Torsie's Enchanted Journey - Day Three

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
*Back to Day 2*

Another early start (but only 7am today as we had GMFB booked for 8.45) so we got to the gates nice and early and awaited them opening.

In straight away again but sadly we didn't get Main Street to ourselves again! As it was pretty quiet still though we each took our photos with our favourite part of mainstreet, mine being Lily's boutique and Jack's being caseys and the Mainstreet Gazette.

n821450083_3465844_1659.jpg

n821450083_3465845_2014.jpg

We were the first people on Buzz though, which I was getting slowly better at (still level 3 but Jack got to Level 4!)

n821450083_3465846_2306.jpg

Then onto Space mountain which was absolutely deserted! We were the only people on our train (front seat again!) and when we got back into the station there still wasn't anyone waiting!! Our bruised shoulders couldn't handle another go!

We then had a quick flight on Dumbo before breakfast. We ate in Au Chalet de la marionette which was good, a lot busier than SL but still managed to get a nice seat and the food was the same. I'd do it again as I think the 45 extra minutes sleep were worth it!! After breakfast we had a quick go on the teacups (didn't spin them too hard though!)

We headed over to the liberty arcade entrance of frontierland for rope drop. There were only about 8 other people there and we all ran as the music sounded 10 O'clock and made it onto the second train to leave the station. This ride made us feel like DLRP has its own splash mountain though as between us running to the ride and boarding the heavens opened and we didn't realise until we'd pulled out of the station! We got very very wet!! But it made it great fun and somehow it seemed to go faster in the rain!

By the time we got of BTM the queue was all the way back out of the covered section, so it was definitely worth out little sprint!

As Jack had nothing but his bumbag (which he insists he's bringing back into fahion!) to keep him warm we headed back to Mainstreet motors where he bought a jumper he had seen on the way in when the shops were shut. It's lovely, grey with a little embroidered Mickey (a la Abercrombie). He also suprised me and bought me a little plastic bracelet made of all pink mickey heads....which was sadly lost in a Alice's Labyrinth tragedy later in the day. :(

We then headed back to the studios :)
It was raining loads so we donned our ponchos and milled about a bit, taking lots of photos.

n821450083_3465849_3244.jpg

(The one and only proof my beautiful bracelet existed....)

The tram tour had no wait s we jumped on, and I was really really impressed! The canyon bit was the best I'd experienced! I was amazed how much water poured down!! (The rest of the tour was a little lackluster we though...)

When we got off the tram there was about 2 minutes until the 11.15 Moteurs Action! Show, so we ran and go in fine (even got a seat in the 2nd row!) we both really enjoyed this, although half an hour would have been plenty for me.

Afterwards we were both pretty peckish so popped into the backlot express and shared a mickey brioche and pizza between us. MMMMmmm.

n509625631_3510100_6365.jpg

Then back to the Magic Kingdom again! We headed to Snow White as it had a small(ish) line and hadn't been open during either of our EMHs but just as it got to our turn to get it on it broke down. We waited about 10 minutes but were then asked to go away and come back in a bit. So we headed over to the labyrinth. We got thoroughly lost (in the rain!) but finally made it to the castle. As I was admiring the view I adjusted my jumper sleeve and heard a 'clack' below me. I looked down to see my pretty pink bracelet bouncing over the roofs and into no mans land at the bottom of the castle.......it was the sadest part of my trip, I hate losing stuff! It was the first time I'd been in the labyrinth, and I'll admit I'm not a fan of AiW at all, but the maze really did nothing for me.

Back to frontierland again where we got a fastpass for BTM later in the day and checked out Woody s round-up, which we bth agreed is very disappointing and half-a*sed.

Then it was time for shopping!! We headed to the big disney store in the village where we got everybody presents and I bought myself a big daisy :donald: I also got the '15 ans' CD. We also went in to buy my globe from Disney Gallery but I got so offended by some horrible rude people in there pushing in front of me that I couldn't be bothered at all so we left.

We got lunch in the SL bar which was a lovely bit of down time. And very reasonable, we shared a big ham and cheese baguette with crisps, and also got a plate of bbq chicken wings all of 16E with drinks.

We then got my golbe in the SL store, which was a lot more pleasant:

picsde.jpg

(I LOVE it! It sings 'a dream is a wish your heart makes'!!)

After taking it back to our room, and checking it worked and was in one piece we relaxed for our while as our legs were killing us and it was pretty we outside. We missed our BTM fastpass, but weren't too worried.

When we had recoevered a bit we made our way back out and to the main park. We decided to try the bus, which we waited a long time for but was very empty when we got on. Getting off was horrendous though! As the doors opened a massive crowd came crashing, not caring that we all neede to get off. I managed to elbow my way through, but a lady with suitcases at the next door down got completely mobbed, and had to shoved people out the way with her luggage while shouting 'I do need to get off you know!' It was really a disgusting site! And the driver did nothing!

My rage had subsided by the time we reached fantasyland (via discoveryland for a buzz fp - I wanted a photo and there hadn't been any during EMH) and this time Snow White was working and had a small line so we went on. I think this should be called 'Witch witch and the witchity witch' as snow white and the dwarves hardly featured...but maybe that's just me. We also walked onto Small World, and I took about a billion photos!!

n509625631_3488681_9432.jpg

n509625631_3488682_9791.jpg

When we got off it was almost parade time but the rain was absolutely hammering down, so we ran to POTC which had about a 5 minute queue, and then ran to Frontierland, even in the rain BTM had a massive line, and we couldnt FP so we went to the train station. We just missed one train and had to wait AGES for the next one. We took it to Discoveryland and went on Star Tours (10 minute wait)

It was then buzz time, and we both got much higher scores (strange seeing as the ride was packed) but the photos must not have been working for our whole trip, so we couldn't get one.

We were both so cold and wet and tired but this time that we couldnt face a to hour wait in the cold for fantillusion and the fireworks (seeing as we had had perfect views for both already) we decided to call it a day.

We got take away from Annettes, and watched the disney channel in our room. After we got the feeling in our feet back we sat in the SL bar again and had a lovely hot chocolate before bed. I was a bit sad to heard the fireworks later on, but knew it was the best thing to make the most of our final day!

*Onto Day 4*

sounds like your making the most of every minute but what a shame you lost your bracelet, I have one and they are so pretty. Great photos :)

Shame about your bracelet lovely.....

.... I wish we'd made use of the Sequoia Lodge bar....

Bob xoxoxox

we must have walked straight past each other on tuesday morning, we were there for the 8 o clock opening as well and had a stroll down main street!

Great photos. Looks like you had a fun day... Shame about the bracelet though, I also hate losing things!

Another great day! Sorry about the bracelet - I too hate losing things, esp precious things!

Sounds like a very busy day! I love the picture on buzz, very cute :)

We were in Paris this day and it was cold and rainy there too :( We waited ages to return back as well, as the RER A4 train only runs every 45min to an hour after 8.30pm!

Thanks for another installment. The weather sounds awful, but you still got loads done. The photos are great too.

Sounds like another great day.

It's so upsetting to lose something in the park. My wife lost a Limited Edition Eyeore Pin in the park a few years ago (Which had cost her 20 Euros!) and was obsolutly distraught over it! (I bought her a new one and gave it to her on the Eurostar journey home though)

Glad to hear you both had such a good time :upsidedow, looks like you made the most of the EMH then

Fabulous day Torsie - such a shame about your bracelet, I'd have been distraught too!

Still, it just means you have to go back sooner rather than later. I mean, a girl's gotta have her bracelet, so you need to go get another one.

(Seems perfickly logical to me - like the time we blew £500 on DLP package just because we got half price eurostar tix!)

Anyone have an idea of how I could get hold of one of those bracelets please?

I would love to give it to my wife on the morning of her surprise trip this October...

AND I love that snowglobe...I can see we are going to need a larger case!

Lovely day and you almost managed to get the Welsh Dolls in your pic, I take a photo everytime we go on and my flash never reaches far enough :sad2: I like to think now that with my shares I own a little bit of one of those dolls. :cloud9:
So sorry to hear about your bracelet and the awful people on the bus, we've had some nasty experiences with the buses, it's why I prefer to walk.
Off to read the next installment. :)

Anyone have an idea of how I could get hold of one of those bracelets please?

I would love to give it to my wife on the morning of her surprise trip this October...

AND I love that snowglobe...I can see we are going to need a larger case!

Anyone? I would happily pay in advance if anyone can help me out...

please PM me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter