Time is not fair. Part 9.

Hiddenhearth

Earning My Ears
Speaking of this Rain Forest. Do not read this part, not if you plan to cruise on the Magic in April 2004. Not when I plan to be there again. There are only four lounges in this Rain Forest. I intend to be on one.

Are these four ceramic lounges on the "Magic", just 800 feet forward of the Mickey pool? No. I don't think so. No, they aren't even in the same era.

When I first went in the Rain Forest, there were only two other people in the room. These two young and attractive people (together, I assumed) were each in one of the tiled chaise lounges. I sat in another. They didn't seem to know I was even there. I'm quite sure they weren't asleep, although they had their eyes closed and they weren't saying anything. But I really think they had no concept that I was sitting next to them. (I was in the same chair that my wife (in the silver binikin, like I told you in Part 8...) was photographed in, for the brochure...). I don't know where these two young folks were, but they sure weren't there, not in mind. Maybe they were still in the Surial Bath. Or maybe on their way to it.

I soon found out why they weren't there. Not on the "Magic", not in 2002. All the liveliness of excited passengers that you thought was quite nearby suddenly vanished. You and the hustle-bustle gets far, far apart. Lying on one of these tiled lounges translocates you to another place and time, somewhere far, far from Mickey. To where? Best I could tell - maybe the glory days of the Roman Empire.

As you look around this sanctum, all you see is tile. Tile floor, tile benches, tile walls, tile arches, tile columns, tile ceiling. The walls are all curved, with arches everywhere. In the middle of this room is a fountain, where a gentle stream of water continually spouts.

The only sound is that of the water falling into the basin of this fountain. Otherwise, it's totally quiet.

The lighting of the room is diffused. Some lights shine upwards from the bottom of the fountain. Only after sitting a while does one realize that the color of these fountain lights - undulating on the ceiling - slowly changes through shades of blue.

As I reluctant as I was to leave the warm, tiled chaise lounge, I had to explore the different saunas and showers surrounding the main room. My two mysterious friends in this room either didn't seem to notice my activity - going in and out of these doors - or they just chose not to let this fool ruin their serenity.

My exploration completed, I returned to the comfort of my chaise, while my new-found strangers continued to ignore me. If not for the appointment for my DW & I, I could have lounged on the warmth of that chaise, in my Zen-like trance, until that Saturday morning.

Anyhow, don't bother going to the Rain Forest. Steve.

Thank you, Steve for your "Wonder"ful reports!! I read all 9 of them & truly enjoyed them!! :)

Steve, Thoroughly enjoyed your reports 8 & 9. Thank you for all the details.

Well now, though, I must ask this..are you accepting cruise brochures for original autographs? Would be a real big-time draw on ebay, huh! LOL.

I'm glad you and dw got lots of advice by the personal trainer that was so beneficial. The rain forest does sound very nice and relaxing. Never found time to go there on my cruises. Next time, for sure.

Thank you again for all your cruise reports. I read and enjoyed every one of them. I really like reliving all those cruise memories.

Best of luck to you and your family. Smooth sailing! Carolyn

without telling us about your "sureal" experience. Steve, I've really enjoyed the first nine chapters and don't want to put the book down until I've finished it. I hope you've got more to tell.

We're doing the Wonder Sept. 15th. Reading your stories only makes the waiting that much harder.

Keep them coming!

Steve.....

My Wife and I along with our two children (ds/11 dd/7) will cruise the magic Sept 21....that’s 16 weeks from now and we anxiously await Time is not fair. Parts 10-25 (1 per wk)....but that is not the reason for my writing you.... I, like many other DIS readers lurking in the anonymity of the web, suppress a giggle, or perhaps wipe a tear, as we enjoy your recollections...as others have stated before me, you possess a rare talent in writing...the most rewarding benefit of writing stories is in the gift it gives to the reader.... It is when the story touches the heart of the reader that the art of writing is at its best.... thank you.....

Gary

Yeah....you;ve convinced me to stay away from the rainforest.....:D

I am off to bed soon ... to dream of the tile and steam ... ahhhhh :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter