Ebay or another website is fine - I just need someone I can trust and who will send the pins fast as I need them by April 20th.

Look in the Disney collectors board in the "just for fun" section of disboards. Scroll down from the main page. There are a few threads that may help.

Can someone recommend a good seller for me to pick up a pin lot from? Ebay or another website is fine - I just need someone I can trust and who will send the pins fast as I need them by April 20th.

I've had good luck with seller disneytradingpins4u. The pins have all been very nice. I've bought probably 100 or so from them. Even gotten some I didn't want to part with :).

Since most of the CMs apparently have scrappers anyway can I assume that they will trade for scrappers? I don't really care much beyond the "thrill of the hunt". And getting pretty baubles. I'm not saying I would set out to do it - but if I can't be sure what is and what's not, then I just want to make sure I don't pay a lot for something CMs wont trade.

I don't believe that most CMs have the scrapper pins Sometimes I'm sure but when discovered they change them out & scrappers are taken out of the trading pin cycle for lack of a better term

Best advice find a seller who has been around a long time, has stellar feedback, and addresses the scrapper issue Another thing I would avoid is buying pins in bulk, not everyone will agree

I've had tremendous luck on eBay since it's duration ( except I stupidly did not buy the stock when it was FIRST offered..still kicking myself over that ) If you want to PM I'll be more than happy to tell you who I think is the most reliable & honest No, I don't sell there for many years

I don't believe that most CMs have the scrapper pins Sometimes I'm sure but when discovered they change them out & scrappers are taken out of the trading pin cycle for lack of a better term

Best advice find a seller who has been around a long time, has stellar feedback, and addresses the scrapper issue Another thing I would avoid is buying pins in bulk, not everyone will agree

I've had tremendous luck on eBay since it's duration ( except I stupidly did not buy the stock when it was FIRST offered..still kicking myself over that ) If you want to PM I'll be more than happy to tell you who I think is the most reliable & honest No, I don't sell there for many years

Hey Luvchefmic! Your newest "friend" here. Didn't know you dabbled in pins. I'd like to pm you too!

I have a tremendous pin collection that i have been slowly selling on ebay.
I am under the name michelestickets <-----dont ask. I have some commons mostly limited editions. I have some passholder pins some christmas pins whatever you are looking for i might have. Mine are not scrappers all of my pins were purchased from WDW. You really want to stay away from the large lots of pins those are usually the scrappers. Good Luck though PM me if you are interested

Joe

CM's have no way of magically knowing if a pin is a scrapper, anymore than you do. But they will trade them non-the-less. Why wouldn't they? In the end, I don't think Disney cares. The high price they charge for the "authentic" ones, still makes them a ton of money.

If they remove pins, its probably just the ones they know are undesirable.

Hey Luvchefmic! Your newest "friend" here. Didn't know you dabbled in pins. I'd like to pm you too!

Well good morning to you too :goodvibes I ONLY collect Pluto pins, and was shocked when I realized how many there are :faint: I probably could have paid off the car by now :scared:

Would be happy to tell you my " go to " favorite sellers Let me check my eBay history and I'll send the user IDs to you Average pins MINT on card under $ 5 they usually have free ship....then again I did get a $23 pin but SO worth it :thumbsup2

Well good morning to you too :goodvibes I ONLY collect Pluto pins, and was shocked when I realized how many there are :faint: I probably could have paid off the car by now :scared:

Would be happy to tell you my " go to " favorite sellers Let me check my eBay history and I'll send the user IDs to you Average pins MINT on card under $ 5 they usually have free ship....then again I did get a $23 pin but SO worth it :thumbsup2

I say sell the car and buy more Pluto pin!

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

As a long time pin trader may I plead to you to not knowingly trade scrapper pins.
I know nobody wants to trade a genuine $10 pin for a worthless scrapper pin but there are some ebay sellers who sells booster pins still in the pack for $2/pin.

Search for
bizzybee1
disneypinmad
phyllisf124

I am not related to any of these sellers in any way or form.
I just totally can't stand the flood of scrapper pins on CM lanyards.

As a long time pin trader may I plead to you to not knowingly trade scrapper pins.
I know nobody wants to trade a genuine $10 pin for a worthless scrapper pin but there are some ebay sellers who sells booster pins still in the pack for $2/pin.

Search for
bizzybee1
disneypinmad
phyllisf124

I am not related to any of these sellers in any way or form.
I just totally can't stand the flood of scrapper pins on CM lanyards.

I get what you are advising BUT if I'm reading it right, I see nothing wrong with breaking up a starter pack and then selling the pins individually In my case I have absolutely no need/desire to buy a starter pack...just the Pluto :thumbsup2

I get what you are advising BUT if I'm reading it right, I see nothing wrong with breaking up a starter pack and then selling the pins individually In my case I have absolutely no need/desire to buy a starter pack...just the Pluto :thumbsup2

Oh totally!

The only reason I'm suggesting the starter pack is because that's usually the best way to tell if those pins are genuine.
It comes sealed and the pins have not changed hands.

:)

Have fun trading! :thumbsup2

Also, if you're not a hard core trader it might not matter whether a pin is scrapper or not.
HOWEVER, if you look closely scrapper pins are rarely a great quality.
You can tell either the colors are off, the material is not right, it rusts easily or the picture printed just totally whacky.

But my kids who trades just for the sake of trading, don't know and don't care.
They like a pin because it's Mickey or Tinkerbell or it's purple or it's blue!
:rotfl:
So I buy those boosters and let them trade to their hearts desire.
And when we get home the obvious scrapper pins they don't want I throw away.

Yes, I am practically throwing away $2/pin but I feel better knowing that I don't contribute to the scrappers at the park the next time we're there.
Plus they usually trade the same 15 pins over and over hehe...

Just have to be really careful who you deal with on eBay high + feedback etc are my go to sellers Been dealing with them over a decade Yes occasionally I'll give a newbie a fair chance after all we were all new there at one time

You have fun too :)

how do you know if they are scrapper pins?

Most of them are obvious.

Material is not the same (very light compared to authentic Disney pin)
Colors are off or missing
Picture is printed incorrectly or bad quality (colors bleed)
Rusty

But in general the easiest way I spot scrappers are the first 3 items I mentioned above.

Usually I can spot CM scrappers within seconds while looking at a lanyard (from item 2 and 3).

how do you know if they are scrapper pins?

There's a few " guides " on eBay and other places on the internet ( disneypins.com and pinpics.com I think ? )

As others have said even some CMs can't tell the difference I protect myself by trusting the sellers I deal with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter