Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort - *2 New Parties Added! “Enchantment at the Top” & New “Bound to Be Bad” Dates Added

The villains theming seems a bit strange to me - although I’m honestly not sure why I feel that way. I guess with the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower retro/futuristic theming there are limited characters that would be perfectly themed (thinking Alice and Mary Poppins at VGF or Timon at AKL). I’m a new DVC direct member (just joined this year), so I don’t know if there is some type of tie to villains for DVC that I’m not aware of. I did notice from some vlogs I watched of Moonlight Magic that those had a villains theme also…

The Villains party will absolutely cost money.

As far as changing perks, TOTWL access is not part of the deeded real estate interest. Disney could close the lounge entirely and no one would have recourse via their deed.

Things like trade are related to the membership in BVTC, and have to do directly with the fractional real estate ownership. They cannot be changed whimsically.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...rs/member-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge

On the DVC website. It says you must be eligible for membership extras so it is indeed now a DVC Y perk.

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras––who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash)––may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...rs/member-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge

On the DVC website. It says you must be eligible for membership extras so it is indeed now a DVC Y perk.

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras––who are staying at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash)––may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.
That is just for the party. Down below there is asterisk the first one is for the party the 2nd one is access to the lounge.

**Access to Top of the World Lounge requires an eligible Walt Disney World Resort hotel reservation, valid photo ID, and digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card.

That is just for the party. Down below there is asterisk the first one is for the party the 2nd one is access to the lounge.

**Access to Top of the World Lounge requires an eligible Walt Disney World Resort hotel reservation, valid photo ID, and digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card.

It is not just the party. TOTWL is now only for those who are eligible for membership perks. It is under the section for more facts regarding the lounge daily.

Learn important information regarding Member eligibility, party size and more.
Accessing the Lounge
Special Access to the Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair is available to eligible Members on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. Due to the lounge’s popularity during Disney Enchantment––the Magic Kingdom fireworks––arriving as early as possible will offer Members the best chance of gaining admission to this exclusive experience.
Eligibility
Party Size
Eligible Members and their guests staying on that Member’s reservation are eligible. Each eligible Membership can enjoy Top of the World Lounge access for one party per day—which can include eligible Members and guests staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present their current MagicBand, digital Membership card and government-issued photo ID in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership eligibility.
Restrictions
No outside food or beverages may be brought in.
The lounge is subject to blockout dates, or limited access, on holidays and special event nights.
Blockout dates include:
  • July 3
  • July 4
  • December 30
  • December 31

*Requires eligibility for Membership Extras which is an incidental benefit subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee.

It is not just the party. TOTWL is now only for those who are eligible for membership perks. It is under the section for more facts regarding the lounge daily.

Learn important information regarding Member eligibility, party size and more.
Accessing the Lounge
Special Access to the Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair is available to eligible Members on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. Due to the lounge’s popularity during Disney Enchantment––the Magic Kingdom fireworks––arriving as early as possible will offer Members the best chance of gaining admission to this exclusive experience.
Eligibility
Party Size
Eligible Members and their guests staying on that Member’s reservation are eligible. Each eligible Membership can enjoy Top of the World Lounge access for one party per day—which can include eligible Members and guests staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present their current MagicBand, digital Membership card and government-issued photo ID in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership eligibility.
Restrictions
No outside food or beverages may be brought in.
The lounge is subject to blockout dates, or limited access, on holidays and special event nights.
Blockout dates include:
  • July 3
  • July 4
  • December 30
  • December 31
close Access and Eligibility drawer
Show LessEnd of Access and Eligibility drawer content
*Requires eligibility for Membership Extras which is an incidental benefit subject to availability, change or termination and may require a fee.

look at the double asterisk you just need a digital membership card. Which resale has. The party is the member benefit. And someone confirmed with DVC on the DVC fan page.

look at the double asterisk you just need a digital membership card. Which resale has. The party is the member benefit. And someone confirmed with DVC on the DVC fan page.

Yes, you need a membership card, and it says for eligible members. I am not going to argue with you. It is clear from the website that this is part of membership extras. All that language I posted is NOT For the single party. It is for daily entrance and it says it is only for those who are eligilbe for membership extras.

Matter of fact, the DVC website doesn't even mention the party.

Again, this is what it takes to access the lounge:

Eligibility

Access to the TOTWL has always required that show your member ID card. I think people are reading too much into that requirement.

Wow.. what a downgrade in every way imaginable. They made it worse and now want to charge you extra for the privilege. Very on-brand for WDW these days.

Access to the TOTWL has always required that show your member ID card. I think people are reading too much into that requirement.

Reading into which way? That just having one gets you in? Or that since resale have it? I don't think that DVC would have gone through all the trouble of using the words "eligible members" if were including everyone.

But it has never said that you had to be eligible for membership extras and now it does...you can't simply ignore that line under the eligibility for the lounge.
I am not if you look at the website the first asterisk is for the party. The 2nd is for access to the lounge. We are reading it differently. I am reading that is webpage is mostly for the party. Also, if there isnt a difference why do you need the 2nd double asterisk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter