Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

I will be shocked if it moves from anything but VQ and G+ LL for a very long time. This attraction will be extremely popular for a long time. Hey, Splash still had long waits and it had been open many years!
I think as soon as crowds ease they'll let it loose. I'm voting no later than Labor Day, probably in August.

If the rumor going around about Big Thunder going into a long refurb is true Disney will need the full line capacity of TBA to be utilized to occupy folks.

disney def implied in their announcement the VQ is short term
Am I correct in saying if an AP holder does not have a reservation on a preview day they cannot try for the virtual queue for Tiana's? I know we can enter the park (not Sat or Sun at MK) after 2:00PM but still cannot try for 1:00 VQ without a park reservation at any park ?

Did D23 announce their dates?
Somehow I've dropped off the email list for any and all groups
D23
Disney AP
Universal AP
Get nothing

UGH! Reservation queue went from 'over one hour' to 59 min, ...58...57. Now back to over one hour!
It took less than an hour after all, but, once admitted to reservation page I had to sign back in. Then I'd get Stitch ate the page- back up and try again. That took about 7 tries. Finally got in and made Epcot and HS reservations so I'll try for the 1PM VQ. We'll see how it works out.

Am I correct in saying if an AP holder does not have a reservation on a preview day they cannot try for the virtual queue for Tiana's? I know we can enter the park (not Sat or Sun at MK) after 2:00PM but still cannot try for 1:00 VQ without a park reservation at any park ?
You can try for the 1pm without tapping in. It is all explained in the “guidelines” for the day.

Still another 34 minute wait. Hope to get into Epcot on the 13th so I can 7am VQ GOTG, hit a few other rides up front & then head over to MK for the 1pm VQ & a dole whip float.

Wait...29 minutes still & now the screen has added a note:

Message last updated: 12:18 PM ET​

Magic Kingdom theme park reservations are currently booked out for Annual Passholders on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Annual Passholder preview dates. Please be advised that the attraction will open for all Guests on June 28, 2024.

We thank you for your excitement to experience our newest attraction.

I will be shocked if it moves from anything but VQ and G+ LL for a very long time. This attraction will be extremely popular for a long time. Hey, Splash still had long waits and it had been open many years!

True...except at night when the Splash line was usually pretty short! Many times we made it our last ride of the night!

Ngl the change in procedure is helping me not feel as bad about it now that I've thought about it. Honestly, I have zero issues landing VQs and don't mind flying down for the day (I just got a shedload of B6 points back), but not having a set time I know I can do it would be a bit stressful.

Still, this is like the 3rd time running I've been screwed out of a preview. I've never gotten to do a preview since I've had my AP. I never even got the emails until Cosmic Rewind, which my old boss threw a monkey wrench into out of petty spite, and dates just did not work for me with Tron. Now that I actually have the flexibility, my AP date is messing with me. :(
I was able to get the Remy preview, but missed out on Guardians (which was fine because can’t do that type of ride). But, I definitely get FOMO when I read the preview threads.

For anyone still hoping to make AP park reservations on a preview day all the other parks were still showing as available when I was just in there. You just have to wait through the virtual waiting room now if you want in though.

Guess they must have turned that on later this morning when we crashed their park res system- why weren't they expecting the crush they got? The mind boggles...

For anyone still hoping to make AP park reservations on a preview day all the other parks were still showing as available when I was just in there. You just have to wait through the virtual waiting room now if you want in though.

Guess they must have turned that on later this morning when we crashed their park res system- why weren't they expecting the crush they got? The mind boggles...

Yep I went into a panic and finally make our park reservations for our 2-day trip (18th and 19th) with only a very short wait (Space Mt screen for a little bit saying it was my time then sending me to make reservations).

And totally agree how Disney IT still can't figure out what is going to cause a surge on their systems. I guess they don't talk at all to marketing.

well, I guess I should have read the email a little more closely before booking a trip. My birthday is the 14th and when I read the email it looked like you didn't need a park reservation. I was super excited to spend my birthday at MK and get to ride Tiana. Now I don't know what to do. And I'm really confused about the 1pm thing. So I don't need to be in MK to get it? And I don't remember, but did they do away with the waiting until 2pm thing to park hop? I'm really stressed out right now haha

Do you think there is any chance that Tiana will be available to ride at Magic Kingdom After Hours on June 27th? My daughter and I arrive that afternoon and play to go to after hours that night. Of course we will try to get a VQ for the next two days we are there, but we were trying to knock out Magic Kingdom the first night. Guess not... :)

well, I guess I should have read the email a little more closely before booking a trip. My birthday is the 14th and when I read the email it looked like you didn't need a park reservation. I was super excited to spend my birthday at MK and get to ride Tiana. Now I don't know what to do. And I'm really confused about the 1pm thing. So I don't need to be in MK to get it? And I don't remember, but did they do away with the waiting until 2pm thing to park hop? I'm really stressed out right now haha
No more waiting till 2 to hop
1 VQ will work the same as the 1 VQ for all other rides. You don't have to be in MK but you do have to have entered A park that day with A reservation for that day

You can try for the 1pm without tapping in. It is all explained in the “guidelines” for the day.
I'm sorry but it is not clear...the wording makes it sound like you still need a park reservation to enter the 1:00 VQ but my ? is Can you enter the 1:00 VQ preview and not have to go to the other park? Like if you get the 1:00 VQ can you then cancel your reservation at say HS and head to MK after 2:00PM ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter