To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Well, geez, that totally made we well up! :sad:

You're an inspiration, man! Now go out there and kill it!!!

Thanks!

I say boo to the nay sayers from to your list, and as I got down to the last 3, it was so touching. Family support is so important and you've got an amazing family! Add me to the people who have something in their eye! :sad:

Thanks!

Have a great race!

Thanks!

Have a great race Billy!

Thanks!

Good luck tomorrow! If you run out of things to think about, thinking about a post-race beer or four is always helpful.

The following is what I'll be thinking of...

-I'll be thinking about the time someone told me I couldn't run a marathon.
-I'll be thinking about the time my coach me I was too slow and shouldn't be on the track team.
-I'll be thinking about how my friends didn't think I could do this. How I was wasting my time. How they thought my running was annoying. How they alienated me because I started running. How I haven't spoken to any of them in years.
-I'll be thinking about when I used to struggle to walk up the stairs at work. Huffing, puffing...
-I'll be thinking about when my doctor told me I needed to turn my life around otherwise I was headed to an early grave.
-I'll be thinking about my first marathon and how much of a struggle that really was.
-I'll be thinking about this past winter when I ran in -25 degrees.
-I'll be thinking about this past summer when I ran in a T+D of 165.
-I'll be thinking about how I ran in snow, lightning, rain, wind, sun, clouds, sleet, ice, birds (huh?).
-I'll be thinking about how I came up wth the most aggressive 6-day a week, no doubles, max at 2.5 hour training plan I could conceive.
-I'll be thinking about the person who stole my water bottles. And then put them back.
-I'll be thinking about bike steamer girl and our impromptu race. Vroom Vroom...
-I'll be thinking about all of those great training sessions.
-I'll be thinking about all of those awful crash and burn training sessions.
-I'll be thinking about how I get the privilege to run a race. It's a luxury.
-I'll be thinking about my jury trial. The things those people went through on a daily basis. The situations they were in. The lives they live. The deep deep sadness. The eye-opening experience that was.
-I'll be thinking about the injured running folks on here. How they would thankfully trade their "pain" for my "pain" if it meant they got to race.
-I'll be thinking about the amazing accomplishments all of you have done this past year. Massive PRs. New times. New distances. 5Ks, 10Ks, HMs, Ms, Triathlons, Ironman
-I'll be thinking about how you guys will be watching, waiting for splits, cheering me on, even though we barely know each other, you guys still care so much.
-I'll be thinking about how many weekdays I asked my MIL to stay late so I could get a run in, or come on the weekend so I could get a run in. I've got to make all this training worth those favors.
-I'll be thinking about my wife. All she has done for me in our lives, in this training session, every night making dinner, taking care of G, being an absolute rock star 24/7. Putting up with my constant training.
-Lastly and most importantly, I'll be thinking about G. I'll remind myself no matter how race day goes: good, bad, amazing, awful. When I finish the race, she'll run up to me, give me hugs and kisses, and tell me "Congratulations!" She doesn't care how it goes. She's just proud of her dad. That's why I do this. Because one day I can tell G, "Don't ever let anyone tell you, you can't do something. Set your own limits. If you want it, PROVE IT, by doing what is necessary to get it!"

You may need to prioritize these since you won't be on the course long enough to get through this many thoughts. ;)

Enjoy tomorrow!!

Hitting us right in the feels! We are all really proud of you and you aren't even at the start line yet! Nothing that happens tomorrow will change that what you've done up to this point is really awesome. You Got This!

Mile 1 is for GiGi...
image.jpg

And since you will be awake before me...here's the final pic I chose for you...
image.jpg

Hitting us right in the feels! We are all really proud of you and you aren't even at the start line yet! Nothing that happens tomorrow will change that what you've done up to this point is really awesome. You Got This!

Mile 1 is for GiGi...
View attachment 198177

And since you will be awake before me...here's the final pic I chose for you...
View attachment 198179

Thank you!

GiGi is my little "Iron Girl"

And well done on finding a Lakefront Marathon pic! Guess that means it's time to do this thing!

Well, this is a coincidence! Just finished my 15-mile training run, drinking my chocolate milk, wearing my irongirl triathlon shirt and watching Badger game! Love your list of race thoughts - that's a great idea for all of us before races and during training season. I have friends running tomorrow, so planning to walk a block and spectate! Good luck!

Luck (not that you need it) is where preparation meets opportunity. You've prepared for this. You've trained for this. Now comes the moment when you succeed at this.

I served a mission for my church in Russia, so I'll share a famous Russian proverb wishing someone success in an upcoming venture. "Not a bird, nor a fish." For obvious reasons it's much better for running than the English version.

The Force is with you.

Well, this is a coincidence! Just finished my 15-mile training run, drinking my chocolate milk, wearing my irongirl triathlon shirt and watching Badger game! Love your list of race thoughts - that's a great idea for all of us before races and during training season. I have friends running tomorrow, so planning to walk a block and spectate! Good luck!

LOL! Kindred spirits! What mile marker? I'll try and keep an eye out for you. I'll be wearing my Hansons jersey from my profile pic. Thanks!

Luck (not that you need it) is where preparation meets opportunity. You've prepared for this. You've trained for this. Now comes the moment when you succeed at this.

I served a mission for my church in Russia, so I'll share a famous Russian proverb wishing someone success in an upcoming venture. "Not a bird, nor a fish." For obvious reasons it's much better for running than the English version.

The Force is with you.

Thanks!

yoda-force.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter