Tips for Rainy days?

GeoffM24

Mouseketeer
Well it looks like the weather will be cool for my trip this Thur through Sunday but also rainy.

What do you wear for gear? I'm thinking about just wearing some board shorts and maybe some sandals (Worried about blisters though). Heck if I'm going to get wet I might as well be ready for it!

Will a poncho even make a difference if it is going to rain all day?

Thanks
-Geoff

I wore jeans ( as it was kind of chilly) and a lightweight rain jacket. If it's going to be warm and rainy I think your idea of an outfit sounds great!

It rained during almost our whole trip to WDW last month. We had a few hours of being dry in the mornings, and that was it. We wore shorts with teva sandals and the plastic rain ponchos. DS 6.5yo did develop blisters and wore socks and gym shoes during the last couple of days. His socks actually mildewed from being wet all day and then not drying in the air conditioned hotel room at night.:rolleyes:

Hi,

It rained off and on all week when we went recently. We had good luck with the Nike Straprunners II which could be wet all day without any blisters. One day we changed to tennies and regretted it. At the last minute I threw in a lightweight Eddie Bauer rain jacket. It beat the ponchos by a MILE for being easy to put on and take off for intermittant rain/chillyness. It had a hood that stayed put and packed up about as small as a poncho. I bought it at Target. Next time we go I will have more than one. My daughter liked it and I had to give it to her:rolleyes: !

Our plan this year (September - the rainy season) is to take lots of throw away ponchos that we will keep in our fanny packs. These are great for those unexpected showers and for the water rides (Splash Mountain, Kali, etc.)

We will also take another set of ponchos (more sturdy) to keep in the room and take if the weather is really rainy.

Also, I like to wear shorts each day. It can get pretty cold when it rains, but I'm pretty hot natured.

I'm also considering wearing some of those water shoes (instead of walking around in wet tennis shoes and socks).

Cris

One warning about jeans. We wore them on a wet humid day and got very wet. Our jeans never dried! We found it better to wear shorts or capris and add a sweatshirt or jacket for warmth if need.

Ponchos will make a difference -- to a point. I like the idea of multiple throw aways. They are lighter weight than the Mickey ponchos. If it is humid and muggy (well -- it IS central FL), the Mickey ponchos make me too hot -- especially if I use the hood. I take my own anorak -- but even those can get soaked to the point they aren't water repellent any more. I also use a ball cap instead of the hood unless it is really pouring. Small umbrellas can be a good idea, too.

One more tip -- the AK or SeaWorld is a wonderful place to be in the rain. Crowds thin out and the animals are more active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter