Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Good -5 degree :cold:Sunday Morning by me :wave:

#1 - Chicago - I love being so close to the city.

#2 - No hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, wild fires, excessive tornadoes and other things - I don’t like the perpetual grey skies, the cold and winter in general, but at least we don’t have all the other things I mentioned.

#3 - Lake Michigan - it’s nice to be so close to a large body of water.

I get to see a lot of wildlife - some I don’t care to run into again because they’re scary and they’ll eat you and then my friends those pesky deer 🦌 at least eat the weeds in my yard they’re good for something and entertainment as my neighbors can watch me fight with them over land since they seem to think they own my yard

I am far enough south being in the middle of America that we get to experience all sorts of weather so we do get the earthquakes tornadoes floods heavy rains left over from hurricanes Everything but wildfire thank God . I’d be more grateful if Canada would take their weather back but for the most part we have mild winters short period of that dreaded snow and unfortunately we get ice which they are calling for Monday but then it’s gonna be back up in the upper 40s close to 50 so I’m grateful we get those southern breezes from Mexico quite frequently to change our weather to something warmer it’s very odd these days for us to have very long cold spells - grateful for that is I prefer much warmer weather

I’m grateful the area I live in is built up enough that we finally have stores and I don’t have to drive to Target or Walmart into the next town I have one right down the street now I’m not so sure that’s a good thing maybe it’s a little too close🤣🤣🤣

I lived in the same town just about my whole life aside from the weather I like it if we didn’t have winter here I probably wouldn’t mind living here until I died but seriously I just don’t like winter my bones don’t like winter and I’d rather be someplace it’s warm all the time and slip and break my bones on humidity but I may Monday trying to take the dog out
And I am not one of them people that enjoy shoveling snow and you just can’t find kids anymore I wanna shovel snow

Good Morning to all always:grouphug:. I love all of yesterday's shares. Welcome back Allison:hug:Prayers for K and always you my friend too you know that.

This area is home. God has graced dad and I with the absolute extra blessing of His daily and forever Presence and being able I pray to witness and serve in kind thanksgiving. That dad and I also have safe shelter with necessities and each other, overall health. Mercy and additional love!

Location where we live is convenient. Area sadly is continuing to become busier and not quite as safe. Extra reasons I keep in prayer our somehow being able to move one day. Of course ::MickeyMois just 45 minutes away traffic depending, too :)

We are blessed to have trees and some flowers along our street especially Evergreen :)

I'll be honest. I don't really like where we live. I am a City Mouse and I live in a small college town in rural Maine. However, it's where DH found a professional position that he was at for over 15 years and there have been other job opportunities here along the way, so we stayed. However, there are some good things about it:

1. We live close enough to town that we can walk in to enjoy the two microbreweries, three restaurants, and several smaller food venues. I know- it sounds like a bigger deal than it is, with everything being rather small. Still, we enjoy the taprooms and meeting up with the other "townies." It always cracks me up that the 30-somethings like to hang out with us; we are easily old enough to be their parents, and for some, their grandparents!

2. We live within reasonable driving distance of my family. Considering we lived in Michigan, San Francisco, Syracuse, and Pennsylvania, I appreciate that it's only a 3-4 hour drive to see my family. DD was able to grow up knowing her grandmother and great aunts, my sister and brother (and their kids), as well as my cousins and their kids/grandkids in Mass. I try to get down to my sister's about once every month or so as it's only a 2.75 hour drive for me. It's harder to see DH's family as they are in Ohio and Indiana, but we lived fairly closely to them when we were in MI and PA, so DD knows the relatives on his side of the family, too.

3. Having a hard time coming up with this one, so I'll just leave it at 2!
Thanks to @mumto3girls I have a third; I like having 4 seasons, too, even if I really don't like winter!

Last edited:
1. I like having the 4 seasons.
2. We live in a suburb and I appreciate the closeness of grocery stores and other shopping without the congestion of the city. But the city is only 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic so nice for cultural and sporting events as well as good medical care.
3. Close to both sides of our family.

1. The forest and greenbelts throughout our town- We have over 75 miles of paved trails, most of which are in heavily forested areas or along the river, lakes, or along bayous and creeks.

2. Warm weather- Yeah, it comes with the risk of hurricanes and summer can be brutal, but we never have to shovel snow, bundling up is rarely more than pants and a long sleeve shirt (unless I’m sitting outside for hours on end), and it’s just always very green.

3. The bubble- We moved to this burb in 2017. We were previously in an area with lots of new construction, never had a real sense of community because it was taking so long to grow and we always had to drive a distance for everything. We still have to venture out of our bubble here and there, but with work from home full time, there are now weeks where we just never have to leave town.

In the end, we don’t want to stay here. It probably won’t happen until retirement, but we may give up mild winter for life in the Rockies. We’ll see.

The area where we chose to retire is beautiful! I will attempt to share our view from the house.

The beach is less than 5 minutes away.

The pace of living is much slower in NC than it was in MD. While this can be good and bad, we choose to see it as good for our peace of mind.

Attachments

• IMG_7285.JPEG
    IMG_7285.JPEG
    85.4 KB · Views: 1
I live in New England and besides all of the cold weather, I love it here. Things I am grateful for are about my area are...

1. I only live a few hours from so many places. (Boston, New York City, Rhode Island, the beach, the mountains)
2. Not everything is a new planned community like things tend to be in the south. I like the character of the old buildings and the quirkiness of the towns.
3. I am not a big city person and I love the small town coziness of my part of the world.

Last edited:
(Sun, 1/21) - 3 things you're grateful for about the area where you live

1. I'm grateful that we go to a local restaurant and always see people we know to visit with.
2. I'm grateful that we are close to both of our families. Our 2 DDs moved to the city closest to us, so they're about 40 minutes away, but I still consider that close. I wish they lived in our town, but I doubt they'll ever move back. Time will tell though because it's a good area to raise kids, so who knows what the future holds!
3. I'm grateful that we can live in a small town and still have the conveniences of a big city (airport, great medical, etc) only about 35-45 minutes away (depending on where you're going).

Good Monday Morning :wave:

#1 - My MIL who’s name starts with N - I couldn‘t ask for a more wonderful MIL.

#2 - News - a lot of people don’t like the news, but I do. It’s the first thing I watch in the morning (it’s on now) and the first thing I put on when I come home from work (we have a TV in our kitchen).

#3 - Noodles - I love pasta. I don’t eat it a lot due to my DH being Type 2 diabetic, and me not wanting all the carbs, but when I do eat it, I love it :goodvibes

New day by the Grace of God to get up and go as called by and for Him with love.

Our own PollyannaMom's (N in her name), Newski_Mom along with along of you God has extra blessed me with knowing and trusting me to care for.

New memories and joy, ways to grow and be witness, God willing to come.

1. Needles - I was initially thinking about sewing and mending clothes, but the medical kind are also a must. While I pray that we never need to use the ones in DD17s EpiPens, I'm grateful they're there. I was also thinking about surgical and dental procedures where everything from injections to IVs rely on some form of needle.

2. Netflix - Yeah, it's one of several streaming sources, but it's the one we tend to keep around and it's been the source of many family viewing sessions...from new movies to binging popular shows.

3. Nissan - Back in 2013, we were in a horrific car wreck. We were at a full stop at a red light and were hit by a vehicle that was estimated to be traveling around 75mph at time of impact. My 2012 Nissan Pathfinder was the last round of Pathy's built on a truck frame (body-on-frame vs. unibody). It's the same frame that was used for the Armada and Titan. In any event, while the vehicle was totaled, the actual body handled it exceptionally well. The cabin remained fully intact, no glass breakage, no obvious signs of impact inside, etc. The vehicle that hit us looked like a metallic pancake. I remember the officers at the scene and the guy at the collision center all hugging me and telling me that contrary to all of the various auto studies and ratings, I was in a vehicle known to crash really well and it likely saved us from serious injury/death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter