Three Things...Gratitude Thread

A pic of my daughter holding her little brother in the hospital-looking very happy and proud to be a big sister
A really cool photo of my dad with his back to the camera standing on the shore of a pond(he was a big fishing guy)
A photo of my husband and I with his Memere-who we just lost recently-at our wedding

Today's Topic (Tues, 1/30) - 3 photos you're grateful to have

I'm with Slo, narrowing this down to just three is nearly impossible!

Definitely our family portrait that was taken at WDW by their professional photographers and we're in a hammock at the Polynesian Resort! This is probably one of my fondest memories as well.

Gonna cheat a bit, lol, and say all 3 of my sons' high school graduation pictures. The photos really capture their very different personalities.

Lastly, I will select my youngest son's photo with Mickey Mouse. Michael was 15 months old and had no interest in walking but he was so excited to see Mickey Mouse that he took his first steps to grab Mickey's outstretched hand. We got the best shot of the awestruck look on his sweet little face. So long ago as he is 27 now.....

Photos of my parents as children

A big professional photo I had done of DS when he had no front teeth - it just captures the age so perfectly!

And this one is kind of cheating, because it has several in it, but a photo collage DS made me for my birthday one year - all pics of the two of us ❤️❤️❤️

January 31st has a rather eclectic mix of holidays -
IMG_3512.jpeg
So let's mix up our gratitude as well:

Today's Topics (Wed, 1/31) -
1 indulgent thing
1 healthy thing

1 useful thing

Good Morning! :wave:

#1 - Indulgent - A DQ Blizzard - I love them and have them rarely. I’ve had such a taste for one lately.

#2 - Healthy - My gym membership - I love to workout and I really missed the gym during COVID. I still worked out in the basement, but it wasn’t the same. I can’t think of a healthy food item since there’s very little that I can eat that’s healthy due to my UC.

#3 - Useful - My iPhone - it’s probably the single most useful item that I use every day.

Candy - I may indulge a little too much specially this time of the year or I should say right after the holidays so you know need to cut back love my Reese’s and M&Ms

Fruit & Vegetables- although fruit is nature candy that might be not so healthy but at least you get vitamins and minerals and I like most vegetables there’s a few I don’t but for the most part I do

Internet Makes you wonder how did we ever live without it I mean I know because I’m old enough to know this but I would really miss it if I didn’t have it I could do it I just wouldn’t want to

Today's Topics (Wed, 1/31) -
1 indulgent thing
1 healthy thing

1 useful thing

When I saw the topic, I said NO to “Eat Brussels Sprouts Day.”

Dark Chocolate ice cream sauce from Graeter’s Ice Cream in Cincinnati!

Salmon, especially on the grill, grilled by DH!

My walker!

Hot chocolate can be all 3! :D

Healthy: Prayer, rest, applesauce, and down time. I sure have been grateful for the use of my neighbor's walker. I hear you dear Bobbi. God's grace of recovery to me.

Indulgent: I really don't eat super sugary food anymore as I did pre pandemic. Fresh sugar cookies warm from the oven sure are are a treat.

Useful Thing: Internet that God has used to bring and keep us together.

Indulgent- Vacation stuff is where I really like to splurge. Lately, all of our travel is concerning DD17 getting ready to go to college and DD15s softball travel. Still, if I can find a way to tack on a fun activity or a few extra days to let loose and unwind...I will.

Healthy- My recumbent bike. It's nothing fancy and it's not as effective as an upright or spinning bike, but I've had it for 7.5 years so far and it's served me pretty well. The recumbent is also much kinder to knees. It's part of a small home gym set up I've got in my home office. I've got other cardo equipment, but it's my favorite. We recently tried a gym membership, but we could only go at peak hours, which was often more frustration than fitness. I do like a good walk out on our trails, but it's too easy for weather to get in the way. I'm 2 weeks into trying to get back into my 15+ miles a day on the bike routine.

Useful- Another iPhone vote. I've had this one for a little over 4 years, so it doesn't have all of the newest and greatest features, but I rarely go an hour without using it for something. I even need it to help log me into certain applications at work.

Indulgent - If we are being particular, there are these frosted brownies at this little supermarket a few towns away from me that are heavenly, but super indulgent. Each one weighs like half a pound. The frosting is like a buttercream/cream cheese type frosting. They are amazing, but a once a year kind of treat.

Healthy - Fresh cut fruit, especially if I don't have to cut it up. I love mixing cantaloupe, strawberries and pineapple.

Useful - My master bathroom. It is being remodeled right now and I miss it. Using the guest bath is not as functional.

Indulgent: I take myself out to lunch a couple of times a month. I go alone, with my Nook, and don't tell anyone. As it's just me, I order whatever I want, including items that are on the pricier side (I'm looking at you, clams, scallops, and lobster). I always have leftovers, but can bring them to my fridge at work so my indulgent secret is safe!

Healthy: I don't do a lot that is actually physically healthy, but I've learned to take breaks for my mental health. I try to get away for a long weekend at my sister's every 6 weeks or so. It's so refreshing to forget the everyday juggle of our very busy homelife and just BE.

Useful: My laptop. I don't have a cell phone (can't justify the cost when I have a laptop), so my laptop is my lifeline to my email, the DISboards, helpful internet sources (like vacation planning and such), and social media. The only social I use is Facebook, and then mostly just for Messenger. I love Messenger- it's my form of texting- keeps me in touch with loved ones and friends.

1 indulgent thing -
the heart-shaped brownie batter donuts that I will be able to get at Dunkin's for the next couple of weeks 🤎

1 healthy thing -
my treadmill, which I am very grateful for because the thing that most stops me from exercising is boredom, but with the treadmill I can watch something while I walk

1 useful thing -
the microwave oven

Hello, hello.

January has been challenging and I've been MIA a lot, sorry.

I do, often, think of this thread and it made me realize how much I appreciate that @PollyannaMom shows up here every day. Rain or shine! :hug:

Indulgent: I bought some Ben & Jerry's today as a Super Bowl treat. It'll be really late here, but I think I can probably manage some ice cream!!

Healthy: Hmm. Well-seasoned veg. A green salad. Fresh air. Plenty of cool, crisp water. ...And an appreciative mindset.

Useful: Remote controls!

(Wed, 1/31) -
1 indulgent thing
1 healthy thing

1 useful thing

1. Indulgent - When we moved into our house about 2 years ago, I hired someone to come in a decorate it. That is so unlike me, but I still love what she did today! She taught me how I can change things out for seasons too!

2. Healthy thing - My apple a day - I have one pretty much every day for lunch

3. Useful thing - My laptop - i love it! I am able to use my work laptop at home and I love that so all my favorites are always with me lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter