Time is not fair. Part 8.

Hiddenhearth

Earning My Ears
The Spa. DW signed up for Metabolism. We both went for Personal Training, Rain Forest, & Surial Bath.

My apologies to the trainer for Metabolism & Personal Training. (The sessions ran concurrently.) She was like "the girl next door" (but from Canada), very down-to-earth and personable, full of enthusiasm, very communicative. Talking quickly, she tried to give us the most for our appointments.

I came in to the fitness area at the end of DW's Metabolism session. The trainer had already gone over diet, which my wife found most intriguing. When I came in, the trainer was hooking up electrodes from some machine to my wife, and in no time the machine printed out some info on a piece of paper. Among other things, this machine pronounced that my DW's ideal weight ought to be 20 lbs less. (I won't tell her that I've announced this to the world...) This recommended number was exactly where she was at, before our second son was born 11 yrs ago.

Then straight away was our "Personal Training" session. I did this with open mind. At home, both DW & I go regularly to the local Y. Both of us use an aerobic machine - a treadmill or an elliptical machine or stair-stepper - and then we hit the Nautilus machines. I often then do laps in the pool. In short, we're in pretty good shape for our ages, and I had no reason to believe I/we haven't been excersizing smartly or using the machines correctly.

So could our girl-next-door be of any help?

To my surprise, she was. Although the "Magic" does not have the variety of Nautilus machines as my Y, she does have a few, and on these few our trainer had us briefly demonstrate how we use them. The trainer corrected our form. She changed the rate of motion. She changed the amount of weights of resistance. She talked about the progression of machines to use in a workout, and about optimum weight training for workout time.

I wished the session could have gone longer and that I could have returned for follow-ups with our girl-next-door. (Hmm, but wait!...2004 during the Western...??)

Here, now, weeks after that enchanting April week, back in my dreary, mundane routine, when I do my workout at the Y, I have been applying the principles taught to me by my "Magic"-al personal trainer. And I'm looking more and more like the guy in the Disney Cruise Line book. You know, the guy in the lounge in the Rain Forest, the one with his Atlas arms over his head, the same guy sitting next to the gal with the gown open just enough for you to see her silver bikini. Yup, that's really me, and that's DW in the silver bikini. Steve

I was afraid that you weren't going to post anymore! So glad to hear that your time in the gym was fruitful! Can you think of any more stories to tell from your time on the Magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter