Thread for allergy foods updates

The Udi's people sent me some information about the brands they provide, stating that they are gluten, soy, dairy, and nut free. Here's the info for the roll they provide:

INGREDIENTS: FILTERED WATER, TAPIOCA STARCH, BROWN RICE FLOUR, RESISTANT CORN STARCH, EGG WHITES, VEGETABLE OIL (MAY CONTAIN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: SUNFLOWER, SAFFLOWER, NON-GMO CANOLA OIL), SUNFLOWER SEEDS, RICE BRAN, TEFF FLOUR, FLAX SEED MEAL, CANE SYRUP, WHOLE FLAX SEED, YEAST (YEAST, POTATO STARCH), GUM (XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM ALGINATE, GUAR GUM), SALT, PEA PROTEIN, KONJAC, CARAMEL COLOR, LACTIC ACID, MOLD INHIBITOR (CULTURED CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID), FUMARIC ACID, ENZYME (CALCIUM SULFATE, ENZYMES). CONTAINS EGG.

Kosher:

Then they sent me a list of things that they also provide to WDW and Disneyland:

Here is the complete list of all the products we provide for Walt Disney World:

– Plain Bagels

– Blueberry Muffins

– Double Chocolate Muffins

– Pizza Crust

– White Bread

– Dinner Rolls

–Classic (Disneyworld) and Wholegrain Hamburger buns(Disneyland)

–Hotdog Buns

All of these items will also be gluten, soy, dairy, and nut free.

I'm still curious why the chefs are saying they aren't safe? :confused3
Sounds like all together not very clear about the new products being offered.

I'll be back @ WDW in a few weeks for my birthday and a long weekend, so I'll keep everyone posted on what I get.

Also, clanmculloch: what kind of cake flavors did they offer for the babycakes delivery (do they have different frostings??) That cake looked great! :thumbsup2

I read all the post and see a lot are not happy with the Udi's, my mom will be one of the happy ones. She loves Udi's...Now for French Meadow and Divvies being gone is very upsetting to my son who has an allergy to Peanuts and Tree Nuts...I looked up OMG and see that they are safe for him I just hope they are good..I hope there are not many terrible changes for everyone..Disney was the one place I felt safe for my son, I don't want to go in panic mode on our next trip.. I will be watching this thread and contacting them again before our next trip, since my August 2011 list is now voided..

I hope that list is accurate for what they provide to WDW. The buns for WDW it says are the regular which do not have any orange but the wheat ones do according to their website.

I also wonder why chefs would be telling people that they're not milk free. Weird.

I don't remember what flavours of cake were available. I know there were 2 types of chocolate cakes (chocolate and brownie) plus I think red velvet, vanilla and a few others. There were several icing flavours as well and they can do many colours. If you email or call, they'll give you the details.

This thread was because Disney is updating their allergy forms, and it was more of a look out that when they do, we can notify each other. Currently, there is no up-to-date info from Special Diets, I just emailed them. They said they are in the process. This will give us an idea of what other options are available as they come.\

Can you let me know what that e-mail address is? DS has gluten & diary allergies and I don't know where to begin!

Thank you!! The cakes look great! That is great to hear about the pineapple ice pops -she loves the Edy's ones. She is mixed with textures (won't eat apple sauce or jello) but chunks of fruit in her ice pop won't bother her at all. She will only be 5 this June so she is still young. Are a lot of the sorbet's mango flavored? If so I guess I might have to push her allergist to test her with a few more things (we avoid tropical fruits because the day she had her major reaction she also had passionfruit and mango but we tested her for so many things that we didn't want to push her any more - and those are easy to avoid). I figure we can get her some frozen lemonades as snacks which would be nice in the heat of August. I think she would like those if she can't get ice cream.

What about soy milk? Do they carry vanilla silk? I saw a mention of another brand but I'm not familiar with it. She will only drink the vanilla flavor she doesn't like plain soy milk. Maybe I should just order the juice box sizes from garden grocer then and bring one along with us just in case. I assume apple juice is readily available in the parks it was at our last trip. With the dining plan do they get cups of apple juice from the dispenser or are they juice boxes? What about with the soy milk?

We don't do our ADRs until February. When I get my list of where we think we want to eat I will come over here and ask for feedback on our choices. Right now I know we will do Ohana, and Akershus (dinners - we do breakfast in our room) - but we are going back and forth on our other choices. How is Cinderella's castle for dinner? We will be on the dining plan.

They have a fresh pineapple spear at Aloha Isle in Adventureland. I had that recently and it was very refreshing! Not sure if your DD would be okay with that or not. On a side note, I was allergic to lemons and peaches when I was little. I would break out in hives whenever I would eat them. I grew out of that allergy though :)

The apple juice we had in Dec was in a juice box. Minute Maid I believe it was. I think they had Silk Soy Milk at Captain Cooks at the Poly. Not 100% sure on that though.

If you go to allears or download a Disney Dining app on your iPhone, you can look at menus from all around the parks, TS, QS, and snack places. That should help you with knowledge of places to eat.

For anyone who would be interested. I just heard from someone who returned this weekend from WDW. They checked out the food court of POR for me and reported back that they only have Pearl Soy chocolate or plain. No silk and no vanilla individual boxes.

For anyone who would be interested. I just heard from someone who returned this weekend from WDW. They checked out the food court of POR for me and reported back that they only have Pearl Soy chocolate or plain. No silk and no vanilla individual boxes.
We are staying at POR so that's good to know--thanks!

Also, I see AllEars is starting to update their menus. Quite a few of them are dated Jan 2012 now.

Looks like all the new products are out for me.....Corn allergy sucks!

AllergyEats Disney World (allergyeats.com/disney) also linking to all the new menus.

If you're not familiar with the new site, check it out and rate your own Disney World dining experiences.

AllergyEats Disney World builds off the successful AllergyEats site - the largest peer-based online guide to allergy-friendly restaurants.

Those who have been what did they have by way of the Udi's muffins?? My son won't be able to have ANY of the OMG cookies or brownies at all but would happily eat those muffins. Just curious.

So, so sad. DD is severely lactose intolerant and I am as well, but not as severe. WDW was our safe place for food as DD can not consume any dairy.

Just last week I submitted my allergy form which included food requests for the Neverland Club (specifically Divvies cookies) and was not informed that they were unavailable!

Regarding the chef confusion over the dairy in the rolls... my guess is the Lactic Acid. Yes, I know, not lactose, but on DCL we fought this battle daily and had to demand that DD COULD eat the food and that it was not lactose or lactose-derived.

In a couple of weeks I plan to call and ask about the location of hot dogs (hope these have not changed!) and chicken fingers for DD. I am almost considering moving off-site and splitting time with Sea World, but have not looked into their special diets as I like to just stay in one place.

Guess we will not be renewing our AP's this year (and yes, I live in Canada) if they cannot feed DD and me! :headache:

I hope that list is accurate for what they provide to WDW. The buns for WDW it says are the regular which do not have any orange but the wheat ones do according to their website.

I also wonder why chefs would be telling people that they're not milk free. Weird.

I don't remember what flavours of cake were available. I know there were 2 types of chocolate cakes (chocolate and brownie) plus I think red velvet, vanilla and a few others. There were several icing flavours as well and they can do many colours. If you email or call, they'll give you the details.

Yes, I hope that list is accurate too. I just keep hearing mixed things from the chefs and then the companies. Strange.

Thanks for the heads up about the cakes from Babycakes. I do like their brownie cupcakes with mint frosting...I might have to do that as a cake! :banana:

Can't wait to report back after my birthday trip.

I just attempted to call Special Diets and had to leave a message. I really need to know if the hot dogs are the same and if DD can eat any of the chicken fingers and where I can buy them if she needs the allergy ones as she did before.

I will let you all know what they say when they call back...

I am also going to ask about the rolls, although I am more tempted to believe the Udi's web site and hope that she can be served them.

If we were going for a short visit I would not be so worried, but we are booked for 8 nights and I need to know if she can have more than one food from one restaurant in each park.

Disney is no longer the Happiest Place on Earth for me right now.

2gr8DisneyKids, I really hope you get a better response than I did when I spoke with somebody on the phone. They were COMPLETELY non-commital and wouldn't say anything.

I'm right there with you that Disney is no longer the Happiest Place on Earth.

Thank you, clanmcculloch! I still have not heard back from Special Diets, but called Captain Cooks today to find out about the NeverLand Club (trying if for the first time!) and food options for DD there.

"safe" dairy-free kid meals there are:

chicken nuggets
hamburger and bun (claimed it was the tapioca one, though?)

for dessert was a dairy-free cookie (the brownie contained dairy)

So, I am still good with that reservation! :goodvibes

I think I might call the manager at POFQ tomorrow and see what I can find out from there about foods since that will be our resort. I am feeling a bit better and am glad that we are cutting back on the number of TS restaurants since her favorites there seem to be the ones most in question, at least for us.

Still not happy, epically about all the secrecy and poor communication about the new foods.

Just got off the phone with Christine at Special Diets...

She told me the opposite on the cookies, that DD can have the brownie, but not the cookie! :confused3 But then told me to check because she and her co-worker were not 100% sure on the cookie.

She also said that the allergy chicken nuggets/tenders are still dairy-free and should still be available at all normal park locations, that they are not limiting the availability of allergy foods at any park restaurants.

She also said the Umi's rolls were gluten, nut, dairy, and soy-free.

She is sending me the ingredient info for the nuggets and the hot dogs and I will pass them on when I get them.

Still SOOOOO frustrating!

Allergy Chicken Tenders
Allergy Free Foods, Gainesville, Ga. 30504
Chicken Tenders
Battered and Breaded With: Water, Brown Rice, White Rice, Modified Tapioca Starch, Sugar, Flax Seed, Salt, Spices, Dehydrated Garlic, Spice Extractives and Oleoresin Paprika
Breading Is Pre-Browned In Canola Oil

Allergy Chicken Tenders
Allergy Free Foods, Gainesville, Ga. 30504
Chicken Tenders
Battered and Breaded With: Water, Brown Rice, White Rice, Modified Tapioca Starch, Sugar, Flax Seed, Salt, Spices, Dehydrated Garlic, Spice Extractives and Oleoresin Paprika
Breading Is Pre-Browned In Canola Oil

I am allergic to milk as well. I had the allergy friendly chicken fingers at Columbia Harbour House, Electric Umbrella and Back lot Express. They are so yummy!!

I also had a hot dog from Casey's Corner. They did not have dairy in them (they were the same as before)

The cake I had from BabyCakes was a blondie cake. It was vanilla cake with chocolate chips and chocolate icing. Omg it was so good!!!! :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter