Touring plans for SeaWorld, Legoland, and Universal

Since it's a theme park built around a movie lot in hilly terrain, it has two levels. A series of some the longest outdoor escalators in existence take people up and down. On a clear day, there are really nice views of the surrounding area.

The important point is, to make the most of your time, you really ought to visit the lower lot only once. It includes Mummy, Jurassic Park, Backdraft, & Special Effects show.

Hi, I'm going in August. I can either go one full day or two half-days. What would you recommend among the following two items, and what strategy would you recommend?

Mid-August - Option #1
Wednesday: 11:00 - 4:00ish
Thursday: 3:00 - whenever we accomplish everything; (Dolphin Interaction Program @ 5:30 PM).

Mid-August - Option #2
Thursday: 9:00 - whenever we accomplish everything; (Dolphin Interaction Program @ 5:30 PM).

We have already purchased the DIP, but can move it if there is a better strategy? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Amy,

Have you ever done the Brick or Treat? We are going to DL in October and thought we might stop at Legoland for this. It would be on a Saturday the second week in October so I was wondering how crowded it would be and if it would be better to do the day activities or the night Brick or Treat. My kids are 3 and 5. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Last year was the first year for the special night time Brick Or Treat. For my family and myself it was a bust. It was CROWDED!!! And dark. Now, I know it was night, it should be dark, but really dark. A lot of the joy of LegoLand is seeing all of the details, a troll made of legos for example. Only a section of the park was open as well. I cannot remember which parts, escept we did go to Castle Hill.

I think if the choice is day or night...BLOW off the "special" night time thing, I think you will be disappointed. Particularly with the age of your kids, you won't get to do all the little things that make LL cute!!

The trick or treating is really lame...except kids love it, which makes it, I guess, not so lame!?!

Again, others might think it is the next best thing to sliced bread!!! AMY

Do you have any suggestions for touring plans for Sea World? DBF and I are taking all the kids on Saturday, plus his parents, nephew and his GF, so I just want to have a better plan of action than just looking at the map and show schedule. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Do you have any suggestions for touring plans for Sea World? DBF and I are taking all the kids on Saturday, plus his parents, nephew and his GF, so I just want to have a better plan of action than just looking at the map and show schedule. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

I am the "GO TO" person for LegoLand, but although I live 15 minutes away from SeaWorld, I haven't been there for about 7 years. I grew up going to SeaWorld of Ohio (and NO I am not making that up), so never got excited about going to the one here.

I think Michelle has AP's so she might be more helpful!!

Sorry, I stink. :( :( :(

AMY

We did Sea World and Universal on our So Cal City Pass tour in April/May. Just a note that the crowd levels were very, very low at the time, so you might not have the same experience, but I'll share what I can.

Sea World:
- There is free beer at the hospitality station! They're sample sized, but free beer is good beer. :)
- Plan your day around the shows. We managed to get into all of them at the times we wanted.
- The rides are mostly water rides, and they're not Splash Mountain wet, more like Kali River Rapids/Grizzly River type wet. We opted out.
- Most of the attractions otherwise are walk through, so you can pace yourself.

Universal:
- If you are scared of haunted houses, do NOT do the horror movie sets. Despite what my husband suggested, it is NOT just sets. There are people jumping out at you all over the place.
- Like a PP suggested, only do the lower lot once. You can get everything accomplished and not have to go back.
- Ride the new Simpsons ride. It was still being worked on when we went, but it looks like it's going to be really neat.
- It only took us about half a day to see the whole park.
- Be sure to take the studio tour. It was by far my favorite part of the park. I do like Orlando's park better, but Hollywood's studio tour was worlds better. Because it's an actual studio that is in use constantly, it gives you a whole new meaning to 'behind the scenes.' When we were there they were actully filming Desparate Housewives, which was neat to see. There's a lot of history on that tour.

I am the "GO TO" person for LegoLand, but although I live 15 minutes away from SeaWorld, I haven't been there for about 7 years. I grew up going to SeaWorld of Ohio (and NO I am not making that up), so never got excited about going to the one here.

I think Michelle has AP's so she might be more helpful!!

Sorry, I stink. :( :( :(

AMY

Its ok. I will give Michelle a holler and see what I can find out. Thanks!

And who knew that there was a SeaWorld Ohio :confused3 Doesn't seem real though. You sure you aren't making it up?

And who knew that there was a SeaWorld Ohio :confused3 Doesn't seem real though. You sure you aren't making it up?

I do like to make up facts, but SeaWorld of Ohio is/was real. I have photos and everything!!! It closed quite a few years ago, when open was only open seasonally. No one wants to watch a Shamu show in the snow!!!!

It was about a 50 minute drive from my hometown, so my friends and I went several times each season.

Hey, you have fun !!! Sounds like a gang, but you handle group activities a wee better than I!! I'll wave at SeaWorld Saturday on my way home from work!!!

AMY

Just bumping the thread up in response to a query about touring plans for SW and LL. Somehow, I was unsuccessful adding the link. AMY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter