Topilinos or Chef Mickeys?

• Topilinos

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Chef Mickey's

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm sure this has been asked but which do you prefer for character breakfast?
I am torn because topilino would be easy for our fam as we are staying at CBR but there is something cool about the "classic" experience of chef Mickey's. And what would be the process to get to CM from CBR if that one is your preference?
What has your experience been? We are planning on going in August. Not on our first or last full day. Our kids are early risers and picky eaters ages when we travel 9, 6 and 3.
Thoughts? Or a link to any existing discussion?

I went to both back in January and while I enjoyed chef mickeys family style more then I normally do as a buffet, topolinos was still much better IMO. For me toplinos had better food, better view/atmosphere, and better character interactions/outfits.

We were at WDW early last month. I had both Topolino's and Chef Mickey's booked. I didn't want to do both and we were already going to Topolino's for dinner, so I stuck with Chef Mickey's breakfast. We've always thought it was mediocre at best, but my mom has good memories of it with all of the grandkids, and I'd heard it improved with switching to family style. NOPE! I Heard Wrong! It was such a waste of $.

I have recently eaten at both CM and Topo. Until this new 'revised' CM, I would have said Topolino's hands down. HOWEVER, with the family style breakfast, quality and quantity have skyrocketed at Chef Mickey's. The characters were FAR more interactive at Chef Mickey's than at Topolinos. Don't get me wrong...Topolino's is great...but I was blown away by the new and improved Chef Mickey's.

Attachments

• 4LtczsxsSVmUq4HTjF0LiA.jpg
    4LtczsxsSVmUq4HTjF0LiA.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 9qWCjILoR5exWURxGcoQNQ.jpg
    9qWCjILoR5exWURxGcoQNQ.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 48
  • aHqeQu3vRJmwGM5aQCgvqA.jpg
    aHqeQu3vRJmwGM5aQCgvqA.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 40
We really enjoyed the family style meal we had at CM. It was however before characters returned and only was $25 pp!

Topolino's would be my pick...if you weighing one over the other and it's close...definitely pick the one that's easiest to get to :)

We really enjoyed the family style meal we had at CM. It was however before characters returned and only was $25 pp!

same! The kids loved seeing the monorail going by. We would have never eaten here before because we hate buffets, so I'm secretly hoping this family style is here to stay

That potato casserole at CM was a HUGE hit for the whole family the hardly ever touches a casserole!!!

Chef Mickey’s has some of the worst food on property. No brainer. But I DO miss the nostalgia of the Fab Five. 🙁 Won’t go back until food improves, a LOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter