Thumper's Thread

I think it's time for this phrase to come back in a complimentary fashion. "You just killed a #5??? Good eater bro!"
It is that kind of place, Ron. You go there to eat and get out, not sit around for an hour with a cup of coffee. And almost always, if not always, with plenty to take home for another meal, two more for Marie. Lots of regulars. Lots of hungry, hard-working, construction type workers.

One time, years ago, an associate of mine and I were out together for the day. We were both in our early 60's then I would say. We were near Mr. A's around lunch time. He was a good eater, had heard me talk about the place every so often. We went Mr. A's. He ordered a Denver omelette with a side of ham. We were at a booth right by the checkout. A group of about 4 or 5 young guys, looked to be in their 20's/30's, and construction worker looking (from their clothes and boots) were in line checking out. One of the guys looks down at our booth and yells to the other guys, 'Hey guys, look at this old guy, he's got a Denver with extra ham and almost has it finished. Give me 5, buddy!' The other guys were like, 'woooahhhh'.

Funny moment he and I brought up a few times a year in conversation. Sadly, he has passed away, good guy, Roger.

It's a 'joint'.

From Yelp

648871 . 648872

❤Reading this thread. Thank you all!

Here's a little poem I just found:

Smiling Is Infectious
by Jez Alborough

Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile,
then I realized its worth.
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!

Thank you for spreading kind cheer:flower3:

Thought you’d all enjoy this picture.

Someone has planted/designed several little inspirational fairy gardens along one of the trails I walk. They always make me smile!
View attachment 649575
I was in a craft store yesterday and stood there a long while deciding if it was too early to create and put out my own fairy house, I figured it would get totally wrecked by snow removal but I hope to have one this year... they are just adorable :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter