• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have tried searching for my question, but haven't found an answer yet. My mom, who is a FL resident is joining me for a weekend in December, so for her we are looking at the 3-day FL resident ticket, which she would likely purchase from AAA. At this point, I don't think we will hop, however, the extra for hopping on this ticket is a pretty good deal at only $29.29 extra (after tax). I know that with normal base tickets, many people recommend to wait and only add hopping if/when you decide you want it. If we were to take that approach with her ticket, would she be able to add park hopping at the reduced FL resident rate? Or is that pricing only available at the time the ticket is initially purchased, and she would end up having to pay the regular rate for park hopping (which is $63.90 after tax)?

Have tried searching for my question, but haven't found an answer yet. My mom, who is a FL resident is joining me for a weekend in December, so for her we are looking at the 3-day FL resident ticket, which she would likely purchase from AAA. At this point, I don't think we will hop, however, the extra for hopping on this ticket is a pretty good deal at only $29.29 extra (after tax). I know that with normal base tickets, many people recommend to wait and only add hopping if/when you decide you want it. If we were to take that approach with her ticket, would she be able to add park hopping at the reduced FL resident rate? Or is that pricing only available at the time the ticket is initially purchased, and she would end up having to pay the regular rate for park hopping (which is $63.90 after tax)?

She could upgrade it later at the FL resident rate.

I have an issue with a previously purchase ticket, the IT department told me to email ticket.inquiry@disneyworld.com which bounced back to me, does anyone know if that is the correct email address? I looked through the sticky and on the WDW website but don't see it anywhere. Thanks.

Is there any options at all for discounts on one day park tickets? I figured we better plan on paying full price, but wanted to check to be sure! Thanks!

Is there any options at all for discounts on one day park tickets? I figured we better plan on paying full price, but wanted to check to be sure! Thanks!

Nope.

(Unless you want to spend 2-3 hours listening to a team of high-pressure Florida timeshare salesmen.) ;)

I have two partly-used paper MYW tickets with no expire. I have linked them on MDE. I can't see entitlements on MDE, but I can figure it out by making fastpass reservations.

We have a stay coming up next year. I plan to use the tickets, but probably not all the entitlements. We'll be staying on site, and so will get bands. Coincidentally, I'm going to be in Orlando next week but not going into the parks. It wouldn't be any difficulty for me to stop at guest services at Disney Springs. Is there any reason that I would want to stop to trade my paper tickets for the new plastic ones? If I'm understand things, once I have the bands, there is no reason I would want actual plastic ticket cards but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

Would exchanging them make it so I could see entitlements on MDE? Probably not enough of a reason to make a stop, but curious.

I have two partly-used paper MYW tickets with no expire. I have linked them on MDE. I can't see entitlements on MDE, but I can figure it out by making fastpass reservations.

We have a stay coming up next year.
1. I plan to use the tickets, but probably not all the entitlements. We'll be staying on site, and so will get bands. Coincidentally, I'm going to be in Orlando next week but not going into the parks. It wouldn't be any difficulty for me to stop at guest services at Disney Springs.
2. Is there any reason that I would want to stop to trade my paper tickets for the new plastic ones?
3. If I'm understand things, once I have the bands, there is no reason I would want actual plastic ticket cards but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

Would exchanging them make it so I could see entitlements on MDE? Probably not enough of a reason to make a stop, but curious.
1. OK.
2. If you want to physically USE your "tickets" (and not a MagicBand) at
the gates, then you NEED to get a plastic (RFID) ticket in order to do so.
3. If you have (or are going to get) a MagicBand, then you don't need
(are not required) to get plastic (RFID) tickets.

Last edited:
Ok I think I know the answer, but I want to confirm this..... I purchased some 5 day base tix from UT in Dec 2015- they haven;t yet been assigned to anyone,and obviously unused. Do these fall under the old rules of No expire until 14 days after first use?

Ok I think I know the answer, but I want to confirm this..... I purchased some 5 day base tix from UT in Dec 2015- they haven;t yet been assigned to anyone,and obviously unused.

Do these fall under the old rules of No expire until 14 days after first use?

Yes.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer (I swear I looked!): I have a trip with my brother coming up and I got him what I think is a conference ticket through a "magical" travel agent (I have an AP). Does anyone know if a day can be added to this kind of ticket at a gate? I don't want to do it in advance because I'm not 100% sure we will use the extra day and would like to decide while we are there (otherwise I would ask the travel agent).

In MDE, it's called a "3-Day w/PH + 1 FUN" ticket. And it's not transferable (I assume due to it being part of a package).

Thanks!

If I buy a water park ticket that says it "expires" in 2019, does that mean it is 100% unusable after that date or I just have to pay the difference at guest services between the purchase price and current price? I utterly despise their new system, so confusing to deal with the different expiration dates.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer (I swear I looked!): I have a trip with my brother coming up and I got him what I think is a conference ticket through a "magical" travel agent (I have an AP). Does anyone know if a day can be added to this kind of ticket at a gate? I don't want to do it in advance because I'm not 100% sure we will use the extra day and would like to decide while we are there (otherwise I would ask the travel agent).

In MDE, it's called a "3-Day w/PH + 1 FUN" ticket. And it's not transferable (I assume due to it being part of a package).

Thanks!

Since it has the "+ 1 FUN" feature, I have no reference as to what the ticket would be "worth"
in an upgrade transaction.

Thanks!

I don't know the answer but I thought the 3 day w PH & more ticket came with three "fun" options, does anyone know if the 1 fun option is just because it's a convention ticket or do all the 3 day PH, WP&M come with only 1 fun option?

I don't know the answer but

1. I thought the 3 day w PH & more ticket came with three "fun" options,

2. does anyone know if the 1 fun option is just because it's a convention ticket

3. or do all the 3 day PH, WP&M come with only 1 fun option?

1. That would be for "Magic Your Way" tickets.

2. Yes. This is a "convention ticket."

3. 3-day "Magic Your Way" tickets would offer 3 "FUN" (WP&M) visits.

And, therefore, I don't know
A. If this convention ticket can, for sure, be upgraded.
B. How much it would cost to do the upgrade, if that is allowed.

1. That would be for "Magic Your Way" tickets.

2. Yes. This is a "convention ticket."

3. 3-day "Magic Your Way" tickets would offer 3 "FUN" (WP&M) visits.

And, therefore, I don't know
A. If this convention ticket can, for sure, be upgraded.
B. How much it would cost to do the upgrade, if that is allowed.

Thank you, I am planning on getting a regular 3 day WP&M ticket and just wanted to make sure it still had the 3 "fun" options, I wouldn't want to get there and discover it was now only 1. :)

Has anyone purchased FL resident AP's from AAA before?

Is the process the same? You get a voucher that you present at the ticket window?

Thanks!

Has anyone purchased FL resident AP's from AAA before?

Is the process the same? You get a voucher that you present at the ticket window?

Thanks!

That's how it works.
"AAA South" has been selling APs for years and years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter