• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips For Maximizing The Fun at Grand Californian

darkacre

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Grand Californian for a few days soon. We are very well familiar with Disneyland and DCA, but we've not stayed at the Grand Californian before. Are there any cool secrets or can't miss fun things to see or do? We are traveling with two grade school aged girls.

I would love to know some more "insider" information about GC! We will be staying there Oct. 31st- Nov. 4th, me, my aunt, and my 3 kids 8, 9, & 10.

There are lots of cool little extras you get when you stay at GCH--so much that we weren't able to take advantage of all them.

A couple that we liked--storytelling by the fire in the lobby, the free Arts & Craft tour of the hotel, the napkin folding workshop (!), early morning walk through DCA, the scavenger hunt.

Every day you get a newsletter detailing what is available. Wanted to (but had no time to!) do the early entry to Build-a-Bear.

We stayed at GCH last Oct for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. During your turn down service, a sheet of activities offerred for the following day will be placed on your bed or nghtstand. This sheet will detail all of the activities open to guests of GCH. My kids (then 4&7) enjoyed the "grand adventure" which was a treasure hunt. Just like disneyochem mentioned, there's also storytelling by the hearth, early entrances to build a bear and sephora (has a cost which $value is redeemable for merchandise), brisk walk through DCA before it opens. And of course the pool with it's slides. We loved grabbing a late lunch (around 2pm) at Whitewater Snacks and eating it at the pool while we took our afternoon break. My ds is also a big eater while there rest of us aren't so we liked that he could order the buffet while we ordered off the menu at Storyteller's for breakfast. We also used vacation planning to send up treats to our room at the end of the day(additional cost). My kids loved heading back to our room after a day at the park to see what treats were left by Mickey and friends. With 2 grade school girls, I'd also recommend having them lock up the minibar and requesting an extra fridge. We also had a bunkbed room and my kids loved it. We've requested it again for our Aug trip. Have a great time.

Oh yes, my goodness, ask for the bar refrigerator to be locked and have a new refrig delivered!! With small kids, the temptation is just too much....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter