tipping

Can imagine my DD face if I said at Disney, "Now we are going do our clothes washing so the pool and theme parks will have to wait!!" :rotfl::rotfl:

Can imagine my DD face if I said at Disney, "Now we are going do our clothes washing so the pool and theme parks will have to wait!!" :rotfl::rotfl:
i dont know about all disney resorts but at fort wilderness the washing machines are by the pool well the small pool by the cabins atleast) handy take the kids for a wash and do their clothes at the same time. which i thought was a good place for them :laundy:
dave rach and the girls

At every hotel I have ever stayed at, the washing machines and driers were within 1 minute walk of the pool. Put washing in. Return to pool for 30 minutes. Move washing to drier. Return to pool for an hour. Job done. :confused3

At every hotel I have ever stayed at, the washing machines and driers were within 1 minute walk of the pool. Put washing in. Return to pool for 30 minutes. Move washing to drier. Return to pool for an hour. Job done. :confused3

okay, you try getting a 7 year old out the pool to put washing in a machine while they are on holiday, more hassel than it is worth.:rotfl:

okay, you try getting a 7 year old out the pool to put washing in a machine while they are on holiday, more hassel than it is worth.:rotfl:

Well just take them to the laundry room before you put them in the pool, and pick the clothes up on the way back to the room? :confused3

Personally I'd say the hassle of dragging a 7 year old and a shed load of luggage through the airport etc. is more hassle than 5 minutes in the laundry room...like I said, we travel with backpacks and that cuts out a lot of hassle at the airport, waiting for baggage etc. We're literally in the car on the way home within 20 minutes of landing back in the country...

Well just take them to the laundry room before you put them in the pool, and pick the clothes up on the way back to the room? :confused3

Personally I'd say the hassle of dragging a 7 year old and a shed load of luggage through the airport etc. is more hassle than 5 minutes in the laundry room...like I said, we travel with backpacks and that cuts out a lot of hassle at the airport, waiting for baggage etc. We're literally in the car on the way home within 20 minutes of landing back in the country...

I take one big case with everything we need for our whole stay, not that it matters:) I couldn't be doing with washing, It would just stress me out, I wouldn't want to wash my DD dresses there as I would worry they would get ruined.

I am converted holiday laundry fiend!!

I used to take huge cases with everything we needed for the fortnight! After several bag cramming, check-in trauma, laundry free holidays I saw the light!

We now take about five outfits each. That is it. I take one case with clothes and two almost empty cases. That leaves loads of room for shopping!!!:banana:

I do laundry about every third day, letting hubby and DD play in the pool while I pop back and forwards. It is really no problem.

It also avoids the horrid, huge bag of washing when we get home:laundy:.

(Sometimes my husband will tip me for this service....just kidding....had to get back on topic somehow!!:laughing:)

next year we are staying at SSR and we have a washer and ddryer in the appt!! im so excited!
we always change am and pm, so will need 14 outfits for 1 week:scared1:
i just find after the parks in the am we are hot and sweaty and its nice to change, so that and 2-3 swim costumes each, 5 of us should do 2 suitcases... thats brill for us, yes we are the family with all those suitcases you were talking about!!
i admire you for just doing backpacks, but with 3 smallish kids and medical equipment for ds, we couldnt do that, maybe when they are older...
tracy

okay, you try getting a 7 year old out the pool to put washing in a machine while they are on holiday, more hassle than it is worth.:rotfl:

It's simple at the HRH, come late night, once back from wherever, place the clothes in the washing machine, come back 50 mins later and place in the dryer, an hour later all is done. No hassle whatsover.

It's simple at the HRH, come late night, once back from wherever, place the clothes in the washing machine, come back 50 mins later and place in the dryer, an hour later all is done. No hassle whatsover.

It may be easy for you and others however I would have to take my DD with me and she isn't going to to want to go to a washing machine and back again.:)

It may be easy for you and others however I would have to take my DD with me and she isn't going to to want to go to a washing machine and back again.:)

I'd venture, having a 7 year old DD and a 3 yr old disabled son, who can't walk or eat is quite difficult also..

I take one big case with everything we need for our whole stay, not that it matters:) I couldn't be doing with washing, It would just stress me out, I wouldn't want to wash my DD dresses there as I would worry they would get ruined.

I can see your point here as i've had a few garments go really faded/worn looking after being in those US dryers, plus some stuff has still come out stained/marked from the washers. Never had these problems with my machine here in the UK so while I do some laundry over there I tend to take enough clothes that I don't need to more than a couple of times over a 2-3 week trip. I'm considering taking some washing tablets from the UK though as Tide doesn't seem to be working for me! ;)

Yet you've taken her to a destination where waiting in line makes up a good portion of the day?! ;)

I get it's not for everyone but really, stuffing some laundry in a machine isn't a military operation and it DOES save on a lot of hassle (and indeed a lot of washing when you've just got home and are jet lagged).

I'd venture, having a 7 year old DD and a 3 yr old disabled son, who can't walk or eat is quite difficult also..

You're the one who said it was easy for you to do a wash there, not me!

Anyway who cares if I do clothes or not, I said in a lighthearted way that my DD wouldn't like going to the washing machines earlier hence the :rotfl::rotfl: . I have my reasons for not doing a wash as people have theres for doing one.

Yet you've taken her to a destination where waiting in line makes up a good portion of the day?! ;)

I get it's not for everyone but really, stuffing some laundry in a machine isn't a military operation and it DOES save on a lot of hassle (and indeed a lot of washing when you've just got home and are jet lagged).

lol, we haven't waited in long lines, actually my DD is usually the one who insists on waiting in long lines, honestly she'd think nothing of waiting for Dumbo for an hour, I would rather do washing than stand in a queue for Dumbo for an hour. :rotfl:

Thought this thread was about tipping not the members of the DIS's holiday laundry habits! :confused3
:lmao:

Incidently we launder in the villa, when we stayed in a hotel this year DH got up at 6am to go and do the laundry while me and the kids slept, he then had it all dry and folded by the time we got up! and yes I did tip him! ;) :goodvibes

You're the one who said it was easy for you to do a wash there, not me!

Anyway who cares if I do clothes or not, I said in a lighthearted way that my DD wouldn't like going to the washing machines earlier hence the :rotfl::rotfl: . I have my reasons for not doing a wash as people have theres for doing one.

My point is, if we can do it with my son's needs and find it easy, it should be a breeze for you. Any way I'm bored now.

There's a lot of tight people on this thread. Discuss....

That should get it back on track :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter