Tier match: Royal Caribbean to MGM resorts and World of Hyatt

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
For those who have yet to try this, you can tier match your crown and anchor society to MGM resorts. Even if you don’t plan to go to Vegas, you can use your new MGM status to tier match to World of Hyatt.

To do this:

first make a free account on the MGM Resorts website. Then contact an MGM Rewards representative
You should get confirmation within a day of your new MGM status. Once you have it you can then tier match to Hyatt.
sign in or create an account through World of Hyatt, then click this link to match tiers.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/other-partnerships/tier-match.html

I think you then have to do This annually through the same steps. It’s all free.

I’m diamond on RC. I was at the lowest tier of both MGM and Hyatt. By doing thus I’m now Gold in MGM and Explorist in World of Hyatt- both seem to give discounts and perks like waiving of resort fees, premium internet, special checkin lines etc.

Thanks @peacefrogdog for sharing this! We recently leveled up to Emerald on our most recent sailing on RC -- and this would also make us Gold tier with MGM. I'll have to look into both of these programs to get the match!

I think you then have to do This annually through the same steps. It’s all free.

MGM status resets Jan 1 and Hyatt resets the end of February, so once you do this match you just have to re-match your Hyatt status to earn the MGM status for the year in January. Then, in March, you match your MGM status to Hyatt which you can do on their websites, no emails required.

This is such a great hidden perk, especially if you have Chase ultimate rewards points as they transfer 1:1 to Hyatt.

Yes - this seems to be the only downside - that you have to remember to keep matching every year. But like you said, both matching steps were easily accomplished through webforms with quick effects.

I'm only Platinum on Royal, which would put me at Pearl/Discoverist... but I will take any benefits I can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter