Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

Do we think this’ll be a regular ride in Genie+ or will they go VQ with it for a while? I’m assuming any standby line will wrap all the way to the TTC
I think it will be VQ, so there won't be a physical standby line wrapping to the TTC. Instead there will be a virtual standby line that has you waiting for hours and hours, followed by a physical standby line after you check in for your VQ, and that one will last an hour or so (like Tron).

Edited to add - it will also be IL$, so you can pick your return time. IOW, like Tron and GotG.

I think it will be VQ, so there won't be a physical standby line wrapping to the TTC. Instead there will be a virtual standby line that has you waiting for hours and hours, followed by a physical standby line after you check in for your VQ, and that one will last an hour or so (like Tron).

Edited to add - it will also be IL$, so you can pick your return time. IOW, like Tron and GotG.
Crazy to think that we'll be paying to ride a re-themed 32 year old ride yet here we are lol. A VQ will open up Tron and Guardians availability even more.

I think TRON will be switching from VQ to stand-by sooner than later, just an FYI.

Just a reminder to APs re: park reservations

Historically AP preview days can result in no park reservations available at that park as Disney pulls from the AP inventory to give to anyone who gets an AP preview slot. If you wanna start your day at MK, might wanna grab a reservation now just in case Disney does previews.

The last time we did a 4th of July trip (2017), we swore we’d never do it again…well, we decided to give it another shot this year. We booked the Poly, wanted to take it nice and easy, slower park days, mostly pooling it, enjoying the resort. And damn it, my FOMO won’t let me rest now that TBA opens the day before we arrive. It’s going to be bananas, isn’t it?

Is June 28th the confirmed date by Disney?
It was but then it wasn’t. They had a formal release of the info and then took the page down. Many are assuming that was accidentally released too early. Seems like they wanted it to be a surprise during American Idol tonight.

Scott Gustin posted it as an official opening date and I feel like he’s pretty accurate about his reporting since the rumor is he “works” for Disney in a sense and gets information earlier than most reporters. Take that for what you will 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Unofficially, officially, yes.
It was but then it wasn’t. They had a formal released of the info and then took the page down. Many are assuming that was accidentally released too early. Seems like they wanted it to be a surprise during American Idol tonight.

Scott Gustin posted it as an official opening date and I feel like he’s pretty accurate about his reporting since the rumor is he “works” for Disney in a sense and gets information earlier than most reporters. Take that for what you will 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well, it's more official than our Tiffany driver. If you had seen some of my previous posts, we're coming Memorial weekend because our driver said so. It seems like we're off by a month. 😂

As a new AP holder, how do the AP Previews typically work? It is a lottery system where only a select few APs are chosen for the preview or do you have to be online at a certain time to register? Once you are admitted to the ride, do you wait in a standby line with the other AP holders who are eligible? I'm asking because our arrival day is 6/27, the day before TBA opens. Our MK day is scheduled for the 29th, the day after. I'm tempted to get a PPR for MK on the 27th in case they do an AP preview the day before, but if I'm going to wait in a long line regardless, I'll just take my chances with a rope drop or VQ on the 29th or maybe even wait until a future trip. Thanks!

It's a registration system. Sometimes we know the dates when registration will go live (sometimes not), a link gets sent out in an email (but usually it's too late by the time you get the email), bloggers will post it everywhere. There you pick whatever days or times are available.

You'd check in with the CMs outfront when your time arrives, and then you just go in the standby line and wait in the queue

It's a registration system. Sometimes we know the dates when registration will go live (sometimes not), a link gets sent out in an email (but usually it's too late by the time you get the email), bloggers will post it everywhere. There you pick whatever days or times are available.

You'd check in with the CMs outfront when your time arrives, and then you just go in the standby line and wait in the queue
Thanks for the information. If you are fortunate enough to obtain such a reservation, does it come with a park pass or are you required to make a separate reservation to get into the park?

My daughter and I are going to be there around that time. She loved Splash(her favorite ride) so we switched things around to have a park pass for Sat the 29th for MK in case they run out. Actually I am the only one with an AP so she doesn’t need a pass. If they do AP previews before that is it only the Passholders that can ride or do you get one “guest”? I am guessing it is just the AP holder. If that’s the case would I possibly be able to let her of on under my AP? She REALLY wants to get on it and is old enough to go solo.

My daughter and I are going to be there around that time. She loved Splash(her favorite ride) so we switched things around to have a park pass for Sat the 29th for MK in case they run out. Actually I am the only one with an AP so she doesn’t need a pass. If they do AP previews before that is it only the Passholders that can ride or do you get one “guest”? I am guessing it is just the AP holder. If that’s the case would I possibly be able to let her of on under my AP? She REALLY wants to get on it and is old enough to go solo.
It’s hit or miss - I had to show my actual government ID for the Star Wars Land preview but didn’t for GOTG - they tapped my MB.

No guests. Only AP holder.

And previews confirmed as well:

Now What’s That I Hear About Previews?

And if you’re wondering how Tiana will cater to her regulars, you might just hear some delightful details about preview opportunities ahead of the official grand opening for Florida-based Cast Members, Annual Passholders and eligible Disney Vacation Club Members soon… keep an eye out for more information coming to you starting May 14!

And previews confirmed as well:

Now What’s That I Hear About Previews?

And if you’re wondering how Tiana will cater to her regulars, you might just hear some delightful details about preview opportunities ahead of the official grand opening for Florida-based Cast Members, Annual Passholders and eligible Disney Vacation Club Members soon… keep an eye out for more information coming to you starting May 14!
Sweet! Do we have the link for that reservation sign-up handy? Usually, someone posts that, and I think that have used the same link each year. Once it goes live, that tends to be active and folks go for it very quickly way before the email link goes out. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter