Torsie's Enchanted Journey - Day One

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Please see my pre trippie if you haven't already!

DAY ONE

After about 4 hours sleep (too excited!!) we got up at 6 and my dad dropped Jack and I at the nearest station with trains running. We got to St Pancras with about an hour to spare, and after a very busy check in it wasn't long till we were on the train and on or way!!

n509625631_3488613_4.jpg

After breakfast and some Brain Training it was almost arrival time and I spent the last half an hour glued to the window!! I spotted the Eiffel tower from the train which I was very proud of myself about! And the tower of terror was the first Disney Landmark to come into view!!!

Once we got off the train we headed straight through the Village and to SL where we checked in - our room wasn't ready though :(

We got our tickets and HB+ vouchers and headed straight to the main park! Which we were in by 1.10pm!! A lot earlier than I had anticipated!

Arriving back onto Main Street took both of your breath away, you just forget how magical it is!! True to my plan we walked right down the center of Main Street and to the castle (taking lots of photos on the way!!) Then w walked through fantasyland and straight to IASW. Which said it had a 45 minute wait, but turned out to be less than 15! Result!!

Jack had never been on this before and really loved it!

We then went on the Storybook boats, which had about a 20 minute wait, but was great as ever.

n509625631_3488817_8522.jpg

We then headed for POTC which said a 60 minute wait but turned out to be 45 (little did we know we'd walk on it for the rest of the trip - its all in the timing!) but it was worth it, and we both loved it! We walked around Adventure Isle for a bit and braved the Pont Suspendu which was covered in jumping french teenagers! (A bit too scary for lots of the people up there!)

We headed to frontierland to check out wait times but BTM was 90 minutes and Phantom manor 45 which we decided were too long as we had a reservation at Walts for 4.30pm. The Molly Brown was just pulling in though, so we jumped on and enjoyed the views!

Then to Walts! I absolutely LOVED it, the best food of the trip! I had the Tomato Tartar followed by the gourmet burger (which I couldn't manage half of!!) and jack stuck to the HB+ menu and had the Caesar salad, asparagus ravioli and lemon cheesecake, all of which he wolfed down and loved!

We'll definitely be back here next time!!

We headed back to SL at 5.30pm and got our key. I was very disappointed to find our room was on the 2nd floor, but we had windows across two walls and lovely views of the NBC, so I decided to leave it. I will be sending a letter in though, as I couldn't see the lake......and that was what I paid for.

6.30pm we were back in the park. As we had a while until the parade we walked around Nautilus as Jack had really enjoyed it on his previous trip, and I must say it is very well done and convincing. Squiddly was a bit disappointing though. We then settled down to watch the parade at the turrets at the fantasyland entrance. I was soon singing the song and clapping along, and waving like crazy to the princesses! What an amazing parade!!
n509625631_3488621_2377.jpg

Afterwards we headed straight to the Lion King, the crowd outside were huge so we headed into the restaurant part and got a great seat at a table in the front row, next to a charming plastic zebra family!! I thought the show was pretty good but not a touch on the proper one. LOVED Pumba though!!!

After this we headed to Frontierland where PM had only a 5 minute wait, so we headed on, then went into boot hill and found the banging tomb, which was great fun! We then waited 40 mins (sign said 35) for BTM which was WAY better than either of us had remembered.

Finally the time had come for fantillusion and the fireworks!! Both of which were perfect, and out of this world, and luckily we got t main Street in time enough to get great views in the central plaza, especially for the fireworks as we were right in front of the boogie-lumination (that's what we called it) stage!!

img0296oj8.jpg

n509625631_3488639_7139.jpg

(Our camera's firework setting made for weird pictures!!)

*Onto Day 2*

Loving your TR, sounds like you had a great first day.
I can actually picture you waving like crazy to the Princesses LOL :)

Thank you for your Trip Report.

Did you like the new Enchanted Fireworks?

They were amazing!! And the reason I am currently pricing up a december trip!! Lol. We love enchanted anyway and are having 'so close' as our first dance at our wedding, and now we love that song even more!!

They were amazing!! And the reason I am currently pricing up a december trip!! Lol. We love enchanted anyway and are having 'so close' as our first dance at our wedding, and now we love that song even more!!

I don't think they have fireworks in December, unless im wrong.:confused3

That's me miss reading the 'enchanted ceremony' thing. :-(

What a shame....:(

Well, at least we'll have florida's ones....

A great first day ~ can't wait for the next. :goodvibes

Although there's no fireworks in December, there is an Enchanted Ceremony (nothing to do with Enchanted the film) where Tinker Bell appears at the top of the castle and turns all the lights on. It is lovely to see so please don't let there not being any fireworks put you off going then.

Sounds fab!

Nice to put a face to the name (in my head you actually were Giselle lol)

aww brill report...can't wait to read more!! Thank you for sharing!:thumbsup2

On a side note, we watched 'Enchanted' the day you went on holiday! Thanks to your Avatar though I kept thinking: 'Torsie' 'Torsie' 'Torsie' all through the film (Oh God, I sound like a stalker!!)......!!!

Lovely report so far. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Love your Mickey hoodie!

Bob xoxoxox

On a side note, we watched 'Enchanted' the day you went on holiday! Thanks to your Avatar though I kept thinking: 'Torsie' 'Torsie' 'Torsie' all through the film (Oh God, I sound like a stalker!!)......!!!

Lovely report so far. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Love your Mickey hoodie!

Bob xoxoxox

Hee, thank you! Topshop!

I got the cutest Donald and Daisy t-shirt from River Island too, that I wore to Lucky Nugget (day two) incase Daisy came, but sadly she didnt.

Hee, thank you! Topshop!

I got the cutest Donald and Daisy t-shirt from River Island too, that I wore to Lucky Nugget (day two) incase Daisy came, but sadly she didnt.

Ack.... Topshop don't do things like hoodies in my size...! :sad1: Although, I have my eye on a funky Mickey T-Shirt in NEXT at the moment.... Sadly, am totally skint so it isn't going to happen quickly!!

Bob xoxox

Great 1st day, a tip to photographing fireworks is to use a tripod or set the camera on a flat stable surface:thumbsup2

glad to hear you had a good trip in, loving the top :cutie: . My gf is after one now! :goodvibes

Shame about the lake view but hopefull you won;t be spending to much time in the room to miss it anyway :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter