TR: Heidi & Tom's Escape Wedding at SP

Hi! I got some pictures off of DH's camera, and thought I'd share a couple "getting ready" pictures, before I start my PJ for January!

I really liked my hair, and here's a couple of Patricia LeJeune working on it.

I have really heavy STRAIGHT hair. After she curled it all with a curling iron, it fell. So, she individually twisted and sprayed strands. It gave it the curly effect we were looking for.

DSC_0119.jpg

Then we went with the "One big orchid vs. smaller orchids" debate. We decided on "All of the Above!"

DSC_0122.jpg

Here's also another close-up of the bouquet, as it arrived in a box a little before 6 am.

DSC_0116.jpg

And then, as I said before, I ordered "hair florals." Here's a picture of what they sent for hair florals. LOTS of choices. The one on the left in the plastic is the boutonniere, but the rest were the "options"

DSC_0110.jpg

After the ceremony, cake cutting, toast, first dance and more pictures, Amy took us up to Kona Cafe to make sure we made our ADR. (I know I wrote that before). Here's a picture of us enjoying it...Mmm! Tonga Toast!

IMG_0447.jpg

Anyway...

After breakfast, we rode in the limo back to the VWL. We changed to go into the MK. I left my hair up, because it was soooo pretty and I wasn't ready to get out of my"costume!" We went with BFF and her DH and DD into MK for a couple hours before our Planning Session at Franck's.

Yes, we were crazy. Well, actually, we were time-crunched. This whole trip was last minute, and we had to squeeze in the essentials where we could. I'll start my PJ this afternoon or evening and write all about it!

I love your earrings and necklace can you tell me where you got them from?

I love your earrings and necklace can you tell me where you got them from?

I found them in Hollywood Studios in a place called "Keystone" something or another. It is on Hollywood Blvd. as you walk in. Keep walking toward the Sorcerer's Hat. It's the last store on the left before you get there. They were with all the other "cheapo" jewelry. Nothing really fancy.

I love your hair!! And the florals too!!! Great idea!!

ok very silly question....you're in the service too, right? In addition to your DH? How can you have long hair??:confused: Isn't it very HOT in Iraq?

ok very silly question....you're in the service too, right? In addition to your DH? How can you have long hair??:confused: Isn't it very HOT in Iraq?

Yes, we're both in the Army. My hair has to be above my collar, so I put it up in a bun. You're right...it's VERY hot in Iraq, but for some reason, I find it cooler to have my hair totally off my neck in a bun than touching my neck when it's short.

Plus, when I'm out of uniform, I can go incognito and not look like I'm in the Army :cool2: The guys can't do that! :)

I got them in Hollywood Studios at a shop called "Keystone." It's on Hollywood Boulevard (as you come in). As you're walking toward the Fantasia hat, it's on the left right before you get to that main square area.

And btw I looked at your DCL pictures! They are awesome! How did you take the photos of the fireworks? They're amazing!

Thanks for the info!!! I've been looking for some jewelry to wear to our anniversary pics with Randy Chapman, and that will be perfect!!!

My DH actually took the pictures from our trip. He bought a new DSLR camera, and what better place to try it out than WDW!!! We set up the tripod on the left side of Main Street between Casey's and the Partners statue. I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out!!!

Hey, are we done??? :rotfl: More more more!!

Did you ever get started on your PJ for the Wishes Wedding??

Okay...I stink! There's no other explanation! :confused3 :rotfl:

No, I haven't started on my PJ, but I've been reading everyone else's :surfweb: They're so much fun...and addictive! :goodvibes

I will this weekend, and then I'll post the link here.

Thank you for keeping me honest! :rolleyes1

I love your wedding, so simple and elegant! Just how I want mine to be.

Love the flowers in your hair, I think its a great idea. Do you mind me asking if you got them through Disney floral, and how much they were?

I love your wedding, so simple and elegant! Just how I want mine to be.

Love the flowers in your hair, I think its a great idea. Do you mind me asking if you got them through Disney floral, and how much they were?

Thank you! It was very impromptu, but I loved it.

The hair florals...yes, got them through Disney floral. SUPER easy and great. I told Amy (our Escape WP) that I wanted hair florals. I didn't specify what type or size, but as you can see from the pictures, they sent BOTH small and one large Cymbidium orchid. I'm sure you could be more specific than I was...I just didn't have time :hourglass I THINK (pretty sure) it was $35. The best part is they arrived early to the room with the other flowers and they were pre-wired and taped for hair. It was one less vendor to deal with, which was great! :cheer2:

I hope that helps...

You had such a beautiful wedding! I had tears the whole way through reading it! I can't wait till you find time to start you PJ. Congratulations!!!!

You had such a beautiful wedding! I had tears the whole way through reading it! I can't wait till you find time to start you PJ. Congratulations!!!!

Thank you! You're very kind!

I will tell you, I have been totally involved with wedding details, but not finding enough time to start a PJ. Frankly, the room block has been the bane of my existence for the last couple days! It scares me...but I think we're done now. So, this weekend...PJ TIME! (Pajamas and Planning Journals!)

My fiancee and i want to have an escape wedding next year. my only dilemma is this: I know the price includes the couple and 4 guests, but how much is it for each additional guest? I hope someone can help I really appreciate it!

My fiancee and i want to have an escape wedding next year. my only dilemma is this: I know the price includes the couple and 4 guests, but how much is it for each additional guest? I hope someone can help I really appreciate it!

Tinkerlissa, I am probably not the best person to answer this, since I only had two guests. I THINK the cake is enough for 20 or so (however many Escape allows). A lot of Escape brides on this board add LOTS of extras to make their weddings more customized, so of course, all of that is extra.

If you were just going with cake and champagne, I think you'd have to pay for more champagne and that's it. If you want a meal for your guests afterward, you have to coordinate reservations for that. Your WP can help you with it, but it isn't included in the prices of the Escape wedding.

There are lots of other brides who are planning or had more customized Escape weddings. I'll list a few I THINK had Escape weddings (Ladies forgive me if I get your names wrong!)

JoJo1980
DecemberBride
Lynn5700

I hope that helps!

That is correct! Disney really needs to change the wording on the site.... :sad2:

If you stick to the basic Escape package, the only additional charge you will incur is about $60 for an extra bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee if you have more than 6 people (including bride and groom). You can also get sparkling cider, or soda, or skip it if you don't drink anyway!

It sounds like your escape wedding was so much fun, I'm not sure if I could've pulled off that kind of surprise; I'm sure it was all a whirlwind. Looking forward to reading your PJ for your Wishes wedding!

It sounds like your escape wedding was so much fun, I'm not sure if I could've pulled off that kind of surprise; I'm sure it was all a whirlwind. Looking forward to reading your PJ for your Wishes wedding!

Oh, I'm sure you could! It was so much fun!

This weekend I am starting my PJ (how many times have I said that???:rotfl: )

Seriously...I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter