Ticket discount offered again?

Daisy72582

Earning My Ears
Hi! My sister in law is planning a trip to Disney World at the end of June. She has not booked a hotel as she is waiting on the summer deals to be released. However, she called Disney today to purchase park tickets at the 20% off rate for Canadians.

She was told by the CM she should wait. He told her that it is better to book hotel/tickets together and that the ticket discount will be offered again. Is this accurate information? Thanks so much!!

I seem to recall that the 25% discounted tickets were extended last year. However, I believe the extension was announced in advance.

I looked at what discounts were offered last year. Currently they have the one free QS meal for a few more days which was also offered last year. They also had room discounts last year. I did not see anything else. She could buy tickets at 20% now and still benefit from a room discount. I would price out the savings of 20% off plus a room discount vs. the free QS meal. The only thing that would beat 20% off tickets plus a room discount is Free Dinning (in most cases). I really doubt FD would be offered in June.

By the way the ticket prices are rumoured to be going up this weekend. I am buying mine tonight.

If she does go ahead and order make sure she gets the correct #(ie opt for more days rather than fewer) of days and adds parkhoppers now. If there is a price increase this weekend upgrading those two items will become very expensive to do.

Wow, I'm very surprised the CM told her to wait. There is no way I would wait for something that may or may not return, and if it does, I wouldn't expect it to be announced until the Fall, just like last time. The current discount ends in 2 days. I would buy NOW.

I agree with everyone else .. BUY THE TICKETS! Be sure to buy exactly what you need though because upgrading after the discount is over will be stupid $$ This is a case of the CMs who answer the phone not knowing everything about everything. I wouldn't count on a new discount that hasn't been rumoured already, the current discount had a head's up of about a week. They are good till the end of December and like a PP mentioned, your sister can still piece together a package later using a room only discount if one gets released for June.

Thanks everyone! It didn't sound right to me either, but I wanted to double check. She went ahead and bought the tickets! Yay!!
Good thing. She can always watch for room only discount. IMO free dining is rarely a deal, unless you have a big family. Esp now since they’ve downgraded the free dining to one QS a day? And for the pleasure you get to pay full rack rate.

I seem to recall that the 25% discounted tickets were extended last year. However, I believe the extension was announced in advance.

I am pretty sure the extension last year was not announced in advance. I remember ordered one 5 day PH on the last night of the special Canadian offer and then it was extended the next day. The new date also kept the Canadian tickets at the same price as the year previous and where not affected by the 2017 price increase.

I am pretty sure the extension last year was not announced in advance. I remember ordered one 5 day PH on the last night of the special Canadian offer and then it was extended the next day. The new date also kept the Canadian tickets at the same price as the year previous and where not affected by the 2017 price increase.
It will be interesting to see if the Canadian offer is back tomorrow. Right now it’s been taken off the WDW site.

It will be interesting to see if the Canadian offer is back tomorrow. Right now it’s been taken off the WDW site.

Nope. It's gone and not coming back. I highly doubt we'll see it again for a few years either, not with the dollar starting to slowly climb again, and not with the opening of SWG next year. They have 0 need to give us a deal.

Nope. It's gone and not coming back. I highly doubt we'll see it again for a few years either, not with the dollar starting to slowly climb again, and not with the opening of SWG next year. They have 0 need to give us a deal.
:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter