Time for us to help out the Pin Adventurers.. calling all DISers attending the meet!

KathiWithAnI

<font color=006600>Found out it's not nice to teas
Ok, here's the deal......
The Great Pin Adventure that is being hosted by Arizona Jeff and MeanLaureen has gotten really big!! While this is exciting, the Contemporary Hotel has started to get concerned about the large number of people planning to descend upon them on August 11th...... So, Lauri checked with the Swan and Dolphin and was offered a room at the Swan for a reasonable price. Jeff and Lauri are thinking of paying for this themselves to make sure we are all set. After all these guys have put into putting this meet together, I don't feel they should have to put out anymore in costs... BUT, Jeff and Lauri don't want to feel that they are imposing on anyone and won't ask us for help!
So, here are the options:
a) We plan to stay at the Contemporary and take a chance they won't kick us out :)
b)if they do kick us out, we'd have to find an OUTSIDE ( in the Florida August heat) place to meet
c)we all kick in $2 and go for the sure thing at the Swan

For those of you that haven't been there before, there is free transportation to the Swan.

What do you guys think?
Feel free to email me:
ksdeyoung@earthlink.net

Thanks guys-- I know we can help the wonderful Pin Meet Planners come up with a solution!!
Kathi

7/17/01 UPDATE>>>>. since the swan is now official, please check out this thread for payment info :)
and as always, Thank You ;)
http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57854

TWO DOLLARS!!???? But that's 1\5 of the price of an LE pin!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

You can count me in.

Brian

I'm all for it. Thanks to everyone for working so hard trying to get us all together. Peggy Anne:)

can handle 2$ too.even if it means missing the fireworks at the MK....(did I sound like I was whining? sorry..hehe).count me...
Holycow

Count us (DH and me) in!

But, here's a question:
At the Contemporary we had adjacent access to places to buy drinks and snacks.
If we move to the Swan & Dolphin, do we need to make refreshments arrangements?
While I realize we could bring our own refreshments (for those of us with cars), the hotel might not go for that.
$2* per person is no problem.
Would a couple dollars more per person permit refreshments to be included by the hotel?

* Heck, I'd pay $5 just to see AZ Jeff do the Happy Pin Dance in person! :eek:

I just heard from Perndwler. She told me the Contemperary is not being so nice (not in those nice words). Well, Cousin Ed and I are all for it. We've been looking forward to this Meet for some time now and wouldn't miss it for the world.

We won't let Jeff and Laureen foot the bill for our good time! You have $2 from me...and more if we need it. Can't wait for the adventure to begin.

First, thanks to everyone for all the replies. :D

Second, I was talking to Robin about the situation, and we mentioned that if there ends up any money left over after the room is paid for, that it would be donated to one of Pete's favorite charities, Give Kids the World. How does that sound to everyone?

I would gladly give $2.00 for the chance to meet all of you in one place WITH NAMETAGS.
One question, will we be renting a room or one of the convention rooms in the lobby? I bet you mean't convention room and I am being literal.
Now, once we find out from everyone that they are willing to chip in, why don't we find out how much they will charge for a little snack/ drink thing. Not alcoholic of coursewe can buy our own if so inclined, but maybe soda. They might complain if we bring our own in, and the thought of over 100 people running to the restaraunts and bars for soda is just too much. Although it might be funny to see Jeff carry in drinks for all of us.
Now our only problem is the dinner at the Contemporary. Robin, if this plan goes through for the Swan maybe you might want to think about changing the ressies to Cape May all you can eat, at the Yacht and Beach Club Resort. Just a thought, I have a car and can get from one to the other, but many might not. But wherever we go, I can't wait.

Peggie

Count the three of us in for the $2 each, or whatever amount ends up being needed.....
Thanks,

Christy

Please count Mike and me in!! If you need more than $2 each, that works too. This will be too good to pass up at any price!

Pat

Well, even though I'm not going if I were, I'd gladly pitch in $2, heck I'd pay $5 to see this! I think that it would actually work to your advantage to have your own room anyway, they can't kick you guys out for being rowdy...and Jeff, just THINK of the decorating possibilities. I think you guys should go for it :)

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter