Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I missed yesterday, too!

Red

1. “Dorothy’s shoes” (from Wizard of Oz) on a plaque that says, “There’s No Place Like Home” that DD gave me for my bday recently. I have a Toto IRL so it fits.

2.I love the colorful little red berries on the swag that’s on my mantel.

3. The rosary beads I pray with are a nice red, like a cranberry. (I love cranberry bogs, too, before their harvest.)

Orange:

1. Several years back I painted the longstanding eggshell color walls of my bedroom a burnt orange color because I loved it and wanted a bold change.

2. I have a wreath on my wall above my bed that is all orange and red berries on grapevine that I came across just as I was painting my room.

3. DH got me a beautiful fall bracelet a few years back that has all leaves, acorns and berries on it. Lots of orange, with browns and golds. I only wear it this time of year! 🍁

Catching up with Yesterday's RED topic:

1. Hearts 💕 of LOVE....whenever I see a heart, I just smile as I think of how blessed I am with love.
2. Tomatoes, Strawberries, Raspberries....fresh produce that can be so easy to take for granted. I am grateful that I am able to go and buy or grow things whenever I want or need to.
3. The turning of Autumnal leaves. When they reach that gorgeous umber-reddish color is when I want to pull over and take photos as the leaves tumble in the wind. The season of Autumn is why I never head south for the winter until the leaves have at least begun to turn and swirl in the breeze... 🍁

Today's Topic (Thur. 10/20) - Orange Things

1. Pumpkins are the symbol that Autumn is nearby along with the fun tricks and treats of the Halloween season.
2. Orange Julius, I am obsessed with their smoothies!
3. Orange Juice, I love how it tastes and it's a reminder of Florida. Whenever we cross the border into FL, we stop at their giant rest area, where they used to serve orange juice!! So delicious and a great welcome!! Now we cross over around 3 or 4 am, so we never encounter it anymore! LOL.

PollyannaMom, I love this thread!:sunny: I wish I saw it from the beginning. Catching up...
Sunday, Technology: iPhone, Promethian Board in my classroom, Document Camera (works like an overhead projector).
Monday, Teachers: Miss Sullivan, 4th grade. She made learning fun and inspired me to be the teacher I have become. Barth & Sullivan, 10th-12th grade. They taught 10th grade English, Creative Writing, Creative Dramatics, and Contemporary American Poetry with flare. Ms. Tiffany, Graduate School Professor. She had an out of the box approach to education.
Tuesday, The Little Things: The sweet bunnies who suddenly appeared one day 10 years ago after DD's friend passed away and have lived in my backyard ever since. The sound of waves crashing on the beach. The hysterical laughter of young children.
Wednesday, Red Things: The frozen raspberries that go in my daily smoothie. Red roses that remind me of my Mother. Chanel #817 red lipstick.
Thursday, Orange Things: The deep orange in a sunset. Jack'O'Lanterns. The Essie Tangerine Tease nail polish on my nails right now.

Things we are grateful for, right?

Yellow is my favorite color!

1. The walls in the main area of our house are painted a Mickey Mouse Yellow ::MickeyMo paired with white wainscoting and it says “Home” to me. DH lovingly renovated the whole area which I am very grateful for.

2. (This may be silly) but the Lysol wipes that I keep everywhere just to have on hand (I don’t go crazy with them, lol) are yellow. I feel Iike it enables me to give my hands a good “washing” when I need to and that’s a beautiful thing when you don’t have a sink! (Not a big fan of hand sanitizer though I have to use a ton of it at work - blech.)

3. Lemons - I love lemon anything! 🍋

Hip Hip Hooray….It’s Yellow Day :tongue:

I love the color yellow - such a happy color :goodvibes .

I love the yellow sun - it always makes me feel better regardless what mood I’m in

I’m really loving my yellow mums right now

I love my yellow summer clothes - I have several yellow items that I like wearing on sunny days.

I love love love my yellow kitchen ⬇️

F412AF6B-1007-4171-A6C3-6F7DAED6F2B1.jpeg

Roasted corn on the cob with butter, yum.

All sorts of yellow flowers. Mums and daisies blooming now. In the spring, we have daffodils in our front yard and forsythia bushes in the back. I even like dandelions.

And for a special Disney memory, I’ll say Snow White, my favorite classic princess, with her pretty yellow skirt. When I was about 6 or 7, I got a Snow White watch for Christmas that I loved. It had a pale yellow leather band, and came with a figurine of Snow that I kept on my dresser.

Roasted corn on the cob with butter, yum.

All sorts of yellow flowers. Mums and daisies blooming now. In the spring, we have daffodils in our front yard and forsythia bushes in the back. I even like dandelions.

And for a special Disney memory, I’ll say Snow White, my favorite classic princess, with her pretty yellow skirt. When I was about 6 or 7, I got a Snow White watch for Christmas that I loved. It had a pale yellow leather band, and came with a figurine of Snow that I kept on my dresser.
She’s my favorite too :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter