Three Things...Gratitude Thread

TGIF! :dance3:

#1 - Working Out/Exercising - I love working out. I have people tell me all the time that they wish they could like working out, but they just can’t do it.

#2 - Mass/Going to Church - Going to Mass is one of my favorite moments of my week. I have people always trying to convince me on why they don’t go, or why they don’t like it, and I don’t know why - I’ve never told people “you must go to church”. I have told people that if they ever change their mind and would like to join me they can - I’d be happy to share my pew with them.

#3 - Waking Up Early - I love waking up early to enjoy my quiet time with my coffee. This is when I’m on social media the most to catch up with everybody I know. I fiddle around on social media throughout the day, but it’s just for a few minutes here and there, not much at all.

I'm another for waking up early, @slo! - I have a much better day if I "ramp up" to it by myself before trying to be social.

I know lots of people don't, but I love a good light ❄️ snow. ❄️ - Everything is so fresh snd clean and sparkly!

roasted Brussels sprouts

Amem on church dear Slo and to you and you, too, dear PollyannaMom, I am with you both on being up early.

:hug:WDWEPCOT, the only, "sprouts," for me, is Sprouts store brand of original applesauce! 🍎

I am a very simple and plain food-wise. I don't get tired of the, "same old."

I have never bern a thrill ride person or fireworks fan.

I'm a homebody at heart. God willing what an incredible extra miracle it will be for me one day to be able to get out again and be in full health.

All of you know I value snail mail💌

Tongue Sandwich- It's not so much that people don't like it, but that people won't try it. I get that it sounds gross and I don't know if I would love it as much if I hadn't been eating it since I was preschool aged and thought family was just kidding with me about it being actual tongue.

It's a Small World - I have found that this is a love or hate sort of thing. I adore it.

Road Trips - I can't tell you how many people I know that hate road trips. The mere idea of driving anywhere is a massive turnoff. Meanwhile, I love being behind the wheel with the power to go so many places.

Amem on church dear Slo and to you and you, too, dear PollyannaMom, I am with you both on being up early.

:hug:WDWEPCOT, the only, "sprouts," for me, is Sprouts store brand of original applesauce! 🍎

I am a very simple and plain food-wise. I don't get tired of the, "same old."

I have never bern a thrill ride person or fireworks fan.

I'm a homebody at heart. God willing what an incredible extra miracle it will be for me one day to be able to get out again and be in full health.

All of you know I value snail mail💌
I’m with you - no thrill rides for me !! Never have been able to ride them 🤮 I’m a pretty simple person by others standards and I’m ok with that !!! Nothing wrong with it !!!

Tongue Sandwich- It's not so much that people don't like it, but that people won't try it. I get that it sounds gross and I don't know if I would love it as much if I hadn't been eating it since I was preschool aged and thought family was just kidding with me about it being actual tongue.

It's a Small World - I have found that this is a love or hate sort of thing. I adore it.

Road Trips - I can't tell you how many people I know that hate road trips. The mere idea of driving anywhere is a massive turnoff. Meanwhile, I love being behind the wheel with the power to go so many places.

I can't do tongue, but I second your gratitude for Small World and road trips!

What a good question, I had a bit of a hard time coming up with some things, but here's what I've got -

1. Cottage cheese - I love it! I actually eat it almost every day for lunch.

2. Watching TV with subtitles - when people are at our house they think it's kind of odd, but when we started watching Ted Lasso, we turned them on because they talked so fast and I felt like I was missing half of the dialogue. We found that we really like it and picked up on a lot that we were missing and just didn't know it!

3. Math - it was always my favorite subject and I still love it! I kind of hated when my kids were out of school because I couldn't help them with their math any longer!

Personal responsibility
Good manners
Clean language

These are great - I especially find the clean language interesting. As a 50 something woman, I find it so odd to hear how much cursing there is in everyday life now. Last summer we were checking into a hotel and the young man checking us in was cursing just speaking to us. So odd!!

In my opinion, that goes hand in hand with the good manners. I feel like asking them if no one taught them manners!

1. Anchovies
2. Olives (not a huge fan of black, but they are okay). Love green and especially kalamata.
3. Cooked tomatoes—not sure if the greater works hates cooked tomatoes, but everyone in my house does—even the vegetarian who loves vegetables and has had grown-up tastes since babyhood. They will eat sauce but it must be puréed.

Last edited:
Cooler summers. Heatwaves are no fun in the UK without aircon, or even bug screens. So, I always appreciate cooler (but, ideally, still sunny) days.

Not feeling the need to limit life by rigidly sticking to trends. IOW, I think being yourself is underrated! :clown:

Marmite!!!

And I agree about It's a Small World, cleaner language and snow! ::yes::::yes::::yes::

Last edited:
I’m also a fan of it’s a Small World. Even have a doll :)

Driving to WDW instead of flying: so many people say they could never do it, especially with a young child in the car. We love the freedom of what and how to pack and noticing when the trees change to palm trees and just the adventure and anticipation that goes along with it.

Not going out to eat in restaurants: even before the pandemic, I was not a fan of doing this. Of course, when we go to WDW, that’s a different story. Speaking of that, I also don’t feel the need to travel like others do. (Also true pre-pandemic) I am in my early 70’s and have never been to Europe, Mexico, or any of the places most people I know have been to. I really feel content exactly where I am. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter