• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Sounds like you've got to get faster or move cities... LOL!

Here's Madison's big half marathon in August:

F30-34
View attachment 219464

F35-39
View attachment 219463

So a lot less competition for top 10 and still 240-250 women per division.

Sorry for not replying, I was on a ski trip. It was going to coincide with my recovery week for my bagged half, so I was ok with no treadmill in the cabin. Saw someone running in the snow and was jealous, but I've been so laid low with exhaustion that I don't think I could have run if I wanted to. If I wasn't stuffing my face with food, I was sleeping. So anyways! My AG is 35-39 and about 250 women were in it. 1:31:20 would have placed 7th. There was a nice ratio of men (1972) and women (1757). I'm surprised that my town has so many fast runners in it, since it's on the smaller side compared to nearby cities. But I think I see some of the fast women on one of my local trails (they seem to have their own group of 2-3), and their easy conversational pace is my speed pace!

Oh, and happy belated b day to GiGi from a fellow Aquarius! She had a much more fun birthday! I barely ran 2 miles and literally slept the rest of the day. :(

Sorry for not replying, I was on a ski trip. It was going to coincide with my recovery week for my bagged half, so I was ok with no treadmill in the cabin. Saw someone running in the snow and was jealous, but I've been so laid low with exhaustion that I don't think I could have run if I wanted to. If I wasn't stuffing my face with food, I was sleeping. So anyways!

LOL, no worries! Sounds like a nice trip!

My AG is 35-39 and about 250 women were in it. 1:31:20 would have placed 7th. There was a nice ratio of men (1972) and women (1757). I'm surprised that my town has so many fast runners in it, since it's on the smaller side compared to nearby cities. But I think I see some of the fast women on one of my local trails (they seem to have their own group of 2-3), and their easy conversational pace is my speed pace!

Yea, I'd say something must be in the water out there in CA. That's a crazy fast group of ladies. Crazy to see other runners easily glide by at speed paces for us.

Oh, and happy belated b day to GiGi from a fellow Aquarius! She had a much more fun birthday! I barely ran 2 miles and literally slept the rest of the day. :(

Thanks! I think she had a fun two days! Happy birthday to you as well (whenever it was/is).

Happy Birthday to GiGi! I love that sign and her deal!!! Kid's and what they say are the best!

Thanks! I made the sign on the computer, then put chalk on the back of the print-out, then taped it to the board and traced the lettering, then removed the printout and write over the chalk with marker. Makes a pretty cool do-it-yourself. She's such a goof with her deals. When we first started making them they were even and quite good deals. Now she is pushing the boundary to see what deals she can get away with and they're borderline ridiculous sometimes. Such a funny kid!

That looks like an awesome birthday party! 3 was such a fun year for us, so I hope you guys have a blast this year. Just wait until you see the big difference between 3 and 4...it's pretty crazy how much they grow up in one year (sometimes I want to tell mine to stop!!!! and then I get excited every time she does something new....so conflicted!!)

I don't have any Gisela's in my family but we do have an fave Ariel doll that has been dubbed Giselle because of the Enchanted movie. I'm not sure if that counts.

That looks like an awesome birthday party!

Thanks!

3 was such a fun year for us, so I hope you guys have a blast this year.

Interesting, can't wait. I will say the toys are much more interesting to play with now. We got a STEM toy with monkeys and gears. It's been pretty fun thus far.

Just wait until you see the big difference between 3 and 4...it's pretty crazy how much they grow up in one year (sometimes I want to tell mine to stop!!!! and then I get excited every time she does something new....so conflicted!!)

I always enjoy going back and watching old videos. At those moments in time I was always like wow look my kid is doing now. I look back a year later and say WOW LOOK WHAT MY KID IS DOING NOW. I can only imagine I'll start to have that feeling of growing up too fast.

I don't have any Gisela's in my family but we do have an fave Ariel doll that has been dubbed Giselle because of the Enchanted movie. I'm not sure if that counts.

We'll count it! :thumbsup2:grouphug:

That looks like an awesome birthday party! 3 was such a fun year for us, so I hope you guys have a blast this year. Just wait until you see the big difference between 3 and 4...it's pretty crazy how much they grow up in one year (sometimes I want to tell mine to stop!!!! and then I get excited every time she does something new....so conflicted!!)

I just love age three! And I'm with you on wanting to tell them to stop - especially now that the older two are like, men! How did this happen? Weird!

The Gigi pictures are just way too cute and the valentine is adorable! Mateojr just delivered a chocolate heart valentine to a little girl down the street, and while I'm not generally a valentine's fan, all the kid stuff is over-the-top cute!

Yesterday's Cupid Shuffle - we both ran, no PRs for either, and mateojr came in 6th in age group. That would be fun, except he complained most of the time and then exclaimed "I love running with Mom!!" immediately afterwards. Love to run with him, but not if he's going to scream as if I kidnapped him and forced him to run a 5K! Up next: Luck O the Irish 5K in March. (Although I'm considering a 5K in Sheboygan before then.)

Also, nearly completed registration for Lakefront. Closed tab. Then nearly completed registration for Lakefront. Closed tab. Maybe if @roxymama registers for Dopey tomorrow, I'll be inspired to complete my Lakefront registration! :)

I just love age three! And I'm with you on wanting to tell them to stop - especially now that the older two are like, men! How did this happen? Weird!

I'm excited, but I'm trying to cherish the time now. Only 1/6 of the way to college.... (It bugs Steph when I say things like that... :P )

The Gigi pictures are just way too cute and the valentine is adorable! Mateojr just delivered a chocolate heart valentine to a little girl down the street, and while I'm not generally a valentine's fan, all the kid stuff is over-the-top cute!

Thanks! Way to go Mateojr!

Yesterday's Cupid Shuffle - we both ran, no PRs for either, and mateojr came in 6th in age group. That would be fun, except he complained most of the time and then exclaimed "I love running with Mom!!" immediately afterwards. Love to run with him, but not if he's going to scream as if I kidnapped him and forced him to run a 5K! Up next: Luck O the Irish 5K in March. (Although I'm considering a 5K in Sheboygan before then.)

LOL, at kidnapping your son to run the 5k! I have to imagine the wind was brutal as well and made it less enjoyable for him. Congrats to mateojr and his 6th place!

Also, nearly completed registration for Lakefront.

:woohoo:

Closed tab.

:sad1:

Then nearly completed registration for Lakefront.

party:

Closed tab.

:sad:

Maybe if @roxymama registers for Dopey tomorrow, I'll be inspired to complete my Lakefront registration! :)

popcorn::

::yes::

Happy Birthday G! Seriously, 3 is the best age!!

Thanks! Wow, sounds like lots of :thumbsup2 for the age 3. I guess we'll see what happens. Last night we discussed monsters and the dark. And interesting paradigm.

I read this article on Noah Droddy, and he credits Hanson's for his improvement!

http://www.runnersworld.com/next-le...3202&md5hash=6ea1e66a137337eda7b681f1fb75fec9

Loved that guy at the Olympic Qualifying. Looks like he is referring to a different Hansen though (Richard) vs Keith and Kevin Hanson.

Happy late birthday to the little one! Looks like a good time was had. You have a great looking family. The more I read your journal the more I notice that in life we are very similar. lol DD turned 3 in November and she is a blast. I never knew having kids would be so much fun. I was mowing the lawn Friday and when I was finishing up DW and DD came outside to play. She has the bubble wand that plays music and sends out 100's of bubbles. It plays a song from the little mermaid I think, well DD is running around with bubbles flying everywhere yelling "This is the best day ever!!!!". Fun times.

I thought it was Droopy sign up today?
s-l1000.jpg

Happy late birthday to the little one!

Thanks!

Looks like a good time was had. You have a great looking family.

Thanks! It was a fun two-day birthday party!

The more I read your journal the more I notice that in life we are very similar. lol DD turned 3 in November and she is a blast. I never knew having kids would be so much fun. I was mowing the lawn Friday and when I was finishing up DW and DD came outside to play. She has the bubble wand that plays music and sends out 100's of bubbles. It plays a song from the little mermaid I think, well DD is running around with bubbles flying everywhere yelling "This is the best day ever!!!!". Fun times.

It's definitely fun to get that feedback and interaction. We most definitely also have the Little Mermaid bubble wand too.

I thought it was Droopy sign up today?
s-l1000.jpg

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter