Toddler Ear Muffs

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
I'm starting to wonder if I should consider sometype of ear muffs for DS (2 1/2). I remember WDW as being very loud and he could get scared just from that. Has anyone tried ear muffs? I did a web search and found junior ear muffs but I don't think I could get them delieved on time. DH has adult ear muffs, but what I was really hoping to find was something that would reduce the sound without muffling it past recognition. I know there are musician ear plugs, but I don't think DS would keep them in his ears. Any tips?

Thanks

We're taking an 18 month old and i wonder if the earmuffs wouldnt help on the plane as well as there.. im glad you brought it up.. gives us something to think about.. looks like we're both from Mass. and both leaving the 29th? we (7 of us) leaving from Green Arpt and staying at HIFS 11/29-12/8.:bounce:

Originally posted by weary traveler
We're taking an 18 month old and i wonder if the earmuffs wouldnt help on the plane as well as there.. im glad you brought it up.. gives us something to think about.. looks like we're both from Mass. and both leaving the 29th? we (7 of us) leaving from Green Arpt and staying at HIFS 11/29-12/8.:bounce:

We're flying from Logan and staying our first night at Sierra Suites and then 5 nights at POR and then the last 3 nights at Doubletree Castle (near Universal). Maybe we'll see you :) Are you doing MVMCP? We'll be there on the 3rd.

My DD, age 5, was very afraid of the fireworks - she said they were too loud. She used to cry when she heard them go off. When we were getting ready for a Dec trip, and I knew we'd be doing Illuminations, as well as MVMCP, I found kids ear muffs at WalMart - I think they were only about $2.00. They are adjustable to fit any size. I bought them for her and assured her that she wouldn't be afraid anymore. Right before Illuminations started, she put her ear muffs on and she really was fine. I talked with her and she heard me clearly. I think they just help muffle the loudness of the fireworks. Now she never forgets to pack her ear muffs - BTW, that was my DD at Illuminations with her ear muffs on in the summer!!! Hey - she was a happy girl and whatever works...

Since it's winter time, it should be easy to find some ear muffs intended for warmth but that would muffle the loudness without completely blocking out everything.

My kids have the real ear protection kind of ear muffs because we are at the drag strip a lot. They wear them like champs. The funny thing is that my 8 year old started bringing them in the car and wearing them to bed at night (girls share a room) so she wouldn't have to listen to her annoying brother and sister anymore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter