Timing for Monorail from Polynesian to Magic Kingdom

auntangi

Earning My Ears
My husband and I will be visiting WDW in February and are staying at The Polynesian. We have dining reservations at Be Our Guest at 8:35 am and on that day, MK is currently scheduled to open at 9:00 and it is not an extra magic hours day at MK. I have noticed lines for boarding in the past and we want to make sure we allow enough time to use the Monorail for our transportation. What time should we plan on being in line for the Monorail to arrive at MK around 8:20? Thanks for your help and feedback!

I would try to catch the monorail on first trip out to MK. Remember, you are going to have to go through 2 security check points; the first at the Poly to get on the monorail and again when you get to MK.

My husband and I will be visiting WDW in February and are staying at The Polynesian. We have dining reservations at Be Our Guest at 8:35 am and on that day, MK is currently scheduled to open at 9:00 and it is not an extra magic hours day at MK. I have noticed lines for boarding in the past and we want to make sure we allow enough time to use the Monorail for our transportation. What time should we plan on being in line for the Monorail to arrive at MK around 8:20? Thanks for your help and feedback!
I would arrive at the MK way before 8:20. You have to walk from the Monorail to the gate area; go through bag check; go through Security and then walk all the way to BOG. This will all take more than 15 minutes.

I would arrive at the MK way before 8:20. You have to walk from the Monorail to the gate area; go through bag check; go through Security and then walk all the way to BOG. This will all take more than 15 minutes.

Bag check and security is now at the Poly monorail station or the TTC. You don’t go through security at MK.

The first resort monorail is around 7:00.

Agree that you probably should plan on an earlier arrival time at MK. I would try to be there by 8:00 to 8:10. In my experience, if you arrive to BOG slightly before your reservation, they will let you in early. I would probably be walking to the monorail by 7:20. Lately I’ve found lots of delays with the monorail, including a time last month when we sat at MK for almost 20 minutes while they powered off and reset the monorail we were on (yellow). If you end up with extra time at MK before your reservation, take some photos on Main Street!

I also would arrive at MK earlier rather than later, by 8 the latest. I think that they let all PPO in at the same time, so You should be allowed entry as if you had an 8 :05 ADR> I would be at the monorail by 7:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter