Tipping at OKW??

mkrbdj

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how people work tipping at DVC resorts?

We will be staying 3 nights and will get no mousekeeping, except before we arrive and after.

Thanks
Kathy

Do oyu mean tipping housekeeping? If you get no service from them during your stay, why would you tip them?

If you mean tipping in general, well, I give the bell staff the same as I would give them at any other resort. I give the servers in the restaurant the tip I would give any server, based on their service.

If I requested something special from Housekeeping (ie-an extra coffeemaker, which we have been knwon to do) I tip the person who brings it to my room.

If you're only staying 3 nights at OKW, then you will not get a midweek T&T service. But I'm not certain whether you are staying on cash or points (and points includes renting from a DVC Member). If you're paying cash, you will get daily mousekeeping and in this case, I'd leave a couple $ each day.

If staying on points, we normally leave a tip the day we check out for mousekeeping. The amount of the tip depends on the size of the unit.
Studio : $2-$3
1 Bed: $4-$5
2 Bed: $8-$10
This is just our rule-of-thumb. Have a nice stay :)

Even on the shortest DVC point stays, there's one full cleaning associated with your stay. You can either think of it as the cleaning that took place before you checked in (cleaning up to have the villa ready for you) or the cleaning that will take place when you check out (cleaning up after you).

I'm sure that some DVC guests leave a tip for housekeeping on check-out day, and others do not.

Unlike sub-minimum-wage hospitality cast members — such as bellman, valet parking attendants, and dining room servers — for whom tips are the bulk of their income (and for whom tips are expected), housekeepers are not officially in such a "tipped position." But housekeepers still work awfully hard for fairly low wages.

We tend to leave some cash on the master bedroom pillow on check-out day.

Short answer: Tip housekeeping if you want to, not because you have to.

Thanks for all the input - just trying to find out the ins and outs. We are new DVC members and also taking a cruise prior to this stay!

Kathy

Horace Horsecollar said:
Even on the shortest DVC point stays, there's one full cleaning associated with your stay. You can either think of it as the cleaning that took place before you checked in (cleaning up to have the villa ready for you) or the cleaning that will take place when you check out (cleaning up after you).
We tend to leave some cash on the master bedroom pillow on check-out day.
Short answer: Tip housekeeping if you want to, not because you have to.
We like to leave tips. We usually stay at least 5 days & do cooking, which does make a difference. There are always some leftover supplies hanging around. There must be stove, fridge, micro to clean as well as other typical room cleaning.
I like to think we are far from oinkers :teeth: We do collect the trash, sort dirty towels & strip the bedding & vacuum. It doesn't kill us, but neither do we have little ones to contend with. So far all the Mousekeepers, both DVC & other WDW resorts we have chatted with, have all offered us extra towels soaps etc.
For the 4 of us--inc FIL--we tip $5.00 per day

Jean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter