too short!!!!!

damo

Proud Redhead
Four days, five nights is too short!!!!!!! DD and I arrived Tuesday night at about 11:30 and checked in no problem except they gave us a smoking room. Got it switched real quick and unpacked in our beautiful, huge deluxe garden view room. (2099) Took a little stroll around before filling out our room service breakfast ( two kids meals). They arrived promptly at 8:20 and were very good. We then headed over to guest service at US to get our power passes. DS and DH arrived about 10:30 am from Toronto (had to change their flights because of hockey playoffs) and we headed out to the parks. Our daily plan was IOA til noon (Hulk, Dr. Doom, Spidey, DD, Cat in the Hat, Popeye) Then over to US to do MIB many, many times. Our goal was to get 700,000. By the end of the vacation, DS had 840,000, I had 750,000, DD had 640,000 and DH had 630,000. Thanks MIB999999 for the great tips. That was the highlight of the trip.

Really enjoyed the new Poseidon's Fury show. Taylor did a great job. It is much better than the old show.

We broke Spidey while we were there on Saturday. Our breaks seized or something and there was smoke and a bad smell coming from under our car. The technicians were very quick in rescuing us and it was kind of neat to see the place with the house lights up.

MIB also broke once while we were on it. Unfortunately our scores all got cancelled and then no targets would register once the ride got going again. Talked to a guy who writes for the Rita Aero discussion board.

Used the single rider lines a lot for MIB since we found that we were shooting for each other's targets all the time. It was also fun when everyone else in the car was getting about 10,000 and we were always over 500,000. Never had to wait more than a minute or two.

Some kids tripped the system at Dudley Do-right and all the water drained out. That ride was down for a while too.

Other than that, the rides were great and the lines ( with express) were wonderful.

We ate at Mythos two times, Enchanted Oaks Tavern, Hard Rock Cafe, Margerittaville, Pastamore, Confisco's. All were about the same. Kids were disappointed that Mythos doesn't have their barbecue chicken any more.

Weather was great. We didn't use the pool but did use the shuffleboard and the ice cream parlor.

Room was cleaned when we wanted it. Twice in four days. Everyone was very nice. Check-out went very smoothly.

Any questions? Can't wait to go back in the fall for a short stay at PB.

Oh ya, Royal Pacific looks very nice.

What ice cream palor are you talking about? Is there one at HRH, if so where is it located?

There's an ice cream parlor located on the first floor to the right just before you go outside to the pool. Serves ice cream and smoothies and also serves Starbucks.

Sounds like you had a blast!! Did I read some posts by you asking about transportation from the airport to the hotel? Who did you end up using? Thanks for taking the time to post!

Isn't USO addictive!:p

We used yourride and they were great. They met us at the escalator, helped us with our luggage and were very friendly. I'd definately use them again. I was a little tentative since it was just my daughter and I travelling that night and it was about 11 pm. But everything worked out very well.

Sounds like a wonderful trip...we will be at RPR for 7 nights and are trying to decide about adding a day at WDW or switching to 4nights RPR 3nights POFQ@ wdw. Do you think staying at USO will be better than adding WDW? We went to WDW last summer and don't want to add any more park tix$...but don't want to feel like we are looking for stuff to do. We are a family of 4, DD 12 and DS7...DS is too short for many thrill rides and we have the 5 day bonus pass. Would you bother changing hotels to WDW or just drive to the park for the day? We are specifically looking at Epcot as we were monsooned out there last summer. I am afraid POFQ will seem like a let down after RPR...Both are roughly 99 p. nite.
Thanks for any help!

GREAT SCORES.

GLAD THE TIPS WERE OF HELP

it really is more fun when you are at 500,000 plus and the rest of the car is below 100,000.

:D :D

Finfan,

We could easily have stayed at HRH for 7 nights and done only Universal parks. However, our kids are teenagers, 13 and 15 and love rollercoasters and are fanatical about MIB. We did the parks for 4 days and still only went on a few rides at the Studios. We also didn't use the swimming pool but did a little shopping in the afternoon on two of the days (we're from Canada and love the hit the Florida Mall and the factory outlet).

The parks are beautiful at night and we wish we would've been able to enjoy them every night but the park closed early during the week.

My kids wanted to go to Sea World to ride the coaster there but we couldn't fit it in.

So, it's very hard to judge for another family. If you need to be busy all the time then you'll probably need to do some Disney. If you are there to relax, then you'll be fine. Ask your kids how important it is to do Disney. My kids would rather not.

MIB,

Love that sound of hitting the exhaust port!! CHHHH Ching!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter