Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Most of my gratitude for phones is tied to the modern smartphone and ways it keeps me from having to actually use it as a phone. While I'm a pretty extroverted person, I've become extremely "phone-phobic" over the years. It was great to talk to friends and boyfriends in my high school and college years, but the work world has made me dread phone interaction to the point of nasty anxiety issues.

1. Life360- It's fairly reliable and keeps me from having to call anyone to figure out where they are.
2. FindMy- While DH has an Android, the kids and I have iPhones. It's what I turn to when nobody is answering or picking up the phone. It's also good for its intended purpose.
3. Camera- While most of the pics we all probably take are fun things, having a camera handy for accidents or other situations requiring immediate documentation is a huge help. Most things these days have online portals or emails where you can share this data, so I usually don't have to physically talk to anyone.

Plus we had a super long cord !!!!!!

Right? I liked to wrap myself up all the way to the phone then spin myself out. Although I hated when the cord spirals didn't all go the right way and I would try to fix it.

I don't like talking on the phone at all so I'm thankful for texting

This. I will stare at my phone watching you call me, listen to your message and then text you back. I'm terrible.

1. I like face time for the store. "Hey they have this one and that one. Which one do you like better"
2. For all kinds of emergencies.
3. Thankful that I never deleted my grandma's voice messages. They are hilarious.

I have a love/hate relationship with my cell phone. I hate that it is so present in my life, but I love being able to look things up (like what is playing on the classical radio station right now or menus and reviews)
I love being able to take photos if i see something I love, especially if my DGD is doing something cute. And then, I can instantly share it with a small family group.
I love using Notes! I am still basically a pen and paper person, but I also love being able to make lists and Disney plans/info and put them in organized folders that don’t take up any room in my very cluttered house. :) (truth be told, I do end up printing them and putting them in ziplocs to take on my trips!)

There are so many positive things about our smartphones that you have all touched on. So many positives.

But I am in one those moods tonight where I am focusing more on the negative impact of smartphones..

For me, how can one really disconnect from work and be able to really chill out? To take care of customers and trying to stay ahead of the competition you really can't turn your phone off or not respond to emails, texts etc.

The social bullying that happens with all ages especially the younger generation. It is just ugly.

I apologize for the negativity because this is a gratitude thread. I will come back tomorrow with a great attitude and will be rockin' it again. Cheers!!

I have a love/hate relationship with my cell phone. I hate that it is so present in my life, but I love being able to look things up (like what is playing on the classical radio station right now or menus and reviews)
I love being able to take photos if i see something I love, especially if my DGD is doing something cute. And then, I can instantly share it with a small family group.
I love using Notes! I am still basically a pen and paper person, but I also love being able to make lists and Disney plans/info and put them in organized folders that don’t take up any room in my very cluttered house. :) (truth be told, I do end up printing them and putting them in ziplocs to take on my trips!)

Curious what Notes app you use. I've been using google keep - I love that it syncs instantly between my phone and computer, but you can't (as far as I know) do any kind of formatting on the notes.

Curious what Notes app you use. I've been using google keep - I love that it syncs instantly between my phone and computer, but you can't (as far as I know) do any kind of formatting on the notes.
I just use the Notes app that came with my iPhone. I'm sure it does things I haven't even discovered yet, but I've been able to change text size, bold, underline, make lists, etc. I use it a lot!

Popcorn- Crunchy AND salty! It's a quick and easy treat from the microwave but I prefer it freshly made. Favorite topping is either "everything but the bagel" or curry powder.

Pecans- my favorite nut...followed by walnuts and pistachios.

Fried chicken- I don't make it at home (too many calories, too much mess) but I do love a nice, hot, crispy piece of chicken!

TGIF! :wave:

#1 - Fritos Honey BBQ Twists - I can devour the whole bag - I love them! I only treat myself to them on the weekend, and I’ll just put a few on my plate and put the bag away. Love them!

#2 - Pretzel Twists - One of my favorite things to eat while watching a movie, since I can’t eat popcorn. I try and not eat to many - those carbs add up fast.

#3 - CheezIts - My favorite thing to eat with my daily sandwich. It’s not a favorite thing in regards to taste - I like them not love them. The reason why they are a favorite is because they are easy to count - I allow myself 1/2 a serving, which is 13 crackers. I put the 13 on my plate and put them away.

Seconding popcorn (my go-to snack lately because I can have quite a bit without it being too many calories) and of course the pretzels that inspired the thread - I like both really crunchy pretzels and the big soft kind.

Nuts - I usually buy the unsalted or lightly salted ones (but I'll still count them under crunchy.) I love them as a quick protein, and have been especially enjoying putting pistachios in my salads recently - more nutrients than croutons, but they still give it some texture.

Salt potatoes - I don't make them because DH has to follow a low-sodium diet, but they were a local staple at cookouts where I grew up, and I'm grateful for traditions like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter