To Go or Not To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they still have the plexiglass up in the ride lines?
There is still some plexiglass up in certain areas- for example Toy Story or TSMM only had it up the stairs to the ride- not in the rest of the queue. In some rides it seems to only be at the internal tap points for FP. Small World had it up in the entire queue.

Do they still have the plexiglass up in the ride lines?
My recollections from last week - they had plexiglass in MMRR only in the very last part of the line (after you exit the pre-show and are waiting to board), Gran Fiesta had them up, I think I remember them in BTMR as well. This isn't a comprehensive list because we skipped many rides but these are the ones I remember!

Sorry what is CS? I'm wondering about Le Cellier as I have heard they were packed in pretty tight before.

CS = Counter Service (quick service type places)
TS = Table Service (this would be Le Cellier type places)

I’m thinking about popping into Epcot today after my son’s haircut. I haven’t been to a park in almost a month. DH and I were discussing just walking around for exercise and checking out the park.

Be sure to checked the Here Now just Back thread about today and recent visits.

CS = Counter Service (AKA quick service)

Le Cellier is table service, but a small space in general

Okay thank you. I knew it was a smaller restaurant, but I"m hoping they don't have guests sitting right next to each other

Okay thank you. I knew it was a smaller restaurant, but I"m hoping they don't have guests sitting right next to each other
I think at this point most Disney restaurants have returned to pre-pandemic seating...i.e. they are indeed seating guests very close together.

Question - if you are canceling now when are you rescheduling? We are going in November and I’m waiting it out… We can change tickets and flights and do whatever we need to so I’m going to keep good thoughts for everyone here and in Florida. I know the vaccine will keep us from getting very sick but knowing we could feel fine and still spread the virus is not ok with me. 3 months is a long time and I hope things get better for everyone.

Do you all get the sense that a lot of people are postponing now? Just for kicks I checked hotel availability for a couple weekends from now and there is way more availability than when I last checked for then just a week or so ago.

For those that are still deciding: I just rescheduled by pushing all the way back to August 3-10, 2022. Had no issues with Disney. They did end up having to cancel the old reservation, because I had a discount that they couldn't take off and move, but they did so and moved my payment to the new reservation. It only took them 2 minutes to answer the call. The actually cancelling and rebooking took longer due to needed to include guest services.

I was also able to move my flights on Frontier and PAY NOTHING. I've moved these flights twice in a week and the online system isn't charging me change fees for some reason. These flights were originally from 2020. So there is hope about not eating flights.

Do you all get the sense that a lot of people are postponing now? Just for kicks I checked hotel availability for a couple weekends from now and there is way more availability than when I last checked for then just a week or so ago.
I think it started with people not wanting to wear masks at all and now it's including people like me who have decided the (very small probably) risk isn't worth it on top of the diminished experience. I do hope it helps finally calm down the crazy crowds/lines that some have been reporting. I think that has already started with cancellations and school.

I'm scheduled to leave this Saturday for a solo trip. I've debated internally and talked things over with my husband. In the end, I'm going. I'm fully vaccinated, as is my husband. We don't have children. I work in a school and when I booked this trip there were still travel restrictions in place, with no end in sight here in NH, so I actually have nearly two weeks between my return home and my return to work because I scheduled with built in quarantine time.

I am making some adjustments to my trip plans. I won't be seeing the Lion King show this trip and I won't be headed off-site to Krispy Kreme for my free vaccine doughnut. I'll stay in the Disney bubble (with the exception of my day at Aquatica) because while compliance may not be great, mask wearing is probably better in Disney than elsewhere in Orlando. I had already planned to mask indoors before Disney brought that requirement back. I've also made some adjustments to my plans for the days after my trip, out of am abundance of caution. But I'm going.

If I had unvaccinated children in my house, my answer would be different, based on my current comfort level. But it's a solo trip and I'm in a fully vaccinated household.

Well, just finished canceling our late September trip. I called Disney about getting a refund for our Boo Bash tickets on September 24 and was told that we could not get a refund but that a credit for the tickets amount would be available for our next Disney trip. Also spent 30 minutes on hold trying to cancel the Universal portion and when I finally got through was told their system was down and I had to call back tomorrow.

I haven't canceled our early September trip yet, but it's a matter of time. Even being fully vaccinated and wearing a mask inside and most of the time outside, this just can't be a good idea. I checked the Orange County, FL covid cases a couple days ago and it was in the extremely high range and also spiking straight up. I'll wait and see a little longer, but I'm only anticipating one way this will go. At least it's my first round of canceling.

I haven't canceled our early September trip yet, but it's a matter of time. Even being fully vaccinated and wearing a mask inside and most of the time outside, this just can't be a good idea. I checked the Orange County, FL covid cases a couple days ago and it was in the extremely high range and also spiking straight up. I'll wait and see a little longer, but I'm only anticipating one way this will go. At least it's my first round of canceling.
One of my factors was the dramatic increase in hospitalizations as well. DD has only had her first shot and while she SHOULD be safe, we just aren't going to take the risk when we are so close to being as safe as possible.

I canceled an October solo trip. I'm vaccinated and I don't mind wearing a mask. The diminished experience is what killed the excitement for me. I enjoy bouncing from park to park and never really planning anything. Everything now involves too much planning ahead. Park reservations, having to wait till 2 to hop, and mobile dining just doesn't thrill me.

I canceled an October solo trip. I'm vaccinated and I don't mind wearing a mask. The diminished experience is what killed the excitement for me. I enjoy bouncing from park to park and never really planning anything. Everything now involves too much planning ahead. Park reservations, having to wait till 2 to hop, and mobile dining just doesn't thrill me.
There's far less planning needed now IMO than there was before. Now is the perfect time to go if you don't like planning.

I think so, yeah. I just looked at DVC studio availability for September through the member portal and there is a lot more availability than there was last week. Last week you were hard pressed to find 1 night available the entire month and now you wouldn't have too much of an issue.

There's far less planning needed now IMO than there was before. Now is the perfect time to go if you don't like planning.
Hmm. I thought the planning was about the same, but different. We never previously planned our park visits each day other than the first day, which was always MK. Now I had to reserve parks each day, and try to figure out where I'd want to be in the morning. Anyway, since we aren't going until next year now I hope not to have to worry about that piece next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter